Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Remote app

Regular Visitor

Remote app

Please explain how the remote app works with no way to control my set top box with out the play ,fast forward , or any of the normal control buttons that I can’t find on the app? I can’t even type in a channel because there aren’t any keys!!! 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Remote app

ganthony wrote:

Please explain how the remote app works with no way to control my set top box with out the play ,fast forward , or any of the normal control buttons that I can’t find on the app? I can’t even type in a channel because there aren’t any keys!!! 

The tv remote app is a reduced version of the x1 streaming app. It does the same except for the streaming, instead it plays what you select through one of your cable boxes. Its not a replacement for the remote control. They used to have the x1 remote app that was a remote control replacement.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/getting-started-with-the-xfinity-tv-x1-remote-app-for-ios/

Service Expert

Re: Remote app

adding.. many of the standard remote control buttons are available on the Xfinity TV remote app. You have to access the virtual buttons by selecting the guide tab, then pressing the microphone icon. The first page is the voice control of the DVR that is selected (you can see which is currently selecting by touching the TV icon).  the other tab icon that looks like up/down/left/right arrows will give you the standard non-number related remote buttons and the number pad icon when touched will have your ABCD buttons as well as the number/letter keypad.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation