Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Roku access

New Poster

Roku access

on some of my roku apps (watch ESPN, Disney NOW, etc...),  I enter the activation code and it kicks me back to my xfinity page and it reads "you're automatically signed in with Xfinity and ready to watch"  However the page just keeps resetting, instead of turning the programming on my television.  

How do I solve???   Please advise.

Service Expert

Re: Roku access

mnoble60741 wrote:

on some of my roku apps (watch ESPN, Disney NOW, etc...),  I enter the activation code and it kicks me back to my xfinity page and it reads "you're automatically signed in with Xfinity and ready to watch"  However the page just keeps resetting, instead of turning the programming on my television.  

How do I solve???   Please advise.

i just installed it on my Roku to test. selected live, it asked and I answered Comcast/Xfinity. it gave me a url i put in the safari browser on my home wireless and input the code and a moment later the TV said that this is not included in your Xfinity subscription. So since I have it on iphone and ipad and android tablets the contract must be for devices that don't include a TV via HDMI.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I should have included..... my subscription has not changed in years, I had access to these apps for weeks on weeks. The only annoying thing was if I didnt watch a app/channel on the Roku app that was from Xfinity for a week, I would have to get code from app and re-login. Now the log-in page gives me the message, acts like it is working, then the pages restarts to the same message...over and over and over again. 

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem on Apple TV. The Xfinity authentication process is hosed. I called support and got nowhere but at least they are aware of the problem and said they would elevate the issue and call me back within 24 hours. 

Service Expert

mrterrycook wrote:

I am having the same problem on Apple TV. The Xfinity authentication process is hosed. I called support and got nowhere but at least they are aware of the problem and said they would elevate the issue and call me back within 24 hours. 

you posted in the stream tv app area. The stream TV app is not allowed to work on Apple TV's.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I am well aware that the Stream app was designed to be useless for Apple TV. I posted where I did because that was in response to the original post describing the activation problem for “channel” apps on Apple TV and other streaming devices. My problem was resolved by clearing website history/data from my browser.

Official Employee

Hi mnoble60741, I can help investigate this issue further. I'd like to do some troubleshooting on my end to see if we can get this resolved. Please verify the following in a private message: 

The first and last name of the primary account holder

The full account number or phone number associated with your services

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Was this answered? I am experiencing same issue. Clearing browser history did not work for me, still getting that “ automaticity signed on” loop
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation