Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

StreamTV app bad on Kindle Fire 3rd gen

Contributor

StreamTV app bad on Kindle Fire 3rd gen

StreamTV app 4.3 does not play properly on Kindle Fire 3rd gen, it noticeably stutters playback for several seconds every 15 to 30 seconds. Went back to a 4.2 apk and that plays everything normally.

Tried a reset of the older Kindle, but didnt help it. Tested 4.3 on a newer Kindle and a Samsung Galaxy S3, and its fine on those devices. So it must be 4.3 that changed something that affects processing on the older Kindle?

Service Expert

Re: StreamTV app bad on Kindle Fire 3rd gen

Scree wrote:

StreamTV app 4.3 does not play properly on Kindle Fire 3rd gen, it noticeably stutters playback for several seconds every 15 to 30 seconds. Went back to a 4.2 apk and that plays everything normally.

Tried a reset of the older Kindle, but didnt help it. Tested 4.3 on a newer Kindle and a Samsung Galaxy S3, and its fine on those devices. So it must be 4.3 that changed something that affects processing on the older Kindle?

to test I just played back an episode on DVR of Angite Tribeca. all played perfectly.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Very strange. Can't figure it out, but it is a crappy kindle, afterall. lol   4.3 just won't play dvr or live tv normally anymore, but 4.2 does perfectly. I'll try it again eventually, or wait until the next revision.

Contributor

Well, installed 4.3 again, and it just doesn't play right, stuttering badly for a few seconds every 10 or so seconds.  The only thing I can come up with is it must be something about the new permissions 4.3 requires over 4.2 (the kindle asks to manually update because of new permissions).  4.3 must be doing something more that is interfering with whatever processing (like the stream downloading or rendering), because as said, 4.2 plays fine.

You're sure you tested on an old kindle 3rd gen?

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation