Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,805,474

members

52

online now

1,951,915

discussions

Top

Sony Smart TVs

Frequent Visitor

Sony Smart TVs

Since the Sony TV's have an Android OS, will the Xfinity App work on the TV?

Service Expert

Re: Sony Smart TVs


Network_Guy wrote:

Since the Sony TV's have an Android OS, will the Xfinity App work on the TV?


no plans announced. If you have a regular browser you can try the regular https://tv.xfinity.com/ and please reply with results.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Sony Smart TVs


Rustyben wrote:

Network_Guy wrote:

Since the Sony TV's have an Android OS, will the Xfinity App work on the TV?


no plans announced. If you have a regular browser you can try the regular https://tv.xfinity.com/ and please reply with results.


It says "Not valid for your system".

Service Expert

Re: Sony Smart TVs


Network_Guy wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Network_Guy wrote:

Since the Sony TV's have an Android OS, will the Xfinity App work on the TV?


no plans announced. If you have a regular browser you can try the regular https://tv.xfinity.com/ and please reply with results.


It says "Not valid for your system".


is there an app store? if so look for xfinity TV app. Does the TV also have the Roku system too?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Sony Smart TVs


Rustyben wrote:

Network_Guy wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Network_Guy wrote:

Since the Sony TV's have an Android OS, will the Xfinity App work on the TV?


no plans announced. If you have a regular browser you can try the regular https://tv.xfinity.com/ and please reply with results.


It says "Not valid for your system".


is there an app store? if so look for xfinity TV app. Does the TV also have the Roku system too?


Unfortunately, it is not in the app store. I could add a Roku, but I was trying to use the Smart TV without any boxes.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1460 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation