Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Removing Someone from Stream TV App

New Poster

Removing Someone from Stream TV App

I need to remove someone who is using my app. Customer service only tells me to change my Comcast email address and password, but that doesn't work because the person never logs out of the app. I can't get customer service to refer the problem to Tier 2. Can anyone help?
Service Expert

Re: Removing Someone from Stream TV App

meg5000 wrote:
I need to remove someone who is using my app. Customer service only tells me to change my Comcast email address and password, but that doesn't work because the person never logs out of the app. I can't get customer service to refer the problem to Tier 2. Can anyone help?

did you change your password yet? and how did they get your username and password?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote:

meg5000 wrote:

did you change your password yet? and how did they get your username and password?

Just changing pw does nothing if the other user doesn't log out of app. A comcast rep needs to deprovision devices now that pw has been changed. Afterwards, all users would have to login again and other user won't know new pw. There's no need to change email address. Its irrelevant how they got user name and password

Service Expert

mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

meg5000 wrote:

Just changing pw does nothing if the other user doesn't log out of app. A comcast rep needs to deprovision devices now that pw has been changed. Afterwards, all users would have to login again and other user won't know new pw. There's no need to change email address. Its irrelevant how they got user name and password

I won't request an official employee to reprovision until password is stated to have been changed. There is a setting that can be turned off at https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/userprofile?tokenServiceStatus=success which is why I asked about username/password (with that setting 'on' username/pass is not needed for anyone on the home wifi). 

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I have changed the password.
Bronze Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

meg5000 wrote:

I won't request an official employee to reprovision until password is stated to have been changed. There is a setting that can be turned off at https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/userprofile?tokenServiceStatus=success which is why I asked about username/password (with that setting 'on' username/pass is not needed for anyone on the home wifi). 

That setting only applies to network Websites and Apps, not the xf website or app.

New Poster

Will someone please request a Comcast employee to deprovision devices? I have changed the password, the person will not be able to log back in. I'm tired of this person using my app, deleting my recordings (some I can't restore) and adding recordings.
Service Expert

meg5000 wrote:
I have changed the password.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Thank you.
Official Employee

Hello meg5000, I can assist you with deactivating all users from access to your Xfinity Stream account. Please send me a private message with your full address, account number, username, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me".

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation