members

online now

discussions

Roku xfinity stream beta (Error DRM.-3)

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

Roku xfinity stream beta (Error DRM.-3)

We have Xfinity TV (two box's) as well as Internet. I downloaded the Roku xfinitystream beta and set it up and activated it. But no matter what we try to watch we get "Sorry!  Something went wrong. Please try again later. (Error  DRM.-3)"   This happens if we try to watch live TV or On Demand.  We can watch Xfinity stream on our Android phones then go to the Roku and it will ask if we want to "Resume" when we click on "Resume" we get the "Sorry!  Something went wrong. Please try again later. (Error  DRM.-3)"

I have tried to research the issue and come up with nothing. I have looked through all the Roku info on MyXFINITY and the Forums and can find nothing.

Accepted Solution

Re: Roku xfinity stream beta (Error DRM.-3)

All,

We apologize for the inconvenience when using the Roku XFINITY Stream Beta app. The error you are discussing (Error DRM-3) is a known issue that we are working hard to resolve as soon as possible. As of right now, the only "work around" that we have at this point is for you to reboot your device (unplug it wait 30 sec. to 1 min.). We will be releasing updates in the future that should resolve this permanently. Again we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. 

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Service Expert

songb3588 wrote:

We have Xfinity TV (two box's) as well as Internet. I downloaded the Roku xfinitystream beta and set it up and activated it. But no matter what we try to watch we get "Sorry!  Something went wrong. Please try again later. (Error  DRM.-3)"   This happens if we try to watch live TV or On Demand.  We can watch Xfinity stream on our Android phones then go to the Roku and it will ask if we want to "Resume" when we click on "Resume" we get the "Sorry!  Something went wrong. Please try again later. (Error  DRM.-3)"

I have tried to research the issue and come up with nothing. I have looked through all the Roku info on MyXFINITY and the Forums and can find nothing.

did you try watching the same channel in SD live? did it work? If you do not have a line on your bill (at the present time it is a limatation on the Roku Beta) for HD service $10/month then you can't resume an HD channel on the Roku. Let us know if that channel in SD does play on the Roku.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I just started getting this same error (DRM-3) tonight on my Roku tv. I've been using the beta app for a couple months with no issues. All of sudden I can't watch anything no matter if I try SD or HD.
What is this error code really?
New Poster

I found the fix. You have to uninstall the xfinitystream beta app and reinstall it. It works fine now that I did that.
Frequent Visitor

Still have this error and nothing has helped. It only seems to happen on certain channels (For me, AT&T Sportsnet and ESPN) and it ONLY occurs during certain commericals. On some days, I can watch these channels all day no problem. Most of the time I have to restart the app every time there's a commercial break. Doesn't matter if it's SD or HD.

I've done all of these:

-Reset Roku

-Reinstalled App

-Re-authorized app

-Switched HDMI ports

-Reset Modem/Router

New Poster

I have the exact smae problem it seems to be more previlant on sports channels so Im guessing inserting local commericals might be the culprit becasue if I watch HGTV it never happens watch the Rockies a few times an hour to the point I quit watching. Happens on multiple rokus also.

Frequent Visitor

Yup. Posted in multiple threads for months. They only answer questions that are outlined in their help areas already. They don't care about acknowledging bugs or providing workarounds.

New Poster

Same issue, watch sports channels like FS1 or Rockies on the art channel get the error so consistently it becomes unwatchable.
Service Expert

Irishlarkin99 wrote:
Same issue, watch sports channels like FS1 or Rockies on the art channel get the error so consistently it becomes unwatchable.

any way to run ethernet across the floor from router to the Roku to see if that clears up the problem?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Almost none of the Roku models have an ethernet port. This is a Xfinity issue, not an internet speed issue.

Frequent Visitor

Agreed.

FIX the issue, comcast!

Service Expert

... remember it is a beta service. testing would help if available. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I agree, Rustyben. When it works, it works great. Hopefully all the bugs will be figured out before they officially release it.

New Poster

I'm also getting the same error message! Very frustrating, it comes up on any channel I try to watch. Any idea when this will be fixed?
New Poster

I wanted to give an update. I tweeted Comcast Cares on twitter, a representative tweeted me back (CF). Instructed me to sign out the app and they pushed through refreshes. They system refreshed, I signed back in and it's working great!
Bronze Problem Solver

If you have an X1 cable box, you can send a System Refresh yourself. On remote hit Xfinity, goto System menu (on right), goto Help menu, select system refresh.

Frequent Visitor

Refreshing does not work on this end.

Still pulling the same thing will not authenticate.

Is anyone developing this thing and helping paying customers with this?!

New Poster

I tried to uninstall and reinstall and the error still pops up. It only happens on Livestream for me, not on OnDemand, but for all channels, SD or HD. I'm trying the system refresh right now, but I'm surprised no one from Comcast has yet recognized or at least commented on this issue, as it is on-going and wide-spread. No one will opt-in to pay for it if these bugs don't get fixed.
Contributor

I have been a member of the xfinity insight forum or something close to that. They had us complete a survey asking how we felt about them charging 6.99 for each roku per month. I responded by saying it was not a cable box, was very clunkly, and being a customer who has 7 x1 boxes, if they tried to pull that trick, after 20 years as a comcast customer, that would be it for me. Guess my $232.00 a month doesn't mean anything to them. With all that said, I figured they are creating stops in the service and are about to roll out the ole "new payment" charges. Shame on them if they try it. Lets face it, the comcast stream app runs 2 minutes and 42 seconds slow, is horrible to actually try to channel surf, and is worth about what they charging now, which is nothing. Kinda like that surcharge everyone pays for the local channels you can get free. Come on Comcast, you continue to run off your loyal customers, how is that good for business?
New Poster

Seeing the same error on my Roku enabled TV. Tried all the suggestion listed in this thread to no avail. What's really weird is it works fine from my iphone and PC??
New Poster

Noticed the Xfinity Stream app on my PC's and Mobile devices no longer list "beta" in their icons/titles but the Xfinity Stream app per my Roku-enabled TV - Streaming Channels listing still lists the "beta" status - could this be the issue why Xfinity Stream is no longer working on my Roku-enabled Smart TV?

New Poster

Removed and reinstalled the Xfinity Stream (Beta) app from my Roku-enabled TV one more time and all is working again....??

Frequent Visitor

I've reinstalled dozens of times in the 3-4 months I've been having this issue with 0 acknowledgement from this company. The issue persists regardless of how many times you reinstall or sign out and re-authorize. I've given up hope that this will ever be a usable service. It happens on every single channel now.

New Poster

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. It did not work for me.
Service Expert

Mehart01 wrote:
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. It did not work for me.

did you try removing the HDMI plug from the TV and plug it back in a few times to 'clean' the contacts by friction?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

We too are getting this error. Screenshot attached.

We are paying customers of this service, so we are past the 'beta testing'. We signed up on the official release date of 10/4/2017, including the Entertainment pack for an additional $15.

Interestingly, so far we are only getting this on one of our Roku Ultimates, but the other one has been operating just fine. I have cycled power on this particular Roku, but we still get the message about 5 minutes into each show we watch. I have not uninstalled and reinstalled the app because I see that did not work for others. However, I am willing to try it to see.

The Roku's are hard wired, and we have the gigabit Internet with Comcast.

Roku Livingroom Xfinity Stream DRM-3 error 10-8-2017.jpg
Service Expert

DKPeppard wrote:

We are paying customers of this service, so we are past the 'beta testing'. We signed up on the official release date of 10/4/2017, including the Entertainment pack for an additional $15.

Interestingly, so far we are only getting this on one of our Roku Ultimates, but the other one has been operating just fine. I have cycled power on this particular Roku, but we still get the message about 5 minutes into each show we watch. I have not uninstalled and reinstalled the app because I see that did not work for others. However, I am willing to try it to see.

hi, the Roku stream app beta is still free (no extra charge at the moment). standard fix is ... please logout of the app, Then uninstall it (again). then remove the Roku for 30+ seconds and plug it back in. reinstall, login again. Does the app work now?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I just tried the remove/reinstall fix. Still get the error. Suggestions?

Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

hi, the Roku stream app beta is still free (no extra charge at the moment). standard fix is ... please logout of the app, Then uninstall it (again). then remove the Roku for 30+ seconds and plug it back in. reinstall, login again. Does the app work now?

Thank you for the response. I followed your steps and will test again the next time we sit down to watch a show on this particular device. I will report back soon.

Thanks again.

Service Expert

Mike19599 wrote:
I just tried the remove/reinstall fix. Still get the error. Suggestions?

the fix is more than uninstall reinstall. signout, uninstall, unplug from TV/power for 30+ seconds. plug back in, reinstall, login.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Thank you for the response. I followed your steps and will test again the next time we sit down to watch a show on this particular device. I will report back soon.

Thanks again.

Unfortunately, the DRM-3 errors still are happening. They happen about 6 minutes into shows when we watch them. This is happening now on both our Roku Ultras.

However, it is not happening 100% of the time on the Rokus. Here is a summary of our evening last night. This is after following the instructions above to uninstall and reinstall the Roku app:

Streamed Survivor on ABC with no DRM-3 error the entire time.

Tried watching Rehab Garage on Discovery and got the DRM-3 error after 6 minutes.

Tried watching both Cold Case Files and First 48 on A&E and got the DRM-3 error after 6 minutes.

Went to bed after that due to frustration.

For further reference, these DRM-3 errors seem to only be happening with the Roku app. We were watching shows earlier in the week both on our Android tablets, and in Chrome on our PCs with no issues.

Hope this information helps so we can get these errors cleared up ASAP. Thank you.

Contributor

For other people with this DRM-3 issue, make sure to check out this other post from ComcastChe so they can assist you with your issue: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/roku-app-error/m-p/2966810#M9479

New Poster

Thx!!!! This worked! I refreshed X1 box, uninstalled app on Roku, unplugged for 30 sec, reinstalled app and now it works.
Contributor

CooperWA wrote:
Thx!!!! This worked! I refreshed X1 box, uninstalled app on Roku, unplugged for 30 sec, reinstalled app and now it works.

Cool deal. I wish this simple fix worked for us. Tried on both our Roku Ultras and still getting the DRM-3 error. Hopefully my PM to ComcastChe will help us get fixed. 

Contributor

So last night we tried watching a couple of the same shows again on one of our Roku Ultras. We were able to watch two full episodes of Garage Rehap on Discovery, and about 30 minutes of First 48 on A&E with no DRM errors.

Not sure if Comcast did something on their end, but this was a plesant surprise.

For reference we had not rebooted our Rokus at all. They were all in the same state as when we previously received the DRM. -3 errors.

New Poster

Thanks, I've also researched this on the web. I've also chatted with support reps from both Xfinity and Roku without a succesful resolution.

New Poster

Yes, I've tried HD and SD.  All Xfinity programs will play on one tv and no Xfinity programs will play on the 2nd tv.

New Poster

I've tried reinstalling the Xfinity Beta app multiple times, it didn't help me.

New Poster

I agree, mine appear to be an Xfinity issue rather than a Roku issue. To my knowledge, every app installed except Xfinity works perfectly on this one tv. 

Contributor

DKPeppard wrote:

So last night we tried watching a couple of the same shows again on one of our Roku Ultras. We were able to watch two full episodes of Garage Rehap on Discovery, and about 30 minutes of First 48 on A&E with no DRM errors.

Not sure if Comcast did something on their end, but this was a plesant surprise.

For reference we had not rebooted our Rokus at all. They were all in the same state as when we previously received the DRM. -3 errors.

DRM-3 errors have started again today. Been 12 days with no issues, and now it started back up today, 10/22/2017.

We have been watching Outlaw Chronicles: H e l l's Angels (used spaces because the forums flagged it as 'bad'), a 6 episode series. We got all the way to episode 5 and got the DRM-3 error. We restarted episode 5, finished it (only had about 10 minutes left), then started the last episode; episode 6. About 18 minutes in the picture started getting grainy, then 20 minutes in we got the DRM-3 error on our Roku again.

We've now rebooted our Roku to see if that helps, but figured we needed to report this. I will also send an updated PM to ComcastChe.

EDIT: The reboot of our Rokudevices did not help. We are still getting DRM errors continually, about 10 minutes in every time, then get kicked out of the program, making the service completely unusable for us.

Service Expert

DKPeppard wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

DRM-3 errors have started again today. Been 12 days with no issues, and now it started back up today, 10/22/2017.

We have been watching Outlaw Chronicles: H e l l's Angels (used spaces because the forums flagged it as 'bad'), a 6 episode series. We got all the way to episode 5 and got the DRM-3 error. We restarted episode 5, finished it (only had about 10 minutes left), then started the last episode; episode 6. About 18 minutes in the picture started getting grainy, then 20 minutes in we got the DRM-3 error on our Roku again.

We've now rebooted our Roku to see if that helps, but figured we needed to report this. I will also send an updated PM to ComcastChe.

EDIT: The reboot of our Rokudevices did not help. We are still getting DRM errors continually, about 10 minutes in every time, then get kicked out of the program, making the service completely unusable for us.

try this. logout of the app. uninstall the app. unplug the Roku from the TV and power. after 30 or so seconds, plug the Roku back into the TV and power supply. reinstall the app and login.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

try this. logout of the app. uninstall the app. unplug the Roku from the TV and power. after 30 or so seconds, plug the Roku back into the TV and power supply. reinstall the app and login.

I did that the first time I posted the problem a couple weeks ago, and that did not fix the problem. The problem was on Comcast's end, and this was verified by ComcastChe in a Private Message back then. I am going to assume the problem is on Comcast's end again.

Service Expert

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

I did that the first time I posted the problem a couple weeks ago, and that did not fix the problem. The problem was on Comcast's end, and this was verified by ComcastChe in a Private Message back then. I am going to assume the problem is on Comcast's end again.

the 'thrown error' DRM-3 is an application message (the app) and probably means that the path has been invalidated by the server to monitor handshake so the application "fails". For any DRM app error the device must disappear (unplug from TV's input port allowing the port to reset and it is best to remove power from the device so it can also hard reset. I would even try inserting/removing the HDMI connector (both ends if not a dongle) to clean and burnish the electrical signal connections. Try it again?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

the 'thrown error' DRM-3 is an application message (the app) and probably means that the path has been invalidated by the server to monitor handshake so the application "fails". For any DRM app error the device must disappear (unplug from TV's input port allowing the port to reset and it is best to remove power from the device so it can also hard reset. I would even try inserting/removing the HDMI connector (both ends if not a dongle) to clean and burnish the electrical signal connections. Try it again?

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the info, and I will certainly give your suggestion a shot, even though I didn't have to do any of this previously when ComcastChe fixed my issue. Again though, I am willing to try anything because our service is completely unusable on our Roku devices due to the DRM-3 error. I will do this once I get home from work later today.

For the record, when this error started on one device, I tested our other two Roku Ultimate devices and all three of them are all having DRM-3 issues at the same time now. Three different Roku devices on three difference TVs, all connected via LAN. DRM-3 pops up exactly 6 minutes into any show we try watching.

Lastly, I called Comcast support this morning on this issue, and it was very apparent the support person had no idea what Xfinity Instant TV was, what a Roku device was, or what a 'DRM -3' error code was. I was repeatedly asked for my Comcast set top box serial, which I obviously do not have. I asked the support person why they were asking me for set top box info when our account should clearly show we do not have a cable TV package, only the Instant TV package. Replies were all 'canned'. A very frustrating call that yeilded no results.

In the end I asked for a ticket number so I could call back and hopefully get someone in support who was familiar with Instant TV, Roku, and the DRM-3 errors so I can get proper support on a package we are paying money for.

Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Ok, home and pulled the power from each Roku, along with disconnecting the HDMI cable from the Roku after the power was pulled. Waited a couple minutes then reconnected everythingf.

I was only able to test one show (First 48) for 18 minutes with no DRM issue. So far so good. The test will be if we can binge-watch for several hours with no problems.

Thanks again for the suggestion, and we'll see if we can make it longer than 12 days without a DRM issue on our Roku devices this time.

Contributor

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Ok, home and pulled the power from each Roku, along with disconnecting the HDMI cable from the Roku after the power was pulled. Waited a couple minutes then reconnected everythingf.

I was only able to test one show (First 48) for 18 minutes with no DRM issue. So far so good. The test will be if we can binge-watch for several hours with no problems.

Thanks again for the suggestion, and we'll see if we can make it longer than 12 days without a DRM issue on our Roku devices this time.

Just an update. Watched shows for about 90 minutes last night on our Roku with no issues, so it appears your suggestion worked. Thank you again for that.

I'd mark your suggestion as a solution as you request in your signature, but I could not figure out how to mark it as an accepted solution.

New Poster

I'm experiencing the same issue.  Per the suggestion of another comment, I removed and reinstalled the channel but still the error code persists and no access to streaming.  I'm able to stream on my computer laptop and cell phone but not with my Roku device.  What's up XFINITY and ROKU? 

New Poster

I'm experiencing the same issue.  Per the suggestion of another comment, I removed and reinstalled the channel but still the error code persists and no access to streaming.

I'm able to stream on my computer laptop and cell phone but not with my Roku device.

What's up XFINITY and ROKU? 

New Poster

I treid that and no luck.

I'm able to view on my compute laptop and cell phone but  not with Roku on TV.

What's up with that?

Service Expert

FrankieCHS wrote:

I treid that and no luck.

I'm able to view on my compute laptop and cell phone but  not with Roku on TV.

What's up with that?

what error did you receive on the TV screen for your Roku?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon