New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Stream TV downloads skipping

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Stream TV downloads skipping

I'm hoping someone knows of a fix for this issue. Every single show that I download to my iPad has periodic skips in video. The video timer does not appear to be affected, but the video will skip forward a few seconds. This only happens on downloaded content. Recorded content played back on my X1 box plays normally. Recorded content streamed to my iPad plays normally. Only downloaded content has this issue. I've tried removing and reinstalling the app but the issue still persists. I travel a lot and streaming content is not always an option so I usually have to download my shows and this skipping is extremely irritating.

Accepted Solution

Re: Stream TV downloads skipping

Kilzadi wrote:

I'm hoping someone knows of a fix for this issue. Every single show that I download to my iPad has periodic skips in video. The video timer does not appear to be affected, but the video will skip forward a few seconds. This only happens on downloaded content. Recorded content played back on my X1 box plays normally. Recorded content streamed to my iPad plays normally. Only downloaded content has this issue. I've tried removing and reinstalling the app but the issue still persists. I travel a lot and streaming content is not always an option so I usually have to download my shows and this skipping is extremely irritating.

First thing I would try is to completely power down your iPad. Have you installed the latest updates on the iPad (iOS 11) and the latest Xfinity Stream TV app version?

View answer in context
Service Expert

Kilzadi wrote:

First thing I would try is to completely power down your iPad. Have you installed the latest updates on the iPad (iOS 11) and the latest Xfinity Stream TV app version?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I’ve been having the same exact issue except my downloads only skip while on my home WiFi!  Makes me insane,especially since I’m a retired tech and I hate the Comcast answers of it’s the id10t error, the shut up and reboot know it all, and/or the error is caused by the chair to keyboard interface issue. I hope it’s not a 10 month wait on a fix like my last problem!

Looking forward to a possible answer!

Regular Visitor

I haven't upgraded to the latest iOS yet and am running the latest version of the app, but rebooting and then redownloading all of my recorded content seems to have resolved the issue. I've watched 3 downloaded shows now without any skipping. I'll be sure to do a restart now before downloading any content. I've got 20 different shows over the next 7 days to download I'll have plenty of opportunities to test this.

Official Employee

Glad to see Rustyben's suggestion worked, @Kilzadi

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee
Moved:

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation