Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Streaming TV error message: (Error TVAPP-00206)

New Poster

Streaming TV error message: (Error TVAPP-00206)

I am traveling and connected to the hotel WiFi in Dubai. Home area is florida. Streaming anything from XFinity fails, on demand or recorded sessions. I can stream from Hulu, NetFlix and Amazon, but NOT XFinity. The error message i receive for anything that is On Demand is in the subject, if it is a recording, it just gives me the default, something went wrong. Again, i can stream from my other sources, just NOT xFinity. Somewhat useless.

Service Expert

Re: Streaming TV error message: (Error TVAPP-00206)

wrote:

I am traveling and connected to the hotel WiFi in Dubai. Home area is florida. Streaming anything from XFinity fails, on demand or recorded sessions. I can stream from Hulu, NetFlix and Amazon, but NOT XFinity. The error message i receive for anything that is On Demand is in the subject, if it is a recording, it just gives me the default, something went wrong. Again, i can stream from my other sources, just NOT xFinity. Somewhat useless.

Comcast does not purchase (costs money) for rights to send content outside of USA. you can however download up to 10 recordings to each smart device that can be watched anywhere.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I two am having this same error (TVAPP-00206), but only on my computer,and only on the NFL CH. & Ion TV.My tv with my box has no problems.What could be causing this.

New Poster

I two am having this same error (TVAPP-00206), but only on my computer,and only on the NFL CH. & Ion TV.My tv with my box has no problems.What could be causing this?

New Poster

i started to have this same error tonight.( tvapp 00206 ) nfl network , espn2 , fox news,   and a few others  , spent almost a hour on support chat but they couldnt help any. gave up with them as i had to leave house for a bit.   same here i use computer for connection and a Tv as the viewing monitor. i can stream it all fine on phone . its worked fine for over a year this way. 

New Poster

I started receiving this error message last night, March 8, on most but not all channels.  I stream TV on my laptop, and it has worked flawlessly for several years until last night.  

New Poster

I am getting the same error TVAPP-00206 also.     It started when comcast changed the on screen buttons a couple of days ago.    To name a few chanels that are affected ( ION, Ch 13 )

New Poster

I am having the same error on some of my channels ever since I was prompted to apply a software update on 3/8. I have noticed that one of the scenarios that is NOT the cause is whether the channel is broadcasting in HD or not. Some channels I am still receiving are HD, though I am not receiving more than a dozen or more channels.

New Poster

I have more info: Migman1 reported that he/she could not watch NFL Network. I tried the channel but before it finished initializing, I changed the full screen/mini screen to mini, and it worked. I tried this with some other channels I was not receiving and it did not connect, even in mini view.

New Poster

BTW: I am on an HP Pavilion 500-054 Desktop with 8GB RAM and Radeon Video.

New Poster

It seems to have something to do with the HD videos. I had the same error message cause certain channels wouldnt load while others did. Here is the solution i found that works when i did it. On the channel lineup page. Next to the search box is a cogg looking icon. It's the settings. Click on that and then goto "playback preferences" click that and then turn OFF best play available. The picture doesnt fill the entire screen at least not on my MacBook pro but i can watch the channels now. Hope this helps others. I know how frustrating it can be.

New Poster

Thanks for trying to solve this.  I just tried the "best play available = off" option and it didn't change anything on my system.  Most channels still don't work.  I'm thinking Comcast has made a change and has run into unanticipated bugs.  Hopefully they are working on it.  

@kenton71 wrote:

It seems to have something to do with the HD videos. I had the same error message cause certain channels wouldnt load while others did. Here is the solution i found that works when i did it. On the channel lineup page. Next to the search box is a cogg looking icon. It's the settings. Click on that and then goto "playback preferences" click that and then turn OFF best play available. The picture doesnt fill the entire screen at least not on my MacBook pro but i can watch the channels now. Hope this helps others. I know how frustrating it can be.

New Poster

This error(TVAPP-00206) appeares on desk top with windows 10, laptop with windows 7. It does not appear on my cell phone or my Ipad2,they work fine.

The new app update does not seem to be working for windows dased computers with the stream Tv App. Could this be a server problem?

Service Expert

@mjgman1 wrote:

This error(TVAPP-00206) appeares on desk top with windows 10, laptop with windows 7. It does not appear on my cell phone or my Ipad2,they work fine.

The new app update does not seem to be working for windows dased computers with the stream Tv App. Could this be a server problem?

works for me on latest update windows 10 and chrome browser. Since flash is required chrome usually works well since it stays updated with built-in flash that Chrome keeps updated. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Worked...Issue was Error TVAPP-00206.  Once you change the setting to "OFF" you can get your sports channels.  If the screen is small, top right corner (inside the picture)  you can go full screen.  Good luck to all and thanks for the tip.

New Poster

It worked for me too. I just can't watch ESPN on HD, so I'm stuck watching it on poor quality. I can easily increase the screen size, but that does't change the poor quality of the original feed.

This isn't a long-term solution. I should be able to watch sports channels/programming in HD like I can watch all other programming.

New Poster

The fix worked for me too. Does anyone have any idea if/when Xfinity will be resolving this issue with streaming on a PC/Laptop? With MLB starting up this is a huge pain. 

New Poster

I had to return a cable box to one of the Comcast outlets and reported to the clerk and he said that he would report it to his suppervisor.     Good luck with that.

New Poster

Fox has now been effected on PC.

New Poster

Same here.  Windows 10, Edge or Chrome - trying to watch ESPN but - nothing I checked would play.  Pretty disappointing.

New Poster

Your solution worked...thanks!

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 14 in conversation