Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Roku xfinity stream beta (Error DRM.-3)

ANSWERED
New Poster

Re: Roku xfinity stream beta (Error DRM.-3)

New to this so bare with me. I have a TLC ROKU TV and as of today 02/14/2018 am still receiving the drum-3 error 3 out of 5 times I try NBC. Getting the error on the other channels also. If I wait 15 seconds between the time I select the channel and "watch" button It seems to work better but not much. Any update on when this problem will be fixed?

Thank you for your perseverance and patience.

New Poster

Comcast is aware of the issue; a new build for Roku is due out, ETA unknown.

New Poster

This has been painful during the Olympics. Please fix this.  Reported two years ago on this forum!

Official Employee

Hello all, 

If you're still having these issues, please send me a private message so I can troubleshoot on the back end and refer to the Stream team as necessary. Thanks. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I still get this. Let me know how I can help troubleshoot. I have an integrated roku on a TCL tv
New Poster

Just a bit more info on my end. When I do get this error, which is approx 40% of the time, I get around it by simply trying again several times...sometimes just switching channels. I don't reinstall, reboot, etc... just retry. Every so often I get it while watching tv for a bit.
New Poster

I just signed up for xfinity last week. I have a roku tv that has no problems streaming anything, except this channel. Every channel I click on gives me the error. I can get a something to come up maybe 1 out of 100 times. Since roku is built into the TV I can only unplug it and delete the app and try over and over. Needs to be fixed soon.
Service Expert

@Nbifulco1 wrote:
I just signed up for xfinity last week. I have a roku tv that has no problems streaming anything, except this channel. Every channel I click on gives me the error. I can get a something to come up maybe 1 out of 100 times. Since roku is built into the TV I can only unplug it and delete the app and try over and over. Needs to be fixed soon.

Please see the post 3 above your post and send the private message to the official employee as directed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

This has been going on for over a year now. When is Comcast going to get their act together and get this app working correctly and out of beta? Ridiculous that the app constantly stops like one minute before the end of shows and crashes like this. Fix it or let us cast from the WORKING iOS app which you block.
Frequent Visitor

This is a public message to:
ComcastKenF

I am trying to respond to your 02-17-2018 request to send you a "private message" about this Roku Xfinity Stream Beta issue.  However, I can't figure out how to do this.  All the "help" pages I have been able to find say... "do step 1" and you will see such and such. I do "step 1" and I never see anything like what is described. Thus, I have no way of taking the remaining steps to send you a private message. If you see this post, I assume you, or someone in your office, can obtain my Comcast-issued customer  e-mail address or my home telephone number. If you contact me in one of those two ways, I can either send you / explain to you, my information about this issue.  Thanks in advance for your response.

Frequent Visitor

This is a second public message to:
ComcastKenF

You can ignore my first public message to you.  For some strange reason, I can now send you a private message, and I did so a few minutes ago. It contains a description of the issues I have been having regarding this Roku - Xfinity Streaming app problem. Contacting me via e-mail or telephone is the fastest way to reach me if you need further information. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Official Employee

GDP62, I got your private message and will respond to you there. 

clearsky, you have to post publicly before you can send a private message. I do not work Mondays which is why I did not respond until now. 

I will follow up with you there as well. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm new to this forum.  Xfinity Instant TV has worked okay with some hiccups -- as expected from a Beta app -- but yesterday the app on both of my Roku boxes did not recognize my network as "Xfinity Wi-Fi" with an error code of create DrmSession.403-102). Tried modem reset, all unplugging and reboots and calling Comcast -- they were polite, but essentially said they were not really familar with the new beta app.  All other apps on Roku are fine.  Anyone have ideas?  Thanks.

Service Expert

@jfwilkin wrote:

I'm new to this forum.  Xfinity Instant TV has worked okay with some hiccups -- as expected from a Beta app -- but yesterday the app on both of my Roku boxes did not recognize my network as "Xfinity Wi-Fi" with an error code of create DrmSession.403-102). Tried modem reset, all unplugging and reboots and calling Comcast -- they were polite, but essentially said they were not really familar with the new beta app.  All other apps on Roku are fine.  Anyone have ideas?  Thanks.

is your Roku at home and connected via wifi or ethernet to your home's wifi SSID (not xfinity wifi)? on the Xfinity My Account app, select the internet tab and verify the serial number shown there matches the modem you have in use.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I receive this error code almost every 5 seconds. Nothing worked. I had to stream the super bowl online to even be able to watch it. It makes tv unwatchable and completely defeats the purpose having Xfinity Stream. I am so close to ending my relationship with Xfinity altogether, but I have no other options where I live. Please fix this issue. The posts in this thread are almost a year old and nothing has improved. 

New Poster

Re: Roku xfinity stream beta (Error: Create DRMSession.403-102)

Thanks.  Yes -- I had checked that and just did so again.  Comcast app shows no problems with modem and internet.  I noticed that this issue was mentioned by a number of users last fall, but with no resolution other than it disappeared after awhile.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Roku xfinity stream beta (Error: Create DRMSession.403-102)

Stumbled across this forum while experiencing same DRM-3 errors with Roku Ultra on LG OLED TV. None of the power down/uninstall/re-install/power up "solutions" worked. What did work was: Roku Home> settings> audio> audio mode> Stero (checked).  I've been able to replicate by changing audio mode to "auto (Dolby D+, DTS)" which makes the Xfinity app bomb immediately with DRM-3 error.
All other apps work fine with audio mode set at auto and my system is capable of better audio than stereo. Xfinity really needs to fix this app.

Hope this helps somebody...as always YRMV.

New Poster

Has this issue been resolved.

New Poster

I signed up for Xfinity stream today.  Almost immediately received the DCM.-3 error message.  It’s amazing how far back this thread goes and that Comcast/Xfinity still hasn’t resolved the matter.  It’s also weird that we have to post publicly before we can message ComcastKen.

Comcast, you have a month before my trial expires to figure this out or back to Hulu Live I go.

New Poster

I am only replying to this message, in order to PM that Comcast guy on here - but I am really upset about this.  It has been working perfectly UNTIL tonight - randomly!  All of a sudden I can no longer use the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku without the DRM -3 error - ANY channel.  I am really angry actually.  I am sorry we are all experiencing this issue - but if it is not settled quickly, I am ditching this service.  I can only watch a station - ANY station - for about 5 seconds (I can barely cound to 5) before the error occurs.

Service Expert

@mcampellone wrote:

I am only replying to this message, in order to PM that Comcast guy on here - but I am really upset about this.  It has been working perfectly UNTIL tonight - randomly!  All of a sudden I can no longer use the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku without the DRM -3 error - ANY channel.  I am really angry actually.  I am sorry we are all experiencing this issue - but if it is not settled quickly, I am ditching this service.  I can only watch a station - ANY station - for about 5 seconds (I can barely cound to 5) before the error occurs.

Never PM an Official Employee or Expert unless requested.  Sending an unsolicited PM is a violation of Forum Guidelines

When you send an unsolicited PM to an Official Employee requesting help or information you are keeping that OE from helping other customers that have responded to the OE's request and who have probably been waiting quite a while for help.  This is a public customer-to-customer forum and we ask that you post your problem in the open so that you can receive the maximum help possible as quickly as possible.

We thank you for your understanding.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

ridgetop's solution of changing the Roku audio mode to stereo did not work for me. I had to switch to stereo mode to synchronize the audio with the video image (the speaker's lips moving) on many of the Xfinity Stream TV channels. However, I still receive the DRM-3 error in stereo audio mode.

mcampellone's states she/he receives the DRM-3 error while watching a given station. This has never happened to me. I only receive the DRM-3 error when I try to change to another station, either using the "previously watched" function or the channel guide.

I'm providing this information so Comcast staff can be aware that the DRM-3 error seems to be impacting different users in different ways.

New Poster

Have the 400mb internet with Comcast so I signed up for just this streaming service as I dislike extra boxes. Was great first couple days, now DRM errors all the time on Roku.

Will be moving back to something else soon I guess if this has gone on for years.
New Poster

In you TV’s settings, disable HDMI CEC! This setting is suppose to allow control of other devices via the HDMI port on the TV. I was getting the error every couple of minutes and tried all the suggestions on this thread.

I disabled the HDMI CEC in my TV settings and haven’t had the error in days! Give it a shot.
New Poster

So some research. DRM errors are caused due to HDMI data copyright error.

Disable your TV’s HDMI CEC. This fixed the problem for me. Haven’t had an error in days! Still going!
New Poster

I found a way to get my TV working with the app. In settings I changed the formats from HD to all formats, at this point I was able to work around the error.  I hope this helps.  

Frequent Visitor

Disabling (turning off) my TV's "HDMI CEC" settings (referred to on my TV settings as as "synchronization") did not solve the DRM-3 error problem for me. After I disabled the HDMI CEC, I went through the entire recommended solution of sign out/uninstall app/disconnect Roku from everything/wait/ turn back on, reinstall app/ sign back in. I turned off my TV at the same time. After everything was running again, the DRM-3 error occurred on about the 15th time I changed channels.

My television doesn't have an "all formats" option, just a "use highest resolution available" option.

New Poster

Been having the DRM-3 error for some time now, I checked my CEC and it was already disabled, I did the opposite here and enabled it....crazy, I know....but, haven't had the error since...go figure.

Frequent Visitor

For the information of anyone reading this message thread...

There are 2 (that I know of) separate, but simultaneous, message threads on the "Xfinity Help & Support Forums" concerning this issue:

XFINITY Stream on Roku
(http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/XFINITY-Stream-on-Roku/td-p/2834869)

and

Roku xfinity stream beta (Error DRM.-3) (this one)
(http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Roku-xfinity-stream-beta-Error-DRM-3/td-p/2920261)

Frequent Visitor

As of the last week of April, I am no longer encountering this DRM-3 error. From what I can determine, in the third week of April, Comcast installed a new version, 2.4.7, of the Xfinity Stream application on the Roku platform. Also, from what I can determine, the applications on the Roku platform automatically install / update themselves. I didn't use the Xfinity Stream application that week, but when I started using it the last week of April, I noticed minor changes to the application's layout.  I checked the version number in the "settings" area, and saw it was version 2.4.7.  There is a post from January 22, 2018, on this thread stating the version (at that time) was 2.3, build 2.

My conclusion is the DRM-3 error issue is resolved in the 2.4.7 version (at least it's resolved for me).

Contributor

@clearsky wrote:

As of the last week of April, I am no longer encountering this DRM-3 error. From what I can determine, in the third week of April, Comcast installed a new version, 2.4.7, of the Xfinity Stream application on the Roku platform. Also, from what I can determine, the applications on the Roku platform automatically install / update themselves. I didn't use the Xfinity Stream application that week, but when I started using it the last week of April, I noticed minor changes to the application's layout.  I checked the version number in the "settings" area, and saw it was version 2.4.7.  There is a post from January 22, 2018, on this thread stating the version (at that time) was 2.3, build 2.

My conclusion is the DRM-3 error issue is resolved in the 2.4.7 version (at least it's resolved for me).

Clearsky,

This is good news! I am glad to hear development is moving along. We really liked the idea of XFinity Stream, and want to come back when we know significant strides have been made. By your observations and feedback, it sounds like we are on that path.

Now, I would love to hear some info about the Stream app being available for Amazon Fire TV!

Thank you again for the update! I will continue to monitor these forums for more info.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats