members

online now

discussions

Roku Xfinity Stream App DRM Error 403-102

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Roku Xfinity Stream App DRM Error 403-102

Hi,

I am receiving a DRM 403-102 message when I try to activate my roku xfinity streaming app.  Says I am not on my xfiniity wifi.  I do NOT have xfiniity wifi, I DO have Xfinity TV AND Internet service however.  I have my own modem and router.

Comcast chat support is useless and tells you to simply follow the activation steps, which I did.

My zip code is 62712 is this available in that area?  Is anything else needed for this to work?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Roku Xfinity Stream App DRM Error 403-102

Yes I did.

I'm wondering if something was done after that ticket was created by support.  It magically started working a little bit ago.  Very weird.  For now I am good.

Thanks for all help provided!

View answer in context
Bronze Problem Solver

nascar2z2229 wrote:

Hi,

I am receiving a DRM 403-102 message when I try to activate my roku xfinity streaming app.  Says I am not on my xfiniity wifi.  I do NOT have xfiniity wifi, I DO have Xfinity TV AND Internet service however.  I have my own modem and router.

Comcast chat support is useless and tells you to simply follow the activation steps, which I did.

My zip code is 62712 is this available in that area?  Is anything else needed for this to work?

Thanks

Is your roku connected to your network wired or wireless?

Frequent Visitor

It's connected wirelessly.  I have the roku streaming stick from 2016 that I just purchases specifically to run this app.

Bronze Problem Solver

nascar2z2229 wrote:

It's connected wirelessly.  I have the roku streaming stick from 2016 that I just purchases specifically to run this app.

The app is assuming the wireless connection is xfinity. You have to be sure the roku is connecting to the private wireless connection that is your home network not a public wifi generated by your modem or router. What are the models of the modem/router?

Frequent Visitor

Synology RT2600ac

Modem Motorola JRSB6121

So if I create a wireless network of SSID "xfinity" it should work?
Bronze Problem Solver

nascar2z2229 wrote:

So if I create a wireless network of SSID "xfinity" it should work?

No, its not that simple. Go to My Account Devices web page ( https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices ) and verify you cable modem is correctly listed as your modem

Frequent Visitor

Yes it is listed as a SB6121 (it shows JRSB6121) The serial number does not appear to match the bottom of the unit however.

So what needs done? Do I need additional hardware? Do they need to configure my modem for this to work?
Bronze Problem Solver

nascar2z2229 wrote:
Yes it is listed as a SB6121 (it shows JRSB6121) The serial number does not appear to match the bottom of the unit however.

So what needs done? Do I need additional hardware? Do they need to configure my modem for this to work?

They need to configure your account, call support and let them know your cable modem serial number doesn't match what is listed on web page.

Frequent Visitor

Sweet

That is all that's missing from allowing this to work? I would have never guessed to check that.
Bronze Problem Solver

nascar2z2229 wrote:
Sweet

That is all that's missing from allowing this to work? I would have never guessed to check that.

I don't know if that is all, but until your account is configed for your modem, you will not be considered to be on your home network by the comcast system.

Service Expert

adding.. you can name the wifi anything but i would definitely avoid advertising your Xfinity brand connection (a much prized connection to try to hack). After they update your account, it may take 24 hours to have the entire database structure 'know' your modem's IP is 'in-home'.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

My modem WAS at a different service location and has now been returned to my address.  The app is still not working.

Ok so to confirm, I OWN my own Motorola gateway and WiFi router.

Will the roku app work with simply this hardware?

Xfinity app support is telling me my device may not be compatible but I can still purchase my own device and have this app work.

My SB6121 is now showing as not supported anymore on this page.  https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com

What modem is recommended to support the xfinity stream roku app?  There appears to be many options.

Bronze Problem Solver

nascar2z2229 wrote:

My modem WAS at a different service location and has now been returned to my address.  The app is still not working.

Ok so to confirm, I OWN my own Motorola gateway and WiFi router.

Will the roku app work with simply this hardware?

Xfinity app support is telling me my device may not be compatible but I can still purchase my own device and have this app work.

My SB6121 is now showing as not supported anymore on this page.  https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com

What modem is recommended to support the xfinity stream roku app?  There appears to be many options.

I don't understand "My modem WAS at a different service location and has now been returned to my address."

Does the My Account Devices web page ( https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices ) show your cable modem now with correct SN now?

Frequent Visitor

The serial number it shows is the MAC address of the unit.  Not the actual serial number.  Does that matter?

I had a family member's modem and they had mine.  We switched them back so the correct MAC shown on the devices page is NOW at my address where it should be.  Only issue is the MAC is listed as serial number on the devices page but it is the correct mac of the unit I have now.

Bronze Problem Solver

nascar2z2229 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Yes, its actually the mac address listed on the page, but they label it SN

Untitled1.png

So your modem is now correctly listed in your my devices page. Can the roku stream any other non comcast content using your wireless connection?

Frequent Visitor

Yes the Roku works flawlessly with every other app. My one month trial of DirecTV now is amazingly good as well as crackle. Xfinity stream is the only app giving me major issues.

Should I have Comcast remove the modem from my account and re-add it? Since it was at another location for a few months before bringing it back to my address.

Should this app work with the hardware I have currently? No other Comcast hardware or wifi is needed?
Bronze Problem Solver

nascar2z2229 wrote:
Yes the Roku works flawlessly with every other app. My one month trial of DirecTV now is amazingly good as well as crackle. Xfinity stream is the only app giving me major issues.

Should I have Comcast remove the modem from my account and re-add it? Since it was at another location for a few months before bringing it back to my address.

Should this app work with the hardware I have currently? No other Comcast hardware or wifi is needed?

If you are on your home network it should work, nothing else is needed.

Are you sure the roku is connected to your wifi and not another? If so, try uninstalling/reinstalling app on roku.

Frequent Visitor

Yes it is connected to my home wifi. I have removed and reinstalled the app. I have NOT tried that since the modem was put back at my address however. I will try that I guess but not sure where to go from here. I will have Comcast try removing the modem and reading to my account as well.
Frequent Visitor

Was on the phone with "app" support individual for an hour.  They reset my account a number of times confirmed the modem is showing my service address and just about everything else.  I tried the app after that and it seemed to take longer than it has before, but errored out with unable to complete connection or something like that.  Then everytime I try after that, I get the same DRM 403-102 message.

I reset my network settings on the roku

Uninstalled and installed the stream app

Nothing

Apparently they have created a ticket for some other support to look into it and get back with me.

Service Expert

nascar2z2229 wrote:

Was on the phone with "app" support individual for an hour.  They reset my account a number of times confirmed the modem is showing my service address and just about everything else.  I tried the app after that and it seemed to take longer than it has before, but errored out with unable to complete connection or something like that.  Then everytime I try after that, I get the same DRM 403-102 message.

I reset my network settings on the roku

Uninstalled and installed the stream app

Nothing

Apparently they have created a ticket for some other support to look into it and get back with me.

did you verify the serial number and MAC address off the label or off the modem's configuration web page? 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Yes I did.

I'm wondering if something was done after that ticket was created by support.  It magically started working a little bit ago.  Very weird.  For now I am good.

Thanks for all help provided!

Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation