members

online now

discussions

Re: XFINITY X1 Remote App Being Retired

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Contributor

The TV Remote app for android is NOT WORKING. I have already uninstalled/cleared data, all of it. I reinstall and login. When I click on a show I get an error:

There was a problem requesting information for this program.

An unknown error occurred during this request. Please try again.

This has been happening for weeks now. Can you please fix your app?

I have two boxes that are close enough proximity that using a cable remote is not possible, it changes both boxes. I am really tired of having to walk over to both boxes and use the channel up or down on the box to change channels. Totaly ridiculous.

EDIT: I have no problems with any other apps and the internet works fine before you post to check that. 

Accepted Solution

They are going to have to update the app to make it work correctly. So I am waiting on the update.

View answer in context
Service Expert

OG_PVP wrote:

The TV Remote app for android is NOT WORKING. I have already uninstalled/cleared data, all of it. I reinstall and login. When I click on a show I get an error:

There was a problem requesting information for this program.

An unknown error occurred during this request. Please try again.

This has been happening for weeks now. Can you please fix your app?

I have two boxes that are close enough proximity that using a cable remote is not possible, it changes both boxes. I am really tired of having to walk over to both boxes and use the channel up or down on the box to change channels. Totaly ridiculous.

EDIT: I have no problems with any other apps and the internet works fine before you post to check that. 

last, first. are both your set top boxes that are 'too near' each other non-rng150 model numbers? I just tried the TV remote on an cheap LG phone i use to control my home thermostat and an android tablet both worked perfectly (did verify that the 'TV' picked was the one I am sitting in front of at the moment). Did you log out of the app and log back in? did you try changing the channel while connected to cell or other data source?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

They are compatible models. I checked the list. the 3410 or something. I did check the correct TV as you say. I not only logged out, I cleared all data, uininstalled the app and then reinstalled, logged back in. I also tried on cell data as you say. I am going crazy with it. 

EDIT. The app loads up and shows the boxes in the settings. It also shows me what is on the channels but when I tap a show it gives the error I posted earlier. It also does not change channels at all. The TV Remote worked fine until a few weeks ago. 

Service Expert

OG_PVP wrote:

They are compatible models. I checked the list. the 3410 or something. I did check the correct TV as you say. I not only logged out, I cleared all data, uininstalled the app and then reinstalled, logged back in. I also tried on cell data as you say. I am going crazy with it. 

EDIT. The app loads up and shows the boxes in the settings. It also shows me what is on the channels but when I tap a show it gives the error I posted earlier. It also does not change channels at all. The TV Remote worked fine until a few weeks ago. 

Ok I moved this conversation to its own thread. It appears you are using two Roku devices? Would you run the Xfinity My Account App and verify under the internet tab that there is a modem listed and if so, compare the serial number listed with your current modem serial number?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

It is older set top boxes. They are not Roku. I have comcast business internet for my home office. I use the wifi off of that when in other parts of the house. I have tried using just plain old 4G LTE and it does the same. 

Like I have said, the TV Remote was working fine few weeks ago. It just stopped working. I have tried everything you have suggested so far, including rebooting the android device twice. I even signed out and back in again after you posted just to make sure. 

Screenshot_1.jpg
Service Expert

OG_PVP wrote:

It is older set top boxes. They are not Roku. I have comcast business internet for my home office. I use the wifi off of that when in other parts of the house. I have tried using just plain old 4G LTE and it does the same. 

Like I have said, the TV Remote was working fine few weeks ago. It just stopped working. I have tried everything you have suggested so far, including rebooting the android device twice. I even signed out and back in again after you posted just to make sure. 

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Thank you. 

Official Employee

Hello @OG_PVP. I can certainly help get this issue addressed with the XFINITY TV Remote app. Can you please tell us which type device (make and model), which version of Android you are using, as well as which XFINITY TV App version you are using? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Contributor

LG X Power, model number LG-K450, running android 6.0.1 and the version is 3.5.4.003 of the TV Remote app.

Official Employee

Thanks for sending that information, OG_PVP. Next, I would like to send an Account Refresh through to refresh your equipment and username entitlements. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

PM sent.

Official Employee

Thanks, I received your private message and I have responded.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Service Expert

ComcastJoeTru wrote:

Thanks, I received your private message and I have responded.

hi, this shows as the best answer but what fixed the problem?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

They are going to have to update the app to make it work correctly. So I am waiting on the update.