Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Stream TV app server error

Frequent Visitor

Stream TV app server error

Why do I get a 3328 server error when I try to use Stream TV app on an iPhone 6s and mini I pad at my place of work. Our internet provider at work is Comcast.
Tags (1)
image.jpeg
Problem Solver

Re: Stream TV app server error

Tagmaher wrote:
Why do I get a 3328 server error when I try to use Stream TV app on an iPhone 6s and mini I pad at my place of work. Our internet provider at work is Comcast.

Could be that your employer is blocking it - maybe to get employees more productive at work?

Service Expert

Tagmaher wrote:

have you tried using the app with your cell phone data? does that work?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Okay, you have insulted me. I'll have you know that I am a very hard worker and I only listen to the news when I am doing repetitive work. I was able to stream the older version. The 3328 server error began with the new stream TV app.
Frequent Visitor

I don't have cell service on the IPhone. I only use it to access the Internet in a WiFi environment. However, I did speak to my IT manager at work and he suggested I try to stream using one of our hot spots using our Verizon Internet service, but I haven't had the time to do it yet. He and I both looked up this error code. Apparently, it is an Xfinity issue where other people had the same issue has me, but it was on the Xfinity TV app, but this was not a recent issue. So I am thinking it is the same issue with the Stream app and related portal.
Service Expert

to diagnose issues like yours, the fastest check is to try other 'data' sources. Does it work at home? does it work when connected to SSID xfinitywifi ? 

many wireless routers in a work environment do not allow various mixed data 'port' usage by default. You might ask around to test the issue if someone has t-mobile and if so, if they would help you test by providing a wifi hotspot for a few minutes to allow you to connect to their cell phone data stream and see if the app works fine then. It is outside of Comcast's control if the data stream is not fully available while on other people's networks.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I tested the Stream TV app on a Verizon hot spot at work and the app worked. Then I switched my WiFi connection to the work location, and turned off the Verizon hot spot and to my surprise the app kept on streaming. I expected it to stop streaming when I switched my wifi connection to the one of work. I thought this is too good to be true. So I did a complete shut down of of my iPhone and then rebooted. Of course, the iPhone automatically connected to my work place wifi. I opened the stream tv app and did not work! I got the 3328 server error. So then I turned on the Verizon hot spot and switched the connections. Then I opened the stream tv app and it worked! I did want to use the data on the hot spot, so switched the connection back to the work one, turned off the hotspot, and the app continued streaming off the work wifi connection. I told me IT manager about it and he said it sounds like the app has a defect in it when it tries to connect to the internet on my work wifi, especially when the old app had no problem connecting on 2/27/17, the day before the new app came online.
Service Expert

Tagmaher wrote:
I tested the Stream TV app on a Verizon hot spot at work and the app worked. Then I switched my WiFi connection to the work location, and turned off the Verizon hot spot and to my surprise the app kept on streaming. I expected it to stop streaming when I switched my wifi connection to the one of work. I thought this is too good to be true. So I did a complete shut down of of my iPhone and then rebooted. Of course, the iPhone automatically connected to my work place wifi. I opened the stream tv app and did not work! I got the 3328 server error. So then I turned on the Verizon hot spot and switched the connections. Then I opened the stream tv app and it worked! I did want to use the data on the hot spot, so switched the connection back to the work one, turned off the hotspot, and the app continued streaming off the work wifi connection. I told me IT manager about it and he said it sounds like the app has a defect in it when it tries to connect to the internet on my work wifi, especially when the old app had no problem connecting on 2/27/17, the day before the new app came online.

i'm a customer like you (reminder). But as a former network tech and systems manager, your test proves it is a problem in the work network plant (might be firewall, DNS, etc). You proved the app when given a normal network connection can verify the subscription (and you the subscriber). You might want to try a laptop or desktop on that same network to see if the problem is also duplicated. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

But the old app worked fine before they updated to the new app on 2/28/17. I already placed a complaint with Comcast.
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation