Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Upcoming X1 updates

Regular Contributor

Question - has anyone had any luck downloading recorded shows on an ipad?  This is a fairly new feature (at least for me).  19 times out of 20 a message comes back saying download is not working at this time - try later or another show.  I have had 1 successful download so its not my equipment.  Also Netflix works flawlessly downloading eposodes on my ipad.  Is this just a beta version that works infrequently on comcast?  Its a great feature if it would work. - thanks for any insights and comments.  Sorry if this is posted to the wrong group - but its a relitively new freature so i thought this is the right forum

Regular Contributor

works fine for me. did you contact Comcast and have them add the codes for you as Comcast Andrew mentioned to you on 12/24/16? for your reference here is that info from him to you:

quoted from ComcastAndrew on 12/24/16:

"You don't have Cloud DVR rate codes on your account.

You were advised on a different thread back on 9/27, calling in is the way. Or use the online chat. Or visit your local service center

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-DVR-with-cloud-technology-on-the-PC-and-mobile-devices/m-p/280582..."

applehazar wrote:

Question - has anyone had any luck downloading recorded shows on an ipad?  This is a fairly new feature (at least for me).  19 times out of 20 a message comes back saying download is not working at this time - try later or another show.  I have had 1 successful download so its not my equipment.  Also Netflix works flawlessly downloading eposodes on my ipad.  Is this just a beta version that works infrequently on comcast?  Its a great feature if it would work. - thanks for any insights and comments.  Sorry if this is posted to the wrong group - but its a relitively new freature so i thought this is the right forum

Regular Contributor

yes =- the codes should have been added long ago - and all shows are on the app they just wont download consistently - thanks for the reply - any other ideas?

Regular Contributor

applehazar wrote:

yes =- the codes should have been added long ago - and all shows are on the app they just wont download consistently - thanks for the reply - any other ideas?

you are welcome. Sorry it isnt working for you. You might want to try and call comcast. as a suggestion, I find I get great phone support if when I call, the first thing I ask them is "are you working in the x1 department, and if not can you transfer me to someone who is trained on the product". when I ask this they generally are very receptive to transfer me to someone with more knowledge. Occasionally, I get lucky and the person who answers is an x1 rep. Just a tip to make the call easier if you choose to make it.

Regular Contributor

thank you very much  - ill try that

Regular Contributor

you are welcome!

applehazar wrote:

Service Expert

applehazar wrote:

downloads to my ipad mini 2 work without errors. did you try on an iphone for testing?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

applehazar wrote:

==

There is a support number specifically for X1  877 896 8678.

Regular Contributor

good suggestion - i getteh same message on my iphone - cound not create download - unfortuneately we're not able to download this program at thts time. Please try again in a few minutes or select another program  - only option is to dismiss message - no error code

Regular Contributor

ast streaming app update - I did call the 866 number given - very polite rep -  - comfirmed all codes are correct on my account -app does not work - went to tier 2 support Angel - very polite - no solution couldn't help me  - was told tier 3 would call me in 8-10 minutes with Angel on the call  - that was now 45 minutes ago - no call - I have an incident # and no idea who i need to contact since no-one called me as promised - any suggestions?

just asking - 

Regular Contributor

update  - i called bck - i was given incorrect info - tier 3 will not call back up to 48 hours - not 8 minutes - as i was instructed - it does appear some work was done on my account as i am now able to view recorded episodes - i do want to say these agents are very polite - and willing to work with us - 

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation