Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Roku/Xfinity Stream Beta Not Working

New Poster

Roku/Xfinity Stream Beta Not Working

Roku keeps saying "This Device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like".

I'm on my Xfinity home wifi but it keeps erroring to this along with Error createDrmSession.403-102.

Can someone on Comcast please advise?

-Brad

New Poster

Re: Roku/Xfinity Stream Beta Not Working

Having the same problem. Xfinity tech says you can't use this service on a ROKU or tv. What is the friggin purpose of it then?

Regular Contributor

Just started getting this myself. Brand new roku smart tv (tcl). The app has been working without issue since I have been using it (about a month). I am on my home xfinity network. Restarted the modem, restarted the tv, removed the app and readded. Signed out, re-authenticated. Still same error. I can access streaming fine on my computer and android phone.
New Poster

Same problem here. Multiple chats and calls to comcast help desk with no solution. At the end they would always tell me that tje roku tv I have (insignia roku tv) is not supported (??? Duh, it has been working for months fine before this...)
I hope they fix this soon.
New Poster

I’ve got 6 Roku premier + Units that I have been successfully using this app on for well over 6 months without issue until I started getting this error on all of them last night. An escalated support call ended with me being informed this is a known issue and would be resolved soon. That call was at 8AM cst, over 9 hours ago. The outage overall is now 24 hours in. Please fix!!
New Poster

Same problem as others. Message says that I need to be hooked up to home WiFi, and I clearly am. I enter a new authorization code, get a success message on my device, and then the roku TV continues to get the same error message. Worked fine before today. 

New Poster

Same here with 6 Roku units as well.  Worked earlier today with a real nice 1st level who couldn't help but I appreciated his time. Escalated trouble and was supposed to get a call back... Its been about 9 hours.  Will have to pick it up tomorrow.  All units have been working perfectly for 8-9 months. 

New Poster

First level rep also escalated my problem today. He tried sending a programming signal to my modem but it did not change anything. He quoted 24-48 hours for a call back. I learned during the call that the streaming app on my iPad was also not working properly. Local channels will not stream because the app is not seeing my modem as being my home WiFi. To be continued...

Service Expert

apparently it is a nationwide problem but only affects some customers. they are working on the problem.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Took about 48 hours to be fixed. Comcast never contacted me but was working after I checked on a few different occasions. Of course I have no idea what fixed the issue. So much for customer service. Don't get me wrong, glad its fixed, but would like to know what it was.

New Poster

Yes, I just randomly checked last week and found my streaming working again. Wish I would have gotten a call back since they said they would. I was even asked for and left my contact number two separate times with the first level help person. 

New Poster

I have similar problems.

What I have done in the past is to log into the modem and do a factory reset.  I use the same wifi network and passkey as before so I don't have to connect all the devices back to the wifi.

The streaming works after that for about a week, then it goes back to the "you must be on your home wifi" message.

I get it on all of my devices (phone, tablet, computer, Roku)...

New Poster

Thanks for the info... did everything but that.  I'll try it if/when it happens again,

Official Employee

@CDSITGUY

Are you still getting the DRM error code? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

My experience with the Xfinity Stream ROKU Beta is it works great when watching a channel. But Heaven forfend trying to switch channels! Usually get "Error DRM.-3" but when I try it again it sometimes works. But sometimes I have to go all the way out and back in again. 

New Poster

Mine still doesn’t work.
Contributor

Mine stopped working today.....has been working flawless for several months.     On both tvs,   1 is a roku tv, 2017 model....other is a samsung tv using the roku streaming stick, current version.

New Poster

Today was the first day I’ve tried my Roku stick in a few weeks and noticed it wouldnt work. Keeps giving me the error message about needing to be on home WiFi. Clearly this is a large scale issue and I wish Comcast would just get it fixed Smiley Sad
New Poster

I just encountered this issue for the first time today. I’m using a streaming stick.
Service Expert

@dominiqlks wrote:
I just encountered this issue for the first time today. I’m using a streaming stick.

try uninstalling the stream beta app channel and reinstalling it.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I'm have the same problem since yesterday when I upgraded my modem. Everything else seems to work but ROKU Xapp will not let me sign in as if I was trying to sign in with a different network than my home network. Sign out sign in. power cycle. Refresh nothing works. I guess I am not the only one.

Service Expert

@marksfamily84 wrote:

I'm have the same problem since yesterday when I upgraded my modem. Everything else seems to work but ROKU Xapp will not let me sign in as if I was trying to sign in with a different network than my home network. Sign out sign in. power cycle. Refresh nothing works. I guess I am not the only one.

changing the modem caused your problem but is easily fixed. get the HFC MAC address of the modem (cell phone picture of the label for example) and call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to change your modem to the new address. after the agent makes the change it can take up to 24 hours to update the back end but you can request that the agent perform a deep background refresh on your account after the modem address is changed by Comcast.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I will try that . I also am not getting near 60mbps service that I am paying for. Speed test clocks about 12

New Poster

Customer service confirmed Mac was correct. Internet working good. Slower speeds than advertised. Maybe deep background refresh is needed.

New Poster

Last week I upgraded the Comcast service in my vacation home to include internet and WIFI.  This meant that I needed to replace the existing router with a new one.  I returned the original and for some reason could not get the replacement to work, so switched that out with Comcast for another.  I finally got the internet to work including the WIFI so all was good.

I bought 2 Roku streaming sticks + specifically to use the Xfinity streaming app.  I got the message that I couldnt use it because I needed to be on my in home WIFI.  It took a couple of days to sort it out but a great guy from the advanced team in Comcast (Von)  wouldnt stop until it was fixed.

The problem was that the first two routers were never removed from my account in the Comcast database and the tech couldnt see my SSID on the newest router.  He removed the previous two routers and sent a refresh to the current router.  It didnt work right away.

At that point I needed to delete the Xfinity app from Roku, reinstall it and it worked great.  Actually both of them. 

If you end up with that issue again it may be worth asking how many routers they see and give Comcast the serial number and MAC address of the router that you have on your network.

New Poster

No error message just doesn't work.
Service Expert

@buddy2penny wrote:
No error message just doesn't work.

did you try using a smart device while connected to the same wifi router? did the stream app work normally on that device?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I just started having the same issue this afternoon. Roku keeps saying "This Device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like". 

Why is this error happening? How can I get it fixed?

Service Expert

@ColinM wrote:

I just started having the same issue this afternoon. Roku keeps saying "This Device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like". 

Why is this error happening? How can I get it fixed?

on a smart device run the Xfinity my account app. touch the internet tab. select the modem and verify the 'serial number" shown matches exactly the number on the actual modem that you are using for data. be sure that your connection for the Roku is connected to the wifi attached to that modem/gateway.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats