Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Stream is not available at the moment, please try back soon

New Poster

Stream is not available at the moment, please try back soon

I am receiving the following error when trying to check TV listings on Xfinity.  I used to be able to see what shows were coming up and check if any college hockey games I might be interested in viewing, not I get this?  Any ideas?

xfinity issue with computer.jpg
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Stream is not available at the moment, please try back soon

Zingostarr wrote:

I am receiving the following error when trying to check TV listings on Xfinity.  I used to be able to see what shows were coming up and check if any college hockey games I might be interested in viewing, not I get this?  Any ideas?

What device are you using?

New Poster

I am using a desktop, win 7, google chrome.  I also tried it on internet explorer and I receive a flash message error, even though I have the latest Flash player installed, 27.0.0170, like I say, it used to work, and just stopped about a month ago. 

Thanks

Service Expert

Zingostarr wrote:

I am using a desktop, win 7, google chrome.  I also tried it on internet explorer and I receive a flash message error, even though I have the latest Flash player installed, 27.0.0170, like I say, it used to work, and just stopped about a month ago. 

Thanks

microsoft support for win 7 ended in January of 2015. They offered update to windows 10 for free. you might check to see if it is still available as an upgrade. Do you have another PC to try that is more up to date?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Zingostarr wrote:

Thanks

You can try clearing browser cache and cookies and retry

Gold Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote: ... microsoft support for win 7 ended in January of 2015. ...

Windows 7 mainstream support ended in January 2015, but extended support continues through January 2020. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet.

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2475079,00.asp says:

Mainstream support mainly refers to free phone and online support, as well as non-security updates ... Microsoft won't end security updates for your Windows 7 PC until Jan. 14, 2020.

Service Expert

BruceW wrote:

Windows 7 mainstream support ended in January 2015, but extended support continues through January 2020. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet.

Mainstream support mainly refers to free phone and online support, as well as non-security updates ... Microsoft won't end security updates for your Windows 7 PC until Jan. 14, 2020.

extended support is business 'paid' under contract by 'seat' support not for the public.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote:

BruceW wrote:

extended support is business 'paid' under contract by 'seat' support not for the public.

Who cares if win 7 is still supported by MS? What does that have to do with the OP's problem that has been reported before on both app and website?

Bronze Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote:

BruceW wrote:

BTW: stream portal windows requirements includes win7

Supported Operating Systems

• Windows 10 (Desktop mode)
  • Windows 8 (Desktop mode)
  • Windows 7

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/xfinity-tv-website-requirements/#windows

Gold Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote: extended support is business 'paid' under contract by 'seat' support not for the public.

I can find no authoritative source for this claim for individuals. Please provide one, or retract your statement.

Gold Problem Solver

mvenanzi wrote: Who cares if win 7 is still supported by MS? ...

Rusty does, apparently.

What does that have to do with the OP's problem that has been reported before on both app and website?

Nothing, as you noted. I'm just trying to keep incorrect or incomplete information from cluttering the Forums and the minds of those who post here.

Bronze Problem Solver

BruceW wrote:

What does that have to do with the OP's problem that has been reported before on both app and website?

Nothing, as you noted. I'm just trying to keep incorrect or incomplete information from cluttering the Forums and the minds of those who post here.

That's an impossible task . .  .

Service Expert

BruceW wrote:

Rustyben wrote: extended support is business 'paid' under contract by 'seat' support not for the public.

I can find no authoritative source for this claim for individuals. Please provide one, or retract your statement.

I have experience in managing licenses (seats)

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote: I have experience in managing licenses (seats)

You're trying to apply policies intended for enterprises to individuals. That's not how Microsoft's licensing works. If you have an authoritative source for your claim, please cite it.

Service Expert

BruceW wrote:

Rustyben wrote: I have experience in managing licenses (seats)

You're trying to apply policies intended for enterprises to individuals. That's not how Microsoft's licensing works. If you have an authoritative source for your claim, please cite it.

hi Bruce, simply read what you posted. 'extended' = paid (like ATM machines running old XP OS). I kept up with seat licenses for NT workstations (per seat basis). The point is that is is a DRM issue so if a browser (like Chrome) that keeps up its own flash and adobe DRM system then the OS may not support an unbroken DRM handshake security test. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I can run the Xfinity TV app on my Win 7 laptop, so I believe this issue with win 10 had nothing to do with the issue.  

Bronze Problem Solver

Zingostarr wrote:

I can run the Xfinity TV app on my Win 7 laptop, so I believe this issue with win 10 had nothing to do with the issue.  

Of course not, win 7 is included the requirements. Try deleting browser cache and cookies, or try a different browser

Official Employee

Hello @Zingostarr. I can assist with the error message you are receiving using XFINITY Stream on your Windows 7 computer using Chrome.

Some great suggestions have been posted in your thread:

• Have you cleared your cached and cookies?
  • Can you try another web browser, like Firefox?
  • Have you tried to reset your Chrome browser? 

Please let me know if any of those suggestions work. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation