Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Server Error :: 8001

New Poster

Server Error :: 8001

When I try to watch shows in my Xfinity TV app I get "Server Error :: 8001 We're sorry, but we're not able to access this video stream. Please try another channel or program".  I have tried different programs and get the same message.  I am using the app on my Samsung Galaxy S5.  I've tried it both at home and away from home.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still get the error message.  Any suggestions? 

Official Employee

Re: Server Error :: 8001

cnovak10 wrote:

When I try to watch shows in my Xfinity TV app I get "Server Error :: 8001 We're sorry, but we're not able to access this video stream. Please try another channel or program".  I have tried different programs and get the same message.  I am using the app on my Samsung Galaxy S5.  I've tried it both at home and away from home.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still get the error message.  Any suggestions? 

Sorry you are having trouble. I removed the 2 mobile devices on your account and ran a "refresh" which may help clean up any issues. Can you try again?

I see a couple laptops which are signed in as well. Are those experiencing the same issue?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I tried using the app on my phone again, and I am still getting the same error.  When I tried watching from my laptop, I get a different error "This video cannot be played.  We've run into a prolem while streaming.  Error 102100.5: Loading of the specified resource has failed".

New Poster

I am having the same issue. I only have a Samsung tablet connected.  I have deleted lots of my saved shows thinking it may be a nit overloaded.  I have deleted cached data on my tablet in case it was a space issue.  Help please. 

Tags (1)
New Poster

I'm also getting this error can you assist me too?

New Poster

I am experiencing the same issues with the xfinity TV app on my Samsung J7. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
New Poster

I am having the same issue as well, no matter what video that I try, it still gives me the same message.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a couple of times and even restarted my tablet.  Need some suggestions on what I need to do to try to get this working.

New Poster

deleting the app and reinstalling it does not work. also several employees have removed programs and devices but it does not work. this problem has been going on since early February for too many people. It is a server problem on xfinity side. The reason I know this is because I can close the app and go back to it 45 min to 3hrs later and I can access the recorded program. it is an i termittent server issue that needs to be escalated and fixed please
Regular Contributor

agreed - Streaming any recorded show on my laptop returns error - 102100.43 - what is happening?

New Poster

All incoming and outgoing calls ate cut off after one ring or immediately after i answer it. "Server error" is the culprit. All functions of my phone but phone calls work.
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation