Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: X1 Technical Issues

Regular Visitor

Seeing others Recently Watched, Recordings and Devices

Ever since I received X1 service a few months ago I have had the problems (on DVR and TV app) of "Ghost Recordings", seeing someone else's "Recently Watched", having items on my DVR mysteriously deleted, and being able to see other people's devices being tied to my account under "Manage Devices" in the app

I have called Customer Service numerous times. I have gotten another box. There was a Moca (POE) filter installed yesterday bc they thought that would stop it. I did the research and thought that too, but the problem still persists.

I've changed my login info twice and only I know the credentials. I am sick of this issue.

Photo: I have no idea who Audrey or cearrey is.

IMG_5200.PNG

Official Employee

gatoreagle wrote:

Seeing others Recently Watched, Recordings and Devices

Ever since I received X1 service a few months ago I have had the problems (on DVR and TV app) of "Ghost Recordings", seeing someone else's "Recently Watched", having items on my DVR mysteriously deleted, and being able to see other people's devices being tied to my account under "Manage Devices" in the app

I have called Customer Service numerous times. I have gotten another box. There was a Moca (POE) filter installed yesterday bc they thought that would stop it. I did the research and thought that too, but the problem still persists.

I've changed my login info twice and only I know the credentials. I am sick of this issue.

Photo: I have no idea who Audrey or cearrey is.

Hi,

I've cleared all devices off your account. It is possible that someone had gotten hold of your old username/password and added their devices to your account before you changed it.

Hopefully this clears it up. Please report back if you continue to see problems. 

For anyone else coming across this issue with their accounts...  Call 800-XFINITY and ask to be transferred to Tier 2 support (or higher). There is a tool called "X-Ray" where devices can be removed from accounts remotely (most agents don't have access to this, only higher level support). If they remove all devices (called "deprovisioning" interally), it should be a clean slate - assuming you update your password first.

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation