Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Recordings % Incorrect and Missing Recordings

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

My Home DVR is at 63% with 81 recordings, but my Stream TV app Recordings show 100% full and only 53 of my recordings.

It stinks because I'm missing some recordings that I'd really live to watch while I'm out of town, but I can't because they aren't available.

Over the past two years I've talked to different levels of customer support on the phone and chat and all I ever here is they have to escalate it and someone will get back to me.  That's yet to happen on about 4 different occassions, so I've given up with them.

I'll try this platform and see if this gets solved.

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 5

kreinhardt3 wrote:

My Home DVR is at 63% with 81 recordings, but my Stream TV app Recordings show 100% full and only 53 of my recordings.

It stinks because I'm missing some recordings that I'd really live to watch while I'm out of town, but I can't because they aren't available.

Over the past two years I've talked to different levels of customer support on the phone and chat and all I ever here is they have to escalate it and someone will get back to me.  That's yet to happen on about 4 different occassions, so I've given up with them.

I'll try this platform and see if this gets solved.

When you look at your list of recordings on the app or web site, you are looking at the recordings contained on your cloud dvr. When you look at list of recordings on on your STB DVR you looking at the recording contained on your STB DVR. Since they are different sizes and one may not be able to record when scheduled, the list may not be the same. The cloud dvr is smaller in size than your home dvr therefore the two may not contain the same list of recordings. As a dvr get full, oldest recordings are deleted to make room for new one. Therefore, theres nothing to solve, thats just the way it is.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 3 of 5

Thank you for that, but that is not what any Comcast support agent has told me to this point.  They say that the should match and they'll look into it.  Either I've had 4 ignorant support folks or something isn't quite right.  I guess there's a chance that your theory is right as well, but why wouldn't they have told me that.  I would have accepted that and dealt with it accordingly.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 4 of 5

kreinhardt3 wrote:

Thank you for that, but that is not what any Comcast support agent has told me to this point.  They say that the should match and they'll look into it.  Either I've had 4 ignorant support folks or something isn't quite right.  I guess there's a chance that your theory is right as well, but why wouldn't they have told me that.  I would have accepted that and dealt with it accordingly.

This is not my theory, on these forums we have been told this by comcast employees back when cloud dvr and the streaming website went active.

The following is from the cloud dvr FAQ web page:

"Only the most recent 60 hours of recordings are available for X1 Cloud DVR functionality. The availability of content on your mobile devices and computers may be slightly less than that on your TV. If you exceed the 60-hour limit, the oldest recordings will drop off for any new recordings. These recordings may still be available for viewing on your TV."

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

A lot of Comcast support agents don't know the details of how their system works therefore when a customer calls complaining about a problem they assume it is a problem.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 5 of 5

Wow!  Very good.  Thank you for that.  I'm glad I went this path, because now I know.  Thank you again.