Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Roku xfinity stream beta (Error DRM.-3)

ANSWERED
New Poster

Re: Roku xfinity stream beta (Error DRM.-3)

I think I found the fix for it... I do not usually post to forms I just read off them, however after reading everyone's posts having the same problem as me and I seem to have figured out the problem decided to share with all of you .. so after uninstalling the app and reinstalling it turning off the Roku and turning it back on( this did nothing by the way) I noticed on the back of the Roku there is a very small hole on it that says reset ,in which you need a paperclip to access the button .. I bent a paperclip in a straight position and used it to press the reset button holding it down for 3 to 5 seconds . After this the Roku failed to turn on and it said unsupported format on my TV I then unplugged the Roku and plugged it back in and everything seems to be working fine after that ... hope this works for everyone.. this has been a pain in the butt!!
New Poster

How do you uninstall the app and reinstall it
Contributor

Enash69 wrote:
How do you uninstall the app and reinstall it

Highlight the app in your Roku menu, use the * button to pull the app menu up, and choose remove/uninstall (whatever it says, I am not in front of mine right now). After uninstalling the app, power the system off, wait about 60 seconds, and power it back on. Then you can reinstall the app, and re-register it with your XFinity account.

Hope that helps.

Contributor

After several weeks of no DRM-3 issues on our Roku Ultimate, the errors started again this last weekend, 12/2/2017. They had gone away for several weeks after I power cycled my device, and unplugged/replugged the HDMI cable on my Roku.

I normally just power off my Roku, unplug/replug the HDMI cable, then boot back up and the DRM-3 errors go away for a while. This last weekend however, the power cycle and HDMI unplug/replug did not fix my issue. I tried pulling the power and disconnecting the HDMI cable three separate times, but I would still get DRM-3 errors after about 6 minutes while watching Discovery Channel (was trying to watch Season 5, episode 3 of Bering Sea Gold).

This morning I uninstalled the Xfinity Steam Beta app, powered off, pulled HDMI, then powered on, reinstalled the XFinity Steam Beta, and re-registered the device to my XFinity account. We will see if the problems are still there this evening.

Contributor

DKPeppard wrote:

This morning I uninstalled the Xfinity Steam Beta app, powered off, pulled HDMI, then powered on, reinstalled the XFinity Steam Beta, and re-registered the device to my XFinity account. We will see if the problems are still there this evening.

As an update, this seemed to work. We only watched streaming tv for about an hour last night (Bering Sea Gold where we left off at the previous DRM-3 error) with no problems.

We will continue to monitor.

New Poster

How do you uninstall the beta Xfinity app on the Roku. Could not figure that out
Service Expert

Rayellen63 wrote:
How do you uninstall the beta Xfinity app on the Roku. Could not figure that out

with a google search "roku how to remove an app" there are many listed results. one was this.. https://www.tomsguide.com/us/remove-channel-roku,news-18360.html

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Rayellen63 wrote:

Highlight the app, then hit the star ( * ) button on your Roku remote, then choose remote/uninstall.

Once you have removed the app, I suggest shutting the unit down, pull the power and HDMI cable for 60 seconds, then plug back in, power up, and reinstall the app.

Hope that helps.

New Poster

Didn’t work for me still saying this
87E5B209-B828-4D73-AEA4-EA8C59604375.jpeg
Contributor

DKPeppard wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

As an update, this seemed to work. We only watched streaming tv for about an hour last night (Bering Sea Gold where we left off at the previous DRM-3 error) with no problems.

Just under two weeks and the DRM-3 errors are back AGAIN! They started again last night only a few minutes into watching The First 48. This is starting to get out of hand, especially as paying customers of this service. We've been paying for this service for over two months now since it released.

The answer every time cannot be 'uninstall and reinstall' to get our device re-authenticated. That is an unacceptable solution this many times. Once I could see, but not every 1-2 weeks. There has to be something else to keep our devices in an authenticated database on Comcast's side so we don't have to do this every 1-2 weeks. My wife and I are getting so frustrated with this DRM-3 error situation.

Also, is there any progress on getting the Roku XFinity Stream app out of 'beta'? Hopefully the official app will be able to keep our Roku devices authenticated so these errors stop.

Service Expert

Giddens88 wrote:
Didn’t work for me still saying this

was this a temporary network problem that began working later?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

DKPeppard wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Just under two weeks and the DRM-3 errors are back AGAIN! They started again last night only a few minutes into watching The First 48. This is starting to get out of hand, especially as paying customers of this service. We've been paying for this service for over two months now since it released.

The answer every time cannot be 'uninstall and reinstall' to get our device re-authenticated. That is an unacceptable solution this many times. Once I could see, but not every 1-2 weeks. There has to be something else to keep our devices in an authenticated database on Comcast's side so we don't have to do this every 1-2 weeks. My wife and I are getting so frustrated with this DRM-3 error situation.

Also, is there any progress on getting the Roku XFinity Stream app out of 'beta'? Hopefully the official app will be able to keep our Roku devices authenticated so these errors stop.

The DRM-3 error is from teh app but not caused by Comcast. The app has to have a way (the error message you see) to communicated HDCP handshake issues where the devices (any) stop the HD video stream due to a perceived non-secure path. the device begins at the Comcast server providing the stream and ends at the TV displaying the stream. literally any device in between can cause the issue. to fix a DRM error, the Roku must disappear from the path so it can reset. That is why the complete power down and disconnect of the HDMI cable fixes the problem. Only an engineer can decide/determine if the app could recover in a different manner handled by the software or via hardware interface with the Roku device.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

The DRM-3 error is from teh app but not caused by Comcast. The app has to have a way (the error message you see) to communicated HDCP handshake issues where the devices (any) stop the HD video stream due to a perceived non-secure path. the device begins at the Comcast server providing the stream and ends at the TV displaying the stream. literally any device in between can cause the issue. to fix a DRM error, the Roku must disappear from the path so it can reset. That is why the complete power down and disconnect of the HDMI cable fixes the problem. Only an engineer can decide/determine if the app could recover in a different manner handled by the software or via hardware interface with the Roku device.

Thank you for the response.I understand the mechanics behind clearing the DRM-3 error and making the device 'disappear' so it then can re-authenticate. So then, what is the permenant fix? I don't have this issue with any other app other than the XFinity Stream app on Roku. Never one problem with Netflix, or Amazon, only Xfinity Stream. There has to be a permenant fix. I'm sure you can agree it is unacceptable having to uninstall and reinstall the app to clear the DRM-3 error. Simply powering off, unpluging the Roku and HDMI cable, then plugging back in and powering back on only works some of the time, not all. When it doesn't work is when we have to uninstall and reinstall.

I've now uninstalled and reinstalled around 7-8 times since this service came out on 9/4/2017. There is no way I want to keep uninstalling and reinstalling every 1.5-2 weeks indefinitely. Also, we have three Roku devices, and all three devices get this same error, so I highly doubt it is a Roku, HDMI cable, or TV problem. Again, this only happens with the XFinity Stream App on the Roku. Everything else on the Roku have worked flawlessly since day one.

Let me know if you have any other thoughts on this, please. It is driving us crazy.

Service Expert

re: DRM-3  ..

if the device is plugged directly into the TV it could be the TV or the Roku. if it is plugged into the receiver it can be the receiver, HDMI cable(s) or the TV.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

if the device is plugged directly into the TV it could be the TV or the Roku. if it is plugged into the receiver it can be the receiver, HDMI cable(s) or the TV.

Well again, we have three brand new Roku Ultimates on three different TVs, and the DRM-3 error happens on all three; many times at exactly the same time, so I cannot believe that is coincidence.

Also, I just received this information from ComcastElla regarding a response from the engineering team working on the Roku app. The info is in regards to the DRM-3 errors on Roku:

'Hi, David! This is what I got directly from the engineering team:

"Rebooting is the only workaround that we know of at the current point in time for this particular error.  DRM -3 is returned by the Roku player during playback and matches up with “Unknown Error”, which hasn’t helped much in the debugging.  We may add more logging in an upcoming release to see if it helps to identify a pattern or root cause. Some of the other errors in that same table do indicate an issue with the actual content - but Unknown Error doesn’t give us a lot to go off of".

Basically, at this point, we don't have enough information since the error message generates from the Roku device itself. Doesn't mean it's a Roku issue but it's definitely something that we need to work together in order to resolve it. My apologies for not providing a resolution but I want to be honest with you and provide an accurate info.'

I want to get this info shared with others so everyone knows what is going on, and what the engineering group is saying.

Hopefully, since one of the major selling points of XFinity Stream was the ability to use our Roku, the engineering team will find a resolution soon. We really enjoy using our Roku for XFinity Stream, and would love it if the app became available for Amazon Fire even more!

Service Expert

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Well again, we have three brand new Roku Ultimates on three different TVs, and the DRM-3 error happens on all three; many times at exactly the same time, so I cannot believe that is coincidence.

Also, I just received this information from ComcastElla regarding a response from the engineering team working on the Roku app. The info is in regards to the DRM-3 errors on Roku:

'Hi, David! This is what I got directly from the engineering team:

"Rebooting is the only workaround that we know of at the current point in time for this particular error.  DRM -3 is returned by the Roku player during playback and matches up with “Unknown Error”, which hasn’t helped much in the debugging.  We may add more logging in an upcoming release to see if it helps to identify a pattern or root cause. Some of the other errors in that same table do indicate an issue with the actual content - but Unknown Error doesn’t give us a lot to go off of".

Basically, at this point, we don't have enough information since the error message generates from the Roku device itself. Doesn't mean it's a Roku issue but it's definitely something that we need to work together in order to resolve it. My apologies for not providing a resolution but I want to be honest with you and provide an accurate info.'

I want to get this info shared with others so everyone knows what is going on, and what the engineering group is saying.

Hopefully, since one of the major selling points of XFinity Stream was the ability to use our Roku, the engineering team will find a resolution soon. We really enjoy using our Roku for XFinity Stream, and would love it if the app became available for Amazon Fire even more!

it is very possible that the app itself may not be recovering if a packet is dropped or a message is sent but lost. this would affect wireless or internet. no way to test this theory other than unplugging a modem/gateway while playing a video is in progress. If the box errors out when buffer is empty with DRm-3 that might prove the issue. I have not seen nor know of any code, only wondering if someone would test that a few times to see if the DRM-3 error is thrown/displayed.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Greetings;

My 2 Roku TV's have Ethernet ports, as well as my Roku Premiere and my Roku 3. The newer Roku boxes do not. I have 2 Roku TV's that experience the same issue (DRM-3). I'll again reach out to support and again request a credit like I do most months

DenverN wrote:

Almost none of the Roku models have an ethernet port. This is a Xfinity issue, not an internet speed issue.

Service Expert

SteverInAZ wrote:

Greetings;

My 2 Roku TV's have Ethernet ports, as well as my Roku Premiere and my Roku 3. The newer Roku boxes do not. I have 2 Roku TV's that experience the same issue (DRM-3). I'll again reach out to support and again request a credit like I do most months

DenverN wrote:

Almost none of the Roku models have an ethernet port. This is a Xfinity issue, not an internet speed issue. 

if the internet wireless speed was the problem your screen would blank and get the 3 rotating dots (buffering). DRM-3 is the app reporting the hardware has stopped the video due to a DRM HDCP handshake issue (aka violation). it isn't the app. unplug the roku device and remove from any HDMI connection for 30 seconds or more. plug back in and you should be good to go.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Thanks @Rustyben;

I've tested bandwidthwith the TV's- 100% signal and they alone are on my 5Ghz band. Recent speedtest shows me 230mD/12mU. It's a beta...Nighthawk 1900 router and we're rocking, just this on occasion. UGH!

Contributor

DRM-3 errors are back in force the last couple days. This was on Monday and Tueday of this week; 1/1/2018 and 1/2/2018.

Regardless if I power off our Roku and power back on, DRM-3 errors pop up almost instantly. XFinity was completely unwatchable due to instant DRM-3 errors on any channel we tried.

Another new phenomenon is almost all our 'For You' recently watched items are missing the thumbnail. They are just grey squares. Rebooting, or full power off of the Roku does not fix the issue. I even logged into our computer and checked via a web browser and the same grey squares are there on the same 'recently played' items.

I checked again last night, 1/3/2018, and the thumbnails were back, both on the web page and on Roku. We were also able to watch about 40 minutes on our ROKU with no DRM-3 errors. What changed?

Again I will say, especially since the DRM-3 errors do not go away 100% of the time with a power cycle, I really feel there is something more with the XFinity Stream app on Roku contributing to the DRM-3 errors. This really needs to be figured out immediately, especially since we are 4+ months into this new service we are paying for.

Service Expert

DKPeppard wrote:

DRM-3 errors are back in force the last couple days. This was on Monday and Tueday of this week; 1/1/2018 and 1/2/2018.

Regardless if I power off our Roku and power back on, DRM-3 errors pop up almost instantly. XFinity was completely unwatchable due to instant DRM-3 errors on any channel we tried.

Another new phenomenon is almost all our 'For You' recently watched items are missing the thumbnail. They are just grey squares. Rebooting, or full power off of the Roku does not fix the issue. I even logged into our computer and checked via a web browser and the same grey squares are there on the same 'recently played' items.

I checked again last night, 1/3/2018, and the thumbnails were back, both on the web page and on Roku. We were also able to watch about 40 minutes on our ROKU with no DRM-3 errors. What changed?

Again I will say, especially since the DRM-3 errors do not go away 100% of the time with a power cycle, I really feel there is something more with the XFinity Stream app on Roku contributing to the DRM-3 errors. This really needs to be figured out immediately, especially since we are 4+ months into this new service we are paying for.

the DRM-3 is the app letting you know the hardware is shutting down the stream due to hardware DHCP handshake failure on the HDMI path. to 'reset' the Roku has to leave the circuits of the TV (HDMI cables included). depending on your hookup at a minimum exit from the app to the roku menu then unplug the power to the roku and unplug the device from where it is attached, wait 30 seconds or more and then plug back in. The app doesn't cause the error, it is reporting the shutdown of the encrypted data video stream. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

the DRM-3 is the app letting you know the hardware is shutting down the stream due to hardware DHCP handshake failure on the HDMI path. to 'reset' the Roku has to leave the circuits of the TV (HDMI cables included). depending on your hookup at a minimum exit from the app to the roku menu then unplug the power to the roku and unplug the device from where it is attached, wait 30 seconds or more and then plug back in. The app doesn't cause the error, it is reporting the shutdown of the encrypted data video stream. 

Rustyben,

Thank you for the reply. While I appreciate your thoughts on what is happening when DRM-3 errors occur, here is what I am having a hard time understanding:

You state 'the DRM-3 is the app letting you know the hardware is shutting down the stream due to hardware DHCP handshake failure on the HDMI path.' That is fine, but if that is the case, it is ONLY happening with the XFinity Stream TV app on our equipment. From day one, and via several other pervious devices, we have NEVER had any DRM-3, or any other communication errors, on our streaming devices, Roku or otherwise. Nothing on Nextflix, Amazon Prime, Crackle, Vudu, YouTube, none at all! Nothing on a free movie, or a paid movie or show. Zero errors ever.

Even when using the Discovery GO app, AMC app, or History app, we NEVER have any DRM-3 errors. This ONLY happens with the XFinity Stream TV app on Roku. So, you can see why I have a hard time believing it is a 'hardware' issue and not a problem with the XFinity Stream app.

And, my statement you previously quoted clearly states we even did the typical 'unplug the power/replug the power' and we still could not clear the DRM-3 errors on 1/1/2018 or 1/2/2018, yet we watched shows on Amazon Prime those nights on the same Roku with zero issues.

Again, I will say this really seems to be a problem initiated by the XFinity Stream app on Roku, not the hardware itself. Perhaps the XFinity software has a memory leak, or some other programming defect, and the app 'crashes', causing the DRM-3 to occur? I am only speculating, but the facts definitily point to the XFinity app, at least in my case.

Service Expert

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben,

Thank you for the reply. While I appreciate your thoughts on what is happening when DRM-3 errors occur, here is what I am having a hard time understanding:

You state 'the DRM-3 is the app letting you know the hardware is shutting down the stream due to hardware DHCP handshake failure on the HDMI path.' That is fine, but if that is the case, it is ONLY happening with the XFinity Stream TV app on our equipment. From day one, and via several other pervious devices, we have NEVER had any DRM-3, or any other communication errors, on our streaming devices, Roku or otherwise. Nothing on Nextflix, Amazon Prime, Crackle, Vudu, YouTube, none at all! Nothing on a free movie, or a paid movie or show. Zero errors ever.

Even when using the Discovery GO app, AMC app, or History app, we NEVER have any DRM-3 errors. This ONLY happens with the XFinity Stream TV app on Roku. So, you can see why I have a hard time believing it is a 'hardware' issue and not a problem with the XFinity Stream app.

And, my statement you previously quoted clearly states we even did the typical 'unplug the power/replug the power' and we still could not clear the DRM-3 errors on 1/1/2018 or 1/2/2018, yet we watched shows on Amazon Prime those nights on the same Roku with zero issues.

Again, I will say this really seems to be a problem initiated by the Xfinity Stream app on Roku, not the hardware itself. Perhaps the Xfinity software has a memory leak, or some other programming defect, and the app 'crashes', causing the DRM-3 to occur? I am only speculating, but the facts definitely point to the Xfinity app, at least in my case.

If you log out of the app, uninstall it, remove the roku from power and any connection it has on HDMI for 30 seconds or more then plug it all back in and reinstall the app and log in the DRM-3 error will go away. If it continues to instantly come back swap out the HDMI cable first (easies) and if necessary change the HDMI port the device plugs into. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I haven't found a solution for this and it just happens randomly, but a dumb workaround I found if you really want to watch something in another room is to record the show on your DVR and then play it through the app in the other room.  

Service Expert

Trebek wrote:

I haven't found a solution for this and it just happens randomly, but a dumb workaround I found if you really want to watch something in another room is to record the show on your DVR and then play it through the app in the other room.  

agree. we can hope for a speedy appeal and ruling in Comcast's favor.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Change the audio to stereo and HDMI to PCM-stereo
Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben,

Again, I will say this really seems to be a problem initiated by the Xfinity Stream app on Roku, not the hardware itself. Perhaps the Xfinity software has a memory leak, or some other programming defect, and the app 'crashes', causing the DRM-3 to occur? I am only speculating, but the facts definitely point to the Xfinity app, at least in my case.

If you log out of the app, uninstall it, remove the roku from power and any connection it has on HDMI for 30 seconds or more then plug it all back in and reinstall the app and log in the DRM-3 error will go away. If it continues to instantly come back swap out the HDMI cable first (easies) and if necessary change the HDMI port the device plugs into. 

You clearly are not reading the details of each post I make, but again, I appreciate your attempts to help folks here. I've already changed out the HDMI cable, as well as done everything else here recommended, time and time again. I have even posted info from Comcast Admins themselves affirming DRM-3 problems from the Roku beta app. There is more going on here than just a hardware problem with people's Rokus, HDMI cables, and TV's HDMI ports.

In the meantime, I will keep hoping Comcast will get the Roku app out of beta ASAP so we Roku users can have a much more pleasant and stable experience than we are having now. I want to see the Roku app perform like the XFinity Stream Android app or XFinity Stream web player, or any other app such as Netflix, Discovery GO, or HBO Now. None of these other products have any issue, likely because they are not in beta.

Service Expert

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben,

You clearly are not reading the details of each post I make, but again, I appreciate your attempts to help folks here. I've already changed out the HDMI cable, as well as done everything else here recommended, time and time again. I have even posted info from Comcast Admins themselves affirming DRM-3 problems from the Roku beta app. There is more going on here than just a hardware problem with people's Rokus, HDMI cables, and TV's HDMI ports.

In the meantime, I will keep hoping Comcast will get the Roku app out of beta ASAP so we Roku users can have a much more pleasant and stable experience than we are having now. I want to see the Roku app perform like the XFinity Stream Android app or XFinity Stream web player, or any other app such as Netflix, Discovery GO, or HBO Now. None of these other products have any issue, likely because they are not in beta.

but did you follow the steps you replied to in the post? if that doesn't work you will need to contact your TV manufacturer for assistance in hardware. you could easily prove this if you can borrow a roku device or buy and return after testing.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben,

but did you follow the steps you replied to in the post? if that doesn't work you will need to contact your TV manufacturer for assistance in hardware. you could easily prove this if you can borrow a roku device or buy and return after testing.

Again, as I have posted before, this DRM-3 error happens on all three of our Roku Ultimate devices, on three separate TVs, so it is not a problem with our Rokus or TVs.

I have absolutely followed the steps you listed, and have thoroughly documented that I have done so in previous posts within this thread.

I really do appreciate the help you are trying to provide, but the problem is much bigger than just a faulty Roku/TV/HDMI cable.

Service Expert

DKPeppard, please check to see if your Ultra is a model 4640. what is the firmware update version/date of your Roku? what is the version of the stream app you are running? is the ultra connected directly to the TV? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard, please check to see if your Ultra is a model 4640. what is the firmware update version/date of your Roku? what is the version of the stream app you are running? is the ultra connected directly to the TV? 

Rustyben,

Here is the info you requested:

Xfinity stream TV app. Version 2.3 build 2. Checked 1/9/2018

Roku Ultra model 4640X, Software 8.0.1 build 4042-29. Up to date as of 1/9/2028

Roku is connected directly to TV via HDMI cable. I have even switched to a new HDMI cable and different HDMI port on the TV via various tests.

Let me know what else I can answer to help improve the XFinity Stream app and experience for us, and other customers.

Service Expert

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Rustyben,

Roku is connected directly to TV via HDMI cable. I have even switched to a new HDMI cable and different HDMI port on the TV via various tests.

Let me know what else I can answer to help improve the XFinity Stream app and experience for us, and other customers.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Rustyben,

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Administrator
Administrator

All,

We apologize for the inconvenience when using the Roku XFINITY Stream Beta app. The error you are discussing (Error DRM-3) is a known issue that we are working hard to resolve as soon as possible. As of right now, the only "work around" that we have at this point is for you to reboot your device (unplug it wait 30 sec. to 1 min.). We will be releasing updates in the future that should resolve this permanently. Again we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you!!!!

26166365_10212878401892135_4224355325873750922_n.jpg

Contributor

ComcastJessie wrote:

All,

We apologize for the inconvenience when using the Roku XFINITY Stream Beta app. The error you are discussing (Error DRM-3) is a known issue that we are working hard to resolve as soon as possible. As of right now, the only "work around" that we have at this point is for you to reboot your device (unplug it wait 30 sec. to 1 min.). We will be releasing updates in the future that should resolve this permanently. Again we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Many thanks for acknowledging our issue, and that you are working to get it resolved!

Have a great day!

Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Rustyben,

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Thanks, Rustyben.

New Poster

Thank goodness we're finally getting past the rinse, cycle, repeat answers. It's not the ROKU!

Although maybe I could have made a small fortune selling Xfinity customers a mechanical product that would unplug and remove and reinstall and plug back in Roku devices for endless minutes of DRM-3 uninterrupted entertainment with the Xfinity Beta App. With bonus added cleaning attachment for HDMI ports for the first 500 callers.

Talked to someone at Comcast the other day and explaiined several times that my internet works flawlessly and every other app on my Roku is trouble free EXCEPT the Xfinity App. Bought a brand new Streaming Stick+ last night to prove it wasn't the Roku - first attempt at watching and BOOM - DRM-3. SORRY!

Please fix the app. please, please, please...

Service Expert

pemarrs wrote:

Thank goodness we're finally getting past the rinse, cycle, repeat answers. It's not the ROKU!

Although maybe I could have made a small fortune selling Xfinity customers a mechanical product that would unplug and remove and reinstall and plug back in Roku devices for endless minutes of DRM-3 uninterrupted entertainment with the Xfinity Beta App. With bonus added cleaning attachment for HDMI ports for the first 500 callers.

Talked to someone at Comcast the other day and explaiined several times that my internet works flawlessly and every other app on my Roku is trouble free EXCEPT the Xfinity App. Bought a brand new Streaming Stick+ last night to prove it wasn't the Roku - first attempt at watching and BOOM - DRM-3. SORRY!

Please fix the app. please, please, please...

the first post in this thread has a 'best answer' from Comcast saying that they are working on the problem. the detach reboot method is a work around not a fix.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

DKPeppard wrote:

Well, I don't want to jinx anything, but we have not received any DRM-3 errors since our last bout on 1/1/2018 and 1/2/2018. Comcast is obviously working hard to fix these issues.

I'm not sure what Comcast is doing, but my XFinity beta app is still the same version, Version 2.3 build 2, so they much be doing things on the back end. Thank you Comcast for working on this issue for us!

New Poster

The problem exist it's a pain in the when you keep getting an error code I think the way to fix the problem switch to Verizon chat it today the guy never said nothing about that there's a problem with this so I wasted my time once again with Xfinity and this problem has been going on for over 6 months and you guys doing fixed it I knew I shoulda knew better go Xfinity
Contributor

@ wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Well, I don't want to jinx anything, but we have not received any DRM-3 errors since our last bout on 1/1/2018 and 1/2/2018. Comcast is obviously working hard to fix these issues.

I'm not sure what Comcast is doing, but my XFinity beta app is still the same version, Version 2.3 build 2, so they much be doing things on the back end. Thank you Comcast for working on this issue for us!

Well, I guess I did jinx it. DRM-3 errors today, 1/26/2018, every 15-45 minutes, regardless if I hard reset. 

Service Expert

wrote:

wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Well, I guess I did jinx it. DRM-3 errors today, 1/26/2018, every 15-45 minutes, regardless if I hard reset. 

did you logout and remove the app before removing the dongle from all cables for 30 seconds or more?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Highlighted
Contributor

@ wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

did you logout and remove the app before removing the dongle from all cables for 30 seconds or more?

No, because logging out and removing the app were not part of ComcastJessie's instructions on how to clear the problem. I am not sure what the 'dongle from all cables' means either. I assume you meant unplug the HDMI cable from the ROKU device.

However, after I posted, I watched for another 90 or so minutes and didn't have any more DRM-3 problems. I am currently done watching any shows again until this evening.

Frequent Visitor

Wow. I been looking for an ETA on the completion of the beta and full release of the app. Maybe this issue is the hold up. Cut the cord in Nov and been enjoying flawless app on 4 Roku’s since. Unaware of these errors. (Hope I don’t get any)
New Poster

I have followed all of the suggestions on the thread to no avail... however I am on a rokuTV and cannot disconnect roku from the TV itself.

These issues have been around since installing the app, usually would just appear on one or two channels. My quick fix was to click "OK" and reload the channel. This works after several times of getting the error, clicking ok, and reloading... then the live channel would load.

Now every channel is sending the DRM-3 error and my fix no longer works. After clicking OK a few times, the app actually crashses and send me back to the roku Home screen.

Please fix!

New Poster

Experiencing the same problem as @mbagwell04, tried all suggestions and still the dreaded DRM-3 error. Just started happening the beginning of the year, I have a Hitachi Roku TV. What else do you suggest we do?
New Poster

I was getting this error every 3- 5 min while watching tv. I unplugged my roku for 30 seconds but found this didn’t help. I started to record shows that I wanted to watch and then watched the recordings immediately. This seemed to work and I was glad I found a temporary solution before the Super Bowl last night. Hope you guys fix this error soon!
Official Employee

Hi @pemarrs, @mbagwell04, @heatfan4life, @BAcon27, and @barrett284

Are you all still receiving the DRM-3 error code? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Still having thee problem. closed the app on all other devices and rest, reinstalled. after a couple minutes of watching DRM-3 error.

New Poster

We recently started getting this error all the time.

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling and unplugging the streaming stick and removing it from the TV. No luck. I've tried this multiple, multiple times. The DRM-3 Error occurs mainly when viewing recorded TV. Every time I do this process and go back to the recording I was watching the DRM-3 Error screen comes up within 15 seconds and I've wasted 5 minutes doing the cycle.

The Streaming Stick is up to date with all firmware.

This errorr only occurs when using the xfinity stream beta app. Not the HDTV app, not Bravo, not the NBC Olympics stream, not Netflex. Just this Xfinity Stream Beta App. It is incredibly frustrating to pay for something that simply does not work as advertised. No other app has this problem. We even bought the Roku for this service because it's not available on Apple TV which we used to use to stream everything.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats