members

online now

discussions

Stream tv download save location

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

So, like a lot of folks, I have a mobile device with the basic memory package and a microSD card that could hold 10-30 times as much. This becomes a problem when the StreamTV app saves downloaded recordings to system memory. How can I get the app to save it to my expanded memory?

1 REPLY
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 2

EchoMtn wrote:

So, like a lot of folks, I have a mobile device with the basic memory package and a microSD card that could hold 10-30 times as much. This becomes a problem when the StreamTV app saves downloaded recordings to system memory. How can I get the app to save it to my expanded memory?

move all the apps you can to the SD card in your settings app, storage tab. to maximize the room available.

If/when you have at least android 6.0 (Marshmallow) then you can 'adopt' your SD card which then becomes non-removeable system memory. pick a good sized card to so this as it will be a  pain to upgrade leater. the 64 GB class 10 are very cheap many places (including Amazon). If you have a lower version of android, there is no provision to store on removable memory because of DRM (encryption requirements and system memory only restrictions). 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon