Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Starz movies won't download to TV app on Gen 3 iPad

Frequent Visitor

Starz movies won't download to TV app on Gen 3 iPad

I don't seem to be able to completely download a movie from Starz with TV app on my Gen 3 iPad.  I can download movies from Showtime and HBO, but I get to about 65% with Starz movies and it decides to start over.  I've double checked and, yes, I do have access to Starz (I'm watching it right now).  Kind of frustrating as I'm going on a trip and there are a couple of movies that I would have liked to download.

Anybody seen anything like this?

Service Expert

Re: Starz movies won't download to TV app on Gen 3 iPad

paulmatlin wrote:

I don't seem to be able to completely download a movie from Starz with TV app on my Gen 3 iPad.  I can download movies from Showtime and HBO, but I get to about 65% with Starz movies and it decides to start over.  I've double checked and, yes, I do have access to Starz (I'm watching it right now).  Kind of frustrating as I'm going on a trip and there are a couple of movies that I would have liked to download.

Anybody seen anything like this?

Red-letter comcast employees stated on other threads that Apple has a fix that will be in iOS 10.2 -- it isn't conmast's fault. 10.2 is on public beta if you wish to try it out. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info.  I did a search in the forums, but didn't see anything.  Unfortunately, the Gen 3 iPad won't upgrade past iOS 9, so upgrades to 10.x won't do me much good.  I've got a few other apps that are in a similar situation, though it is interesting that this apparently only affects Starz and not HBO or Showtime.  It may be time to get a new iPad, though the old one still works rather well.

Again, thanks.

Paul

Service Expert

paulmatlin wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I did a search in the forums, but didn't see anything.  Unfortunately, the Gen 3 iPad won't upgrade past iOS 9, so upgrades to 10.x won't do me much good.  I've got a few other apps that are in a similar situation, though it is interesting that this apparently only affects Starz and not HBO or Showtime.  It may be time to get a new iPad, though the old one still works rather well.

Again, thanks.

Paul

http://ios10guide.com/ios-10-compatibility-which-devices-support-ios-10/ says 3rd generation will update to iOS 10 now.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation