Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Regular Contributor

Well dangit, they ruined the TV Remote app with an "update". You used to be able to filter by movies and HD and switch to the channel on the box you had it setup to control. You can do HD now, but only for all listings, not just movies (or anything else), unless you want to look at OnDemand. I loved opening that app just to see what movies were on and boom change to the channel inside the app. That's over unless they add it back. The font is also way, way too big now. You used to be able to see what was ahead the next 60 or 90 minutes, now it's only the current 30 minutes and it fills up the screen (on my decent size Galaxy S7). All the reviews on the Play store are complaining about the same things.

The new TV Go app kind of does it. You can select movies on live listings and filter by HD, but if you exit and go back in you have to select movies again every time. The old TV Remote app would save your last filter preferences. It is also a side to side X1 like view of movie art, which is nice to look at, but no option for a grid view, and although you can watch it on your device, also cool, you cannot change the channel on your box with it.

Disappointing to me, even though I'm sure brandonbob will love it.
Valued Contributor

lightstorm22 wrote:
Well dangit, they ruined the TV Remote app with an "update". You used to be able to filter by movies and HD and switch to the channel on the box you had it setup to control. You can do HD now, but only for all listings, not just movies (or anything else), unless you want to look at OnDemand. I loved opening that app just to see what movies were on and boom change to the channel inside the app. That's over unless they add it back. The font is also way, way too big now. You used to be able to see what was ahead the next 60 or 90 minutes, now it's only the current 30 minutes and it fills up the screen (on my decent size Galaxy S7). All the reviews on the Play store are complaining about the same things.

The new TV Go app kind of does it. You can select movies on live listings and filter by HD, but if you exit and go back in you have to select movies again every time. The old TV Remote app would save your last filter preferences. It is also a side to side X1 like view of movie art, which is nice to look at, but no option for a grid view, and although you can watch it on your device, also cool, you cannot change the channel on your box with it.

Disappointing to me, even though I'm sure brandonbob will love it.

It was announced last week. There is a whole thread devoted to the change. It has garnered 30 pages of replies in one week.... brilliant update.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the link!
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation