Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Samsung Note 8 Stream App. Won't Download

Frequent Visitor

Samsung Note 8 Stream App. Won't Download

Does anyone have a working  xfinity stream app. with the Samsung note 8 (7.1.1 nougat)?  I had the Samsung S8+ and the stream app. was working just fine in terms of downloaded shows off my DVR.   Now, everytime I go to download a show the download takes forever and goes back to 0% and restarts and finally fails after about 15 mins.  Please Help!!!! I am very happy with the Stream app. and works correctly on all my other android devices in my home. 

Expert

Re: Samsung Note 8 Stream App. Won't Download

raymondkavlick wrote:

Does anyone have a working  xfinity stream app. with the Samsung note 8 (7.1.1 nougat)?  I had the Samsung S8+ and the stream app. was working just fine in terms of downloaded shows off my DVR.   Now, everytime I go to download a show the download takes forever and goes back to 0% and restarts and finally fails after about 15 mins.  Please Help!!!! I am very happy with the Stream app. and works correctly on all my other android devices in my home. 

have you logged out of the app, deleted the app, power cycled the phone, reinstalled and logged into the app and that did not fix it? if not, can you play back the full recording on desk/laptop computer ar any smart device (your phone for example) successfully? trying to determine if you are having a problem with the particular cloud DVR server that is assigned to your account

Frequent Visitor

I have uninstalled the app. several times, deleted cache, did a factory reset on my phone.  Nothing works on the Samsung Note 8. However, on my Samsung S8 phone and my tablet (Kindle fire)  the recordings will download fine.

Frequent Visitor

The next thing I was going to try was to install nougat V.7.0 on my Note8 which is the android version that works on the S8+.  Would that fix my issue? Any insight appreciated.

Expert

raymondkavlick wrote:

The next thing I was going to try was to install nougat V.7.0 on my Note8 which is the android version that works on the S8+.  Would that fix my issue? Any insight appreciated.

one person did the process and it began working. cleared data too. try the procedure listed by this customer.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Stream-tv-app-storage-full/m-p/3038024/highlight/true#M12...

Frequent Visitor

Tried a few different recordings I had, all have the same result below.

tested on my kindle fire HD 8. Lollipop 5.0 android

-can 'Watch' the recorded content on my wifi and it streams
-can 'Download' the recorded content and watch it when off the network (~1-2 minute download time)

tested on my Samsung S8 7.0 Nougat

-can 'Download' the recorded content and watch it when off the network(~1-2 minute download time)

Followed the instructions in your post, then tried again on my Samsung Note 8 (7.1.1 nougat)
Same result.

-attempted to 'Download' to my device. It starts a percentage bar that goes very slow and after about 10 minutes was at 10%. After 30 minutes, I saw it go from 85% back to 0% on its own.
-5 minutes later its back at 10%.

Keep in mind these are all about 1 hour shows that work fine on other devices.

What else can I try? If I buy an SD card will it do anything? Do I need to go back to AT&T and get my old phone back? I know it works with my old phone.

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I thought I would add that last night I tried a factory reset and the issue still exists.

Official Employee

Hello raymondkavlick, I can assist you with getting your download issue resolved. Can you please send me a private message with your full address, account number, username and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"?

Official Employee

You're welcome, thank you for testing for me. Since this problem only occurs on your note 8, I can have our app department test with one of the Note 8 devices that we have here to try and duplicate your issue. Can you please tell me what operating system you currently have on your Note 8, is it the 7.1.1 nougat?  Also can you please share the version of the app that you have installed on your device? You can find this by going to the app and clicking on settings and then scroll down to the bottom of the screen. 

Frequent Visitor

Official Employee

Thank you for that information, I will update you with our findings once testing is completed. Have a good evening.