Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Roku Fast Forward in Xfinity App

New Poster

Roku Fast Forward in Xfinity App

I just setup Roku and noticed that when viewing recording from our main DVR that the FF functionality doesn’t show the recorded show in FF or RR. The picture is frozen and only the progress bar moves...The problem is that you don’t know how far to FF or RR if the picture isn’t moving...Any advice? Thanks, Mike.
New Poster

Re: Roku Fast Forward in Xfinity App

Yes this is a problem you don’t know when to stop
New Poster

This is a major downside to the Roku app, as well as the inability to pause live tv. Comcast employees and/or service experts, any idea when these features will be added?
Expert

@gwarly wrote:
This is a major downside to the Roku app, as well as the inability to pause live tv. Comcast employees and/or service experts, any idea when these features will be added?

there is no physical storage device to store a 'spool' of buffer.

New Poster

Thanks for the reply. How do other live streaming services such as DirectTV Now and I believe Hulu Live TV allow for pausing of live tv? The xfinity streaming app does have a cloud DVR it could use to buffer, no? What about the thumb image while fast forwarding or rewinding while watching on demand or recorded shows, such as Netflix or Amazon Prime? I’m not an expert but I believe these features are not only limited to setups with physical hardware.
New Poster

I noticed the same thing and I’m requesting Xfinity add Fast Forward View Box to their improvements, I glad someone else feels the same way.