Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,806,202

members

46

online now

1,952,356

discussions

Top

Stream App works on iPhone but not on iPad’s.... no TV menu or latest purchases.

ANSWERED
New Poster

Stream App works on iPhone but not on iPad’s.... no TV menu or latest purchases.

“Live TV” and “Browse” menus in Xfinity ‘Stream TV’ app show up on iPhone but not on any other devices. The “Saved” menu only shows ‘Purchases” and “Downloads”, nothing else. The “purchases” menu is never complete, only shows some movies, not the most recent ones I’ve bought. This is very frustrating. I travel frequently... so the ability to download my recordings or purchased movies is one of the reasons I switched to the Xfinity X1 service from Century Link Prism TV. The Stream app works fine on my phone... but not on my PC, MacBook Air, iPad Pro and my regular iPad. The menu section for TV shows and DVR recordings isn’t there. I’ve logged out and back in more times than I can remember. I’ve deleted the Stream app on both iPads multiple times, reloaded, and logged back in. Still no TV or DVR menu... still no access to movies I just purchased or shows I’ve avoided watching live so that I have something to do on my flights. All I get is old purchases that have been on my account for months. The only two items in the menu are “Purchased” and “Downloads.”..... very frustrating. Can you help?

Accepted Solution

Re: Stream App works on iPhone but not on iPad’s.... no TV menu or latest purchases.

Hi Matt

 

I can try to help with this via private message (as it may require exchange of some account info). 

 

LHC

View answer in context
Service Expert

Re: Stream App works on iPhone but not on iPad’s.... no TV menu or latest purchases.


NelsoniteCO wrote:

“Live TV” and “Browse” menus in Xfinity ‘Stream TV’ app show up on iPhone but not on any other devices. The “Saved” menu only shows ‘Purchases” and “Downloads”, nothing else. The “purchases” menu is never complete, only shows some movies, not the most recent ones I’ve bought. This is very frustrating. I travel frequently... so the ability to download my recordings or purchased movies is one of the reasons I switched to the Xfinity X1 service from Century Link Prism TV. The Stream app works fine on my phone... but not on my PC, MacBook Air, iPad Pro and my regular iPad. The menu section for TV shows and DVR recordings isn’t there. I’ve logged out and back in more times than I can remember. I’ve deleted the Stream app on both iPads multiple times, reloaded, and logged back in. Still no TV or DVR menu... still no access to movies I just purchased or shows I’ve avoided watching live so that I have something to do on my flights. All I get is old purchases that have been on my account for months. The only two items in the menu are “Purchased” and “Downloads.”..... very frustrating. Can you help?


check each device's connection to the wireless network noting the SSID (name). are they all connected to the same SSID name? have you logged out of each device and back in one at a time and checked that device to see if the problem is fixed?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Stream App works on iPhone but not on iPad’s.... no TV menu or latest purchases.

The problem persists no matter what wireless network I’m on, or how many devices I have connected to said wireless network. Are you suggesting I can only download my purchases if I have one device connected and it needs to be connected to my home wireless network? I’m at a hotel in Tampa right now (I live in Denver) and I can download via the Stream app on my iPhone just fine. No such luck on either of my iPads.....

Service Expert

Re: Stream App works on iPhone but not on iPad’s.... no TV menu or latest purchases.


NelsoniteCO wrote:

The problem persists no matter what wireless network I’m on, or how many devices I have connected to said wireless network. Are you suggesting I can only download my purchases if I have one device connected and it needs to be connected to my home wireless network? I’m at a hotel in Tampa right now (I live in Denver) and I can download via the Stream app on my iPhone just fine. No such luck on either of my iPads.....


I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: Stream App works on iPhone but not on iPad’s.... no TV menu or latest purchases.

Hi Matt

 

I can try to help with this via private message (as it may require exchange of some account info). 

 

LHC




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Stream App works on iPhone but not on iPad’s.... no TV menu or latest purchases.

Thanks LHC. How do I get in touch with you?

Service Expert

Re: Stream App works on iPhone but not on iPad’s.... no TV menu or latest purchases.


NelsoniteCO wrote:

Thanks LHC. How do I get in touch with you?


you may have accidentally marked this as solved. If so, uncheck the solved box on the answer. did you message the official employee (red letter username)?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: Stream App works on iPhone but not on iPad’s.... no TV menu or latest purchases.

I sent you a private message. Click the envelope at the top right of the forums screen.




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Stream App works on iPhone but not on iPad’s.... no TV menu or latest purchases.

I can download the XFINITY APPS on my ipad & iphone, but can not find them to download on my macbook pro.  Where are they and how can I download them??

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Stream App works on iPhone but not on iPad’s.... no TV menu or latest purchases.


uggetnay1 wrote:

I can download the XFINITY APPS on my ipad & iphone, but can not find them to download on my macbook pro.  Where are they and how can I download them??


App is for ios and andriod mobile devices only, use stream web site on pc's

 

https://tv.xfinity.com

New Poster

Re: Stream App works on iPhone but not on iPad’s.... no TV menu or latest purchases.

I am having the same issue. I can not pull up anything on my I pad but will show on my iPhone . I have deleted and reinstalled. Be vet interested to know how they fixed your problem.

Service Expert

Re: Stream App works on iPhone but not on iPad’s.... no TV menu or latest purchases.


Buckley6377 wrote:

I am having the same issue. I can not pull up anything on my I pad but will show on my iPhone . I have deleted and reinstalled. Be vet interested to know how they fixed your problem.


did you have to log back in on your iPad? do you have the option to watch live TV? TVgo channels? your recordings? on-demand? are you located in your home and connected to your own home's wifi?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 785 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation