New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Someone pirating my comcast through the app

ANSWERED
New Poster

Someone pirating my comcast through the app

I have discovered that someone is pirating my Comcast through the app as I have discovered recently watched shows that I didn't watch. I also saw a strange device on my device list. I changed my password but I am still seeing strange shows show up still but no devices when I check. Not sure what else to do. Maybe change my wifi and Comcast email? It's super disconcerting. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Someone pirating my comcast through the app

Alisea wrote:

I also tried calling security services and they said there was nothing they can do unless the person was actively using the app but I don't know how to "babysit" the app to see when the person starts using it.

You should be all set now. I was able to find your account and removed all active devices that were using the app or online portal.  You will need to sign in again (which will also prevent the unwanted guest from getting back in, assuming they don't have your new login information).  There was a device named "Maliks phone" which was the only one that seemed out of place (without your name associated to it).

For future reference (and for anyone else with similar issues), this should be able to be fixed by calling customer service and getting to Tier 2 or higher. There is an internal tool called "X-Ray" that allows devices to be "deprovisioned" from the account. This doesn't happen automatically when passwords are changed which is why the unwanted user still had access.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Alisea wrote:

I have discovered that someone is pirating my Comcast through the app as I have discovered recently watched shows that I didn't watch. I also saw a strange device on my device list. I changed my password but I am still seeing strange shows show up still but no devices when I check. Not sure what else to do. Maybe change my wifi and Comcast email? It's super disconcerting. 

I'm sorry you're having trouble.  When I attempt to look up you account with the email address you used to register on the forums, I get no results for devices using the XFINITY TV app/portal.  Where are you seeing this list of recently watched shows?  In the app, website, or on your television?  Are you using a different account, perhaps?

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Well I am seeing the shows in my Recently Watched, but they are not listed as "in-home" and no one in my household watches these shows, so I assumed it was done through the app.  There was someone using my login and password on an app device that I discovered a couple weeks ago, so I changed my password and the device doesn't show up anymore.  However these random "recently watched" are still showing up with shows that aired this week when I load the app on my other devices - so someone is watching on demand through my login some how.  I did change my username and removed my mobile number from my account so we will see if that solves the problem.  But unsure, if recently watched shows more shows, how to track down where these shows are being watched.  

New Poster

I also tried calling security services and they said there was nothing they can do unless the person was actively using the app but I don't know how to "babysit" the app to see when the person starts using it.

Official Employee

Alisea wrote:

You should be all set now. I was able to find your account and removed all active devices that were using the app or online portal.  You will need to sign in again (which will also prevent the unwanted guest from getting back in, assuming they don't have your new login information).  There was a device named "Maliks phone" which was the only one that seemed out of place (without your name associated to it).

For future reference (and for anyone else with similar issues), this should be able to be fixed by calling customer service and getting to Tier 2 or higher. There is an internal tool called "X-Ray" that allows devices to be "deprovisioned" from the account. This doesn't happen automatically when passwords are changed which is why the unwanted user still had access.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Malik's phone is my son's phone. The one that was not allowed was "Angela's Fire" ...she was streaming as late as last night. but I'll keep an eye on it and see if it comes on. It appears there is a bug with the app that doesn't force a user to log back in when the password is changed. That would be an easy way to fix this issue.
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation