Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

Expert

Re: Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102)

@BobJonesx2 wrote:

Same problem in Nashville, TN.  Phone help from Comcast has been No Help!  What is going on?!?!?

it is a national problem but seems to affect the northeastern states area more often. Comcast has not given an estimated time of repair.

New Poster

OK, that's long enough.  I'm returning the Roku and looking for something that will work.  Any suggestions?

Expert

@BobJonesx2 wrote:

OK, that's long enough.  I'm returning the Roku and looking for something that will work.  Any suggestions?

a regular set top box (the roku is a customer owned set top box option that is currently free during beta test). 

Regular Visitor

ComcastElla,

When I click "Send Message", I get redirected to my Private Message inbox.

Would you mind sending me a quick message to which I can reply with my account info?

Sorry for the trouble.

Official Employee

@joemags5 - I sent you a private message, please let me know if you have any issues with it. 

New Poster

@ComcastElla,

I am in Chicago and have had the "Error createDrmSession.403-102" on my Rokus for a few days now. It started when I upgraded my modem on Sunday (to an approved SB8200). After several calls with Tech Support showed that the modem did activate properly and does show as "In-Home" to the Comcast network (per Tech Support), and the ability to stream Xfinity on my laptops and mobile devices using the same network as the Roku... I am at a loss as to why the Rokus are not working (like for everyone else).

Also, when I try to message you, I get thrown into an empty Private Messages page. Would you please PM me, so that we can get a fix going? Please?

Thank you!

ComcastElla

New Poster

Had the same issue for 2 whole weeks. Went up to Tier 3 support, sent a tech out, blah blah blah. Basically it just worked one day. But now our service is absolute garbage. Our recordings skip and don't record our whole episodes. Live TV skips and subtitles will pop up out of nowhere. I don't think this BETA was ready to roll out and we are all guinea pigs. Canceling tomorrow. I have no other option. I have about 1800 ticket numbers and a direct line to some super-duper tech team supposedly. Still nothing. Over it. It's been a month with no solution. 

Official Employee

Hello all,

@ChicagoOutfit - You can't use a PM feature if you haven't posted publicly, this is why you got a blank screen. Now you should have an access to private messaging. Feel free to send me your full name, the account holder's name as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.  

@Slw9161 - I can check what is going on with your Roku. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Thank you. 

Regular Visitor

I'm now suddenly having this issue in Salem, VA. Was working fine on my ROKU TV and now getting this error. I have my laptop and TV on the same wireless network. Laptop works fine, TV gets this error.

Official Employee

Hi, jwadams32 - Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number and I will troubleshoot your Roku issue. 

New Poster

Is there any solid technical information about the implementation of this?  What has to be checked with my xfinity modem/gateway?  Are there ports I need to open in my firewall (which is inside my modem)?

I have a rather complex network (for a home), and it doesn't appear that anyone really knows how this works (or is supposed to work).  Saying, "you have to be on your home network" is absolutely not close to enough information.

Also, I have WIRED Roku devices specifically to not use-up valuable wifi bandwidth.  So does that mean I can't use the service/app?  That should be the optimal way to use it!

Can anyone from Comcast get a really good technical description of all technical requirements for service?

Expert

@aweber wrote:

Is there any solid technical information about the implementation of this?  What has to be checked with my xfinity modem/gateway?  Are there ports I need to open in my firewall (which is inside my modem)?

I have a rather complex network (for a home), and it doesn't appear that anyone really knows how this works (or is supposed to work).  Saying, "you have to be on your home network" is absolutely not close to enough information.

Also, I have WIRED Roku devices specifically to not use-up valuable wifi bandwidth.  So does that mean I can't use the service/app?  That should be the optimal way to use it!

Can anyone from Comcast get a really good technical description of all technical requirements for service?

read and follow the directions from the official comcast employee that is just before your post.

New Poster

@Rustyben: Sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding your reply.  My post asks for technical details about the implementation of the app - specifically, the technical network requirements so I can perform some additional self-help here and maybe help others with my troubleshooting.

The previous post from ComcastElla is directed to another Comcast customer asking them to reply directly for help.  While I'm encountering the same error code, and it appears this is a general networking issue that Comcast needs to clarify, that post does not seem to answer any of my questions.

Official Employee

Hi, aweber - The createDrmSession.403-102 is an "out of home" error message. That doesn't mean that you have to be connected wirelessly but we need to make sure we have the correct modem information in our system. In some cases, we have to escalate these issues to the engineering team for the further troubleshooting. Unfortunately, there are no specific settings that you as a customer can change to fix it. 

Regular Visitor

Yeah, having the same problem as most on here. xfinity streaming app works on android and ios as well as laptop and yet I get a DRM message on my roku. strange

Official Employee

@itsakram - I got your private message and replied back. 

New Poster

Have tried all suggestions to reset Roku Express stick, but I keep geting this message.  Perhaps of note I previously used this stick with the service at my home in Chicago and it worked fine.  Have now moved stick to 2nd home in Michigan to use with Xfinity Stream and this problem has arose, and continued after activating Xfinity Stream at this address/account.  Access works on all tablets, laptops, phones on WiFi at the Michigan address/account.  

New Poster

I too just had the same problem with my tclroku tv for the first time.  i went to network settings, and reset the wireless connetion (reconnted to the wireless router) and everythig again works find.  Hope this works for you.

Official Employee

@bryan773 - Received your private message and replied back. Please check your inbox. 

@vcubed1080 - Thank you so much for sharing the troubleshooting steps!

New Poster

I too have the same problem and it only seems to be the stick that won't stream Xfinity..But it works on all the other Roku devices...I can only suggest that you get one of the other/newer Roku...
Expert

@wjp8689 wrote:
I too have the same problem and it only seems to be the stick that won't stream Xfinity..But it works on all the other Roku devices...I can only suggest that you get one of the other/newer Roku...

did you message @ComcastElla (click on her username in the post just above your post)?

Regular Visitor

ComcastElla, I'm having this problem too. Please reply so I can private message you

Expert

@dim321 wrote:

ComcastElla, I'm having this problem too. Please reply so I can private message you

yes as she has given blanket permission. (do not message me, message @ComcastElla)

New Poster

This is what xfinity told me, they would escalate the problem and i have had no response. I have the tcl tv with ruku n a ruku stem stick 3600 which are all able to stream n i continue to get the same message. Xfinity is horrible at problem solving
Regular Visitor

This was solved for me when someone checked that the MAC address they had for my modem was entered incorrectly by them. Make them check it.
New Poster

Xfinity checked my modem number and it was correct. Do you mean ruku?
Regular Visitor

No. You don't have to give them anything from your roku, but make sure your model is supported. The Comcast service moderator on this forum checked my account and the modem MAC address was the discrepancy. Maybe it would be something else for you.
Expert

@dim321 wrote:
No. You don't have to give them anything from your roku, but make sure your model is supported. The Comcast service moderator on this forum checked my account and the modem MAC address was the discrepancy. Maybe it would be something else for you.

@ComcastElla checks in often on the thread

New Poster

They did and they both support it but they keep saying they are escalating the problem and still no response. Just terrible
Official Employee

Hi, Kitkat122 - I don't see any messages from you to our team. I can take a look at your account and see if there is anything I can do to resolve your issue. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number, CM MAC address of your modem. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.  

New Poster

I am also having this issue. I started with Comcast less than 1 month ago. All my TVs are Samsung and are incompatible with xfinity streaming service. I went out and purchased 2 Rokus, set them up and started streaming. Three days later this issue. A technician came out and resolved it over the phone with someone. Yesterday was 10 days later.....I got this error message again mid afternoon, got on the phone and resolved it after about 30 minutes. Then when I got home from a meeting last night it happened again. Very frustrating!! BTW, I am in the Tallahassee, Florida area. AND, this also happened with my Amazon Fire TV, so it’s not just the Roku.
New Poster

I still don’t have Xfinity on my ruku. They have done nothing to resolve the issue
New Poster

I have comcast.  I actually like comcast.  I have been a subscriber for probably 20+ years (constant).

I am absolutely not a troll, etc., but this service is absolutely not ready for production use.  There are way too many issues with it and restrictions they arbitrarily built-into the setup.  (I get that they want to only allow it on their network, but I think they went about doing that totally wrong and it's causing a lot of grief.  I also know this is technically a "beta" so it's expected that YMMV.)

My guess is this is the precursor to their "IP-TV", which will basically allow smart tv's to leverage all your subscribed channels without a STB, and I will welcome trying that, but they need to really re-evaluate what they did here and possibly re-architect it.

We all know "what opinions are like", but I'm throwing mine out there.

Frequent Visitor

The first posts of this problem appeared in this thread more than 6 months ago. I'm surprised that after more than 6 months, the problem still exists. After newly installing the Roke Ultra to be able to use the XfinityStream app, everything worked well for three days before suddenly bumping into the "createDrmSession.403-102" error. I've tried the suggested solutions in this thread with no success. 

When attempting to send a private messsage to ComcastElla, the "Private Messages" text field is not editable. I can't enter text to initiate contact. I'm registered and logged in (MikeNH1). Please tell me what I'm doing wrong that prevents my ability to PM ComcastElla.

Thank You.

Expert

@MikeNH1 wrote:

The first posts of this problem appeared in this thread more than 6 months ago. I'm surprised that after more than 6 months, the problem still exists. After newly installing the Roke Ultra to be able to use the XfinityStream app, everything worked well for three days before suddenly bumping into the "createDrmSession.403-102" error. I've tried the suggested solutions in this thread with no success. 

When attempting to send a private messsage to ComcastElla, the "Private Messages" text field is not editable. I can't enter text to initiate contact. I'm registered and logged in (MikeNH1). Please tell me what I'm doing wrong that prevents my ability to PM ComcastElla.

Thank You.

re: PM, did you touch and login on the link in the upper right corner of these pages? PM won't work until logged in.

Frequent Visitor

re: PM, did you touch and login on the link in the upper right corner of these pages? PM won't work until logged in.

Isn't it true that I would not be able to post a reply in this thread if I was not logged in? In any case,  magically, I am able to send a PM to ComcastElla now. I don't know what has changed but PM is now working.  

Thank you for your reply.  It's appreciated! 

Roku update: through a support chat session,  I was assured that the problem will be resolved after 30 minutes and that I would be contacted by the team that supports the XfinityStream beta app.

Again, thanks for your response. 

New Poster

Mine still doesn’t work.
Frequent Visitor

My XfinityStream beta app is now working.

I was told by Support that it would be fixed after 30 minutes. 3 hours later I still got this error.

I have my own modem (Netgear CM500v) and my own wifi router. After using the Xfinity troubleshooting app to restart the modem and then re-authorized my Roku, things were fixed.
Expert

@MikeNH1 wrote:

Isn't it true that I would not be able to post a reply in this thread if I was not logged in? In any case,  magically, I am able to send a PM to ComcastElla now. I don't know what has changed but PM is now working.  

Thank you for your reply.  It's appreciated! 

Roku update: through a support chat session,  I was assured that the problem will be resolved after 30 minutes and that I would be contacted by the team that supports the XfinityStream beta app.

Again, thanks for your response.  

unfortunately 'reply' logs you in but selecting PM does not. for what it is worth future updates may fix that issue. It is a good question that you posed.

New Poster

I also receiced this error when I reinstalled the Xfinity Stream app for my parents on their Roku and on their Samsung Smart TV. Turns out since I was using my cellphone to authenticate the app it wouldn’t work. I was also already logged into my Xfinity sign-in which is at a different address. Once I used my fathers cellphone it went through just fine. So you have to be careful with who’s device you use to authenticate the Xfinity Stream app.
New Poster

found it
New Poster

This is happening to me now. I specifically asked if you could u chrome cast wit the Xfinity cable. (the package without a box) I was told yes. You can't. So I bought a roku and it worked for a week. Now I have this error. I've tried all the troubleshooting listed here.
Official Employee

Hi, Brandinovember7 - I can check your account and troubleshoot your Roku issue. Please send me a private message and include your full name and the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.