Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,761,752

members

54

online now

1,917,628

discussions

Back to Top

Starz streaming app

New Poster

Starz streaming app

Why do comcast employees keep locking every topic complaint about your customers not being able to log in to the Starz streaming app, because Comcast/Xfinity has chosen to be removed from the listed providers?

You keep marking these topics as "Solved". IT IS NOT SOLVED!

We know that it can be viewed on the xfinity streaming app. We don't want to use the inferior Xfinity streaming app. The Xfinity tv streaming app is useless to paying customers who travel for work, since we can't connect to our home wifi while away, which is the only way you can use that useless app.

This is complete b.s. and you are strong-arming your customers into a viewing model we do not agree with or want to pay for. Fix it or you will lose yet another customer to your greedy, big-brother control antics!
Problem Solver

Re: Starz streaming app


-NiNE- wrote:
Why do comcast employees keep locking every topic complaint about your customers not being able to log in to the Starz streaming app, because Comcast/Xfinity has chosen to be removed from the listed providers?

You keep marking these topics as "Solved". IT IS NOT SOLVED!

We know that it can be viewed on the xfinity streaming app. We don't want to use the inferior Xfinity streaming app. The Xfinity tv streaming app is useless to paying customers who travel for work, since we can't connect to our home wifi while away, which is the only way you can use that useless app.

This is complete b.s. and you are strong-arming your customers into a viewing model we do not agree with or want to pay for. Fix it or you will lose yet another customer to your greedy, big-brother control antics!

There are 11 starz TV Go channels that you can watch while away from home and off your home network

Service Expert

Re: Starz streaming app

adding... the stream app will allow you to download some starz programs for viewing anywhere, even if no internet service is available.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Starz streaming app

I tried downloading programs from the Xfinity app at the airport last week, in the designated Xfinity wifi area, where it advertises downloading your programs before flight. It wouldn't let me download anything at all. I spent the remainder of my time at the gate talking to Xfinity support trying to fix it. All he kept telling me was, "well, you could download them before you leave your home...". I don't want to have to download everything I might possibly need before I leave on a trip.
New Poster

Re: Starz streaming app

How do I do this? Please tell me.
Problem Solver

Re: Starz streaming app


-NiNE- wrote:
I tried downloading programs from the Xfinity app at the airport last week, in the designated Xfinity wifi area, where it advertises downloading your programs before flight. It wouldn't let me download anything at all. I spent the remainder of my time at the gate talking to Xfinity support trying to fix it. All he kept telling me was, "well, you could download them before you leave your home...". I don't want to have to download everything I might possibly need before I leave on a trip.

Yes, downloading is not that reliable. As long as you remain in the USA, you can watch Starz on one of the 11 Starz TV Go channels.

Service Expert

Re: Starz streaming app


-NiNE- wrote:
How do I do this? Please tell me.

you can download recordings that have finished recording as well as a lot of the on-demand programs.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: Starz streaming app


-NiNE- wrote:
How do I do this? Please tell me.

How do you do what?

New Poster

Re: Starz streaming app

I want to stream, I don't want to dwnload. That is the issue I have. I know how to download programs (when the app decides to work).
New Poster

Re: Starz streaming app

Where and how do I access these 11 Starz go channels? Am I able to stream and cast them?
Problem Solver

Re: Starz streaming app


-NiNE- wrote:
Where and how do I access these 11 Starz go channels? Am I able to stream and cast them?

In app select TV Go Channels (under Live TV menu), find starz channels you want to watch.

 

Casting is block from mobile devices by comcast. Only able to mirror display to tv using PC and website.

New Poster

Re: Starz streaming app

I concur completely with what you have said, -NiNE- ... particularly the last paragraph.  My wife and I are completely fed up with this totally ridiculous situation ... and with Comcast/Xfinity! 👎🏻👎🏻

 

New Poster

Re: Starz streaming app

I have a Roku player and xfinity has essentially blocked my ability to stream Starz which we pay money to have. I have looked at what is available on Starz and what they offer through on demand and we are limited down a lot. It seems to me they are withholding content that we pay for, and that would seem like maybe we have grounds for a class action.

Service Expert

Re: Starz streaming app


DOAmaker wrote:

I have a Roku player and xfinity has essentially blocked my ability to stream Starz which we pay money to have. I have looked at what is available on Starz and what they offer through on demand and we are limited down a lot. It seems to me they are withholding content that we pay for, and that would seem like maybe we have grounds for a class action.


Starz content including on-demand is included in the stream app. Do you have Starz on your home DVR but the channels do not show up on your Roku?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Starz streaming app

Why am I paying for a premium channel that I cannot enjoy completely? Comcast is the only provider not listed. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Starz streaming app

The Xfinity app on the Roku isn't a good answer in that it's cumbersome to navigate and will require a fee at some point.