New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Recently watched icon frames/thumbnails all empty on Roku stream app

ANSWERED
Contributor

Recently watched icon frames/thumbnails all empty on Roku stream app

This just started the night before last, 10/23/2017. I had reset all three of our Roku Ultimates due to getting the dreaded DRM-3 error. The unplug of power, unplug of HDMI, replug of HDMI, and replug of power seems to have cleared the DRM-3 error.

However, a new development. Now, all our 'Recently Watched' section items on the Roku app are all blank. The frames for the thumbnails are there, and the show description is below each frame still, but every frame is now blank. There is no way to see at a glance which shows you recently watched, and want to resume. Again, this all happened after my last reset of our Roku Ultimate devices, and is happening on all three units. It is not happening on the web or on our Android stream app, only the Roku stream app.

Even if I go pick a show from the menu somewhere else and watch it, the item in recently watched is still blank. Nothing I have tried has fixed the image. Images/thumbnails in all other sections appear to be fine.

I am not sure which version of the Roku stream app, but the units are all connected to our home network via LAN cable.

Any ideas? Was a new Roku beta app pushed that has a bug in it? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Accepted Solution

Re: Recently watched icon frames/thumbnails all empty on Roku stream app

hi DK

An image-related change for mobile & web was deployed yesterday that ended up negatively impacting the Roku app. That change is being rolled back in a deployment this morning and should be complete within a couple hours. Apologies for the inconvenience.

LHC

View answer in context
Problem Solver

hi DK

An image-related change for mobile & web was deployed yesterday that ended up negatively impacting the Roku app. That change is being rolled back in a deployment this morning and should be complete within a couple hours. Apologies for the inconvenience.

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

ComcastLoriHC wrote:

hi DK

LHC

Thank you for the quick response! We'll look for the update.

Thank you again, and have a great day!

Official Employee

Hi DKPeppard,

Just wanted to touch basis to see if your issues have been resolved? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation