Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Subscription Required: 12012 Your subscription does not include this channel. Please choose another

New Poster

Subscription Required: 12012 Your subscription does not include this channel. Please choose another

Please help.  I just established my xfinity account and downloaded the TV app on both my iphone and ipad.  However, whenever I try to use to watch a channel - i always get the 12012 error message:  Subscription Required, your subscription does not include this channel.  Every channel I try always says the same thing.  Please help!!!!

Service Expert

Re: Subscription Required: 12012 Your subscription does not include this channel. Please choose ano

marc6181 wrote:

Please help.  I just established my xfinity account and downloaded the TV app on both my iphone and ipad.  However, whenever I try to use to watch a channel - i always get the 12012 error message:  Subscription Required, your subscription does not include this channel.  Every channel I try always says the same thing.  Please help!!!! 

do you have the X1 entertainment system? if so, call 877-896-8678 and ask the agent to verify that your account has the 'cloud DVR' rate code active. once they activate it, then go to the app and log out/back in and accept the terms and conditions. Then, if you are on your home xfinity network you should be able to stream any channel you can watch on your television.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Subscription Required: 12012 Your subscription does not include this channel. Please choose ano

marc6181 wrote:

Thanks for becoming a subscriber and sorry you're having trouble. Have you have your equipment (set-top box and/or cable modem) installed yet? Your account isn't fully active until the service is setup  in your home. You should be able to watch limited On Demand content which is filtered to only show the content to which you are entitled (possibly limited to free, national content if you're not fully active yet).

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation