Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Streaming App Error

Frequent Visitor

Streaming App Error

Hello,

I have been trying for hours to find a resolution to this, and so far, I've had no luck.

I have tried to access the streaming app on multiple devices and through multiple browsers and I've had no luck.  I am asked for my login information and it's accepted, but then I get some kind of error message and the app goes no further.  I can't even get off the initial "Get Started" screen.

These are the error messages I keep getting:

PC (through Chrome and Explorer) -

"Sorry, we're having some trouble   Xfinity Stream is not available at the moment. Please try back soon. (Error ftde.provision.11005)"

Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge -

"Something's not right here. We are having trouble adding this device to your account. Please give us a call at 1-800-XFINITY and mention error 3329.11005."

iPad -

"Back Office Provision Error  Failed to provision account through AccountProvisioningWebService"

I have talked to at least 3 people in each of Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 customer support and noone has been able to fix the problem or even explain to me what the problem is.  I'm starting to get very frustrated and I would really like a resolution here.  Has anyone else seen these kinds of errors before and, if so, were they able to get them resolved?  I appreciate any info you've got that you could share.  Thanks very much.

Accepted Solutions
Admin1

Re: Streaming App Error

freshness28 -- I received word from our support team that they found the issue. There was a provisioning error with your username that was preventing the App from working correctly. They are getting this resolved.

ccarra -- It is possible this is the same issue with your App access. Please contact us via PM or by phone to provide your account information (name, account number, and username) so that we can get this resolved for you. 

All Replies
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hi @freshness28

I can look further into your error. I'd like to review a few things on the backend. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the account number or phone number associated with your services. 

New Poster

I had the same error message "Back Office Provision Error, exceded the number of devices".  This error was not true, because I had one device using the app. Angelo in Tier 2 fixed my problem of not being able to connect to stream on multiple devices.  We did two things.  First he refreshed my account.  Then I went into my settings on the stream app on the iphone 8, went to settings, then at the bottom signed out.  Then I was able to get the stream app working on the ipad (old version) and it still was working on the iphone 8.  

New Poster

I am having the exact same issues using the Xfinity Stream app - does not work on a Samsung Phone, IPAD or laptop.  The problem has been escalated 3 times with customer service and still no fix!!! Anyone have any clues how this can be resolved?  Its alarming that Xfinity does not have an answer to their own error codes.

Expert

@ccarra wrote:

I am having the exact same issues using the Xfinity Stream app - does not work on a Samsung Phone, IPAD or laptop.  The problem has been escalated 3 times with customer service and still no fix!!! Anyone have any clues how this can be resolved?  Its alarming that Xfinity does not have an answer to their own error codes.

call 800-Comcast, select billing. ask the agent to perform a deep background account refresh. (it takes up to an hour to complete). then run the stream app, log out and log back in. working?

Frequent Visitor

It’s been almost a month, and I still have no response.  Every once in a while I get a phone call to answer some customer service questions, or a Facebook message saying they are still looking into it, or a forum message saying thanks for my patience but we still don’t have any updates.

Easily the worst customer service experience I’ve ever had.  No one has fixed it, no one can explain my problem to me, and no one has even contacted with me an update except for the ones that say “we’ll give you an update when we hear something”.  

What is is going on here?

Admin1

freshness28 -- Our App support team has been working on this. I've reached out to them today asking if they have any further information on this that we can share with you. We'll provide that once it becomes available. 

New Poster

Just spoke to Comcast.  They are telling me that this is an App Development Program.  The account refresh did not fix the problem.  They tell me that they have issued a ticket to the App Developers for whatever that is worth.  Maybe I will get a call back sometime?  Maybe I should have picked Verizon.  I never had problems with their streaming Apps.  Frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

Someone did contact me.  Unfortunately, they called me to tell me that an unrelated problem was fixed, and that they have no idea why the app doesn’t work.  He also told me that since he’s not the software engineer, he doesn’t know why and can’t really give me more information.  So...essentially the same problem, but now I’ve been updated that no one knows what the problem is.

Admin1

freshness28 -- Our support team is continuing with this. They needed you to test things out to see the problem persisted. They'll continue working through this. 

Frequent Visitor

Ah ok.  That wasn’t the information I received from the last person I spoke to.  He was talking about my account being suspended and then unsuspended.  He didn’t even realize I had a problem with the streaming app.  I’m happy to try whatever the team needs me to in order to move things along.

Frequent Visitor

Another week and again, not a single update.

I did receive a phone call today though.

A pleasant woman asked me if she could go ahead and confirm that the issue has been fixed.

The issue is no different than it's been.  Why is she calling me?  Why doesn't she know this?  Why can't I get an update?  Why is it that nobody reaches out unless I can help THEM by confirming that they can close the ticket? Why is it that I pay 200 dollars a month and noone finds it important to let me know what is happening?  Who allows customer service like this?  Who is responsible?  And why is so difficult for me to talk to them?

I have now tried this forum, Xfinity's facebook chat, phone contact with Tier 1, Tier 2, AND Tier 3 support.  

Tags (1)
Admin1

freshness28 -- The agent who called you was from the support team. She needed to see if what they've been working on to fix this issue had fixed it or not. They'll continue to work through this and then contact you back once they're ready to have you test this out again. 

New Poster

I have been having the same issues for weeks. So many different error codes, error codes that dont pertain to me. I cannot stream anything on macbook pro away from home.
Frequent Visitor

I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't been contacted again either. It would be nice if someone would at least tell me what the problem is and what they're trying, rather than just having me sit here for days at a time. In three days, this will have been going on for a month.
New Poster

I too am in the same situation....Comcast tells me it is an issue with whoever wrote the App but there is no solution and certainly no follow-up. If anyone has any solutions presented, please share. Short of cancelling my account, I do not know what else to do.
Admin1

freshness28 -- I received word from our support team that they found the issue. There was a provisioning error with your username that was preventing the App from working correctly. They are getting this resolved.

ccarra -- It is possible this is the same issue with your App access. Please contact us via PM or by phone to provide your account information (name, account number, and username) so that we can get this resolved for you.