Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Stream

New Poster

Stream

I try to watch a video outside of my home network and it gives me the message in the photo listed below, and I have a working wifi connection, can someone help me please?
IMG_2134.PNG
Expert

Re: Stream

ngresla10 wrote:
I try to watch a video outside of my home network and it gives me the message in the photo listed below, and I have a working wifi connection, can someone help me please?

did you set the filter to 'out of home' before selecting?

New Poster

No, how do you do that?
Official Employee

ngresla10 wrote:

Sorry you're having trouble. Are you outside the USA? Streaming is restricted to USA only due to programmer rights.

-ComcastDan

Expert

ngresla10 wrote:
No, how do you do that?

with the stream app select Live TV / All Listings. and touch the filter futton button and activate 'available out of home', then touch done. The listings shown all should work. Same for on-demand assets.

New Poster

No this show was on my dvr, and it still won't let me watch that
New Poster

I'm talking about recordings, it won't let me watch recordings outside of my house
Expert

ngresla10 wrote:
I'm talking about recordings, it won't let me watch recordings outside of my house

are you physically located inside the USA while playing back? (as a Comcat employee asked above) What error code do you receive?

New Poster

Error code 3305. It says I have no wifi connection when I do. I am trying to play a recording from my DVR outside of the U.S. Can you only play your recorded shows on your DVR inside the U.S. Or not?
Expert

ngresla10 wrote:
Error code 3305. It says I have no wifi connection when I do. I am trying to play a recording from my DVR outside of the U.S. Can you only play your recorded shows on your DVR inside the U.S. Or not?

streaming won't work outside of USA. you can download up to 6 10 recordings and watch them anywhere. Comcast does not have the 'digital rights' to deliver streaming content outside of USA.

edit: senior moment I guess.. typed 10 on so many replies.

Official Employee

Rustyben wrote:

ngresla10 wrote:

streaming won't work outside of USA. you can download up to 6 recordings and watch them anywhere. Comcast does not have the 'digital rights' to deliver streaming content outside of USA.

Mostly correct, Rusty.  Streaming doesn't work outside the USA.  You can download up to 10 items to 5 separate devices for viewing offline (even outside the USA - as long as the download happens before you leave).