Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Share App

New Poster

Share App

I have been contacted by Xfinity to update or download the Share App or it will be gone by April 1st.  What is it, didn't know I had it and what if I don't download it.

Gold Problem Solver
Official Employee

Re: Share App

Jaguar1255 wrote:

I have been contacted by Xfinity to update or download the Share App or it will be gone by April 1st.  What is it, didn't know I had it and what if I don't download it.

There is an app called "XFINITY Share" that will be decommissioned soon. It was likely used at some point my someone in your household (the emails are targeted to former users of the app). There is a new app (with some different functionality) called "X1 Photos" that is taking its place (allows you to stream photos to your X1 TV).

The only reason you would need to download or upgrade the soon-to-be decommissioned Share app is that it allowed customers to upload photos and videos they wanted to appear on their X1 set-top boxes. We just don't want users to lose personal content they may care about. If this doesn't apply to you, you can safely ignore the email.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation