members

online now

discussions

Re: Not able to stream on ROKU

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue again.  6th time since I started using it 2nd time this week.  Power cycle does not solve anything and everytime someone at comcast does something to get it going again.  There either needs to be a better way to reset whatever needs to be reset instead of spending 30-60 minutes in a chat session.

I had it working last night and tried again today and it is not working.  They want me to log into the cable modem to change settings (but the cable mode does not have settings).  

There needs be more reiliable and needs a better way to recover

Accepted Solution

@lostxp while @comcastella researches this issue that has not affected others so far, have you tried calling 800-Comcast and selectted billing, and asked the representative to do a deep background refresh? 

View answer in context
Service Expert

lostxp wrote:

I am having the same issue again.  6th time since I started using it 2nd time this week.  Power cycle does not solve anything and everytime someone at comcast does something to get it going again.  There either needs to be a better way to reset whatever needs to be reset instead of spending 30-60 minutes in a chat session.

I had it working last night and tried again today and it is not working.  They want me to log into the cable modem to change settings (but the cable mode does not have settings).  

Hi, do you see an error message? Is the Roku connected to your own home's SSID (wireless name and not to xfinitywifi SSID)? using the Xfinity My Account app and selecting the internet tab, does it show a modem serial number? does that serial number match the modem/gateway?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

lostxp wrote:

Hi, do you see an error message? Is the Roku connected to your own home's SSID (wireless name and not to xfinitywifi SSID)? using the Xfinity My Account app and selecting the internet tab, does it show a modem serial number? does that serial number match the modem/gateway?

The error iscreateDrmSession 403-102

SSID is not an issue the roku is hardwired and I have zero network issues.

Yes the modem is correct (it is a modem owned by me)

I have had this working with no issues until comcast does something.  Last week I had to deal with comcast for this same issue, got it working within minutes that time.  Last night it was working and today is back into this state. The biggest problem is if I get the right person on the other end it is fixed within a minute.  If I don't then who knows, this time it is taking days.  Something is going on where comcast loses what is my home network.  I am supposed to be getting a call in the next day or so since they were unable to fix it this time.

Service Expert

lostxp wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

lostxp wrote:

I have had this working with no issues until comcast does something.  Last week I had to deal with comcast for this same issue, got it working within minutes that time.  Last night it was working and today is back into this state. The biggest problem is if I get the right person on the other end it is fixed within a minute.  If I don't then who knows, this time it is taking days.  Something is going on where comcast loses what is my home network.  I am supposed to be getting a call in the next day or so since they were unable to fix it this time.

after all devices in the source to display agree then an HD encrypted video can play successfully. DRM errors mean that something failed in the handshake process. And you verified that the serial number of the modem listed matches exactly the serial number of the modem in use? are you able to try wifi?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

lostxp wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

lostxp wrote:

after all devices in the source to display agree then an HD encrypted video can play successfully. DRM errors mean that something failed in the handshake process. And you verified that the serial number of the modem listed matches exactly the serial number of the modem in use? are you able to try wifi?

wired vs wifi should not make a difference (I did it just because it was asked and did not make a difference).  In both cases it goes to my router and then the cable modem.

The "serial number" that I see in my account appears to be the MAC address of the modem, and are an exact match.  From what I have been told is Comcast uses the MAC address in order to know that I am at home.

Like I said before this is the 6th time I have seen this error, and the 2nd time in the last week.  Last week I called comcast and had a chat session and they did "something" (I did nothing on my end) and it was working.  Then a few days later it occured again, but this time the 2 techs that I got did not know how to "fix" it.  So now I am waiting for the next level support to call (hopefully tonight)

Service Expert

i promoted this conversation to a separate thread and have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hi, lostxp - The error "createDrmSession 403-102" usually indicates that you're not on your home internet connection. Is Roku hardwired connected to switch or router? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Frequent Visitor

ComcastElla wrote:

Hi, lostxp - The error "createDrmSession 403-102" usually indicates that you're not on your home internet connection. Is Roku hardwired connected to switch or router? 

Yes like I said this is the 6th time I have dealt with this and it does not seem to be getting any progress for resolution.  I was supposed to have been called based on a priority ticket they gave me and I have heard nothing from comcast (hence been on this message board).

It goes (cable modem)-(router)-(roku)  Even if there was a switch inbetween the router and the roku it should not matter since it is the mac address of the cable modem that comcast uses to say that I am at home.  I know what the error means since I have dealt with it so much.  The first time I had to deal with it was because comast had the wrong mac address for some reason.  The second time I had to deal with it was for the same as the first.  No one could explain why what or how the mac address got changed the 2nd time but something did.  Last week when this occured I was on a chat session.  The person said give them a minute, and after 20 mintues I did not hear from them, it turns out that the chat session froze for some reason.  So I tired hoping that they did something that fixed it.  Turns out whatever they did fixed the issue, but since the chat session froze I could not ask what they did.  A few days later at night it was working just fine still, however the very next day it was back to this error.  So I started my 6th chat session, went through 2 different people and neither could figure it out and were unable to see what the person did to fix it a few days ago.  So he created a priority ticket and I was supposed to hear from someone and have not.

Everytime I have had to get this fixed it has been something on comcast side with me doing nothing, but just to rule things out I have done things hoping. (here is a list to rule out various things)

1) not cable signal strength everything else works fine plus comcast put a signal booster in

2) not wifi since the roku is wired (wifi same issue anyway)

3) according to "my account" the serail number appears to be the mac address of the cable modem

4) I have power cycled the cable modem

5) I have power cycled the router

6) I have power cycled the roku

7) I have tried on different rokus

8) I have deleted the "my stream" channel and reinstalled

Everything points to some database error on the back end that does not think that I am at home, and something seems to happpen with this database that then causes me to get back to this state after I have got it fixed.

Service Expert

@lostxp while @comcastella researches this issue that has not affected others so far, have you tried calling 800-Comcast and selectted billing, and asked the representative to do a deep background refresh? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

Ok had time to deal with comcast tonight.  bad news it took 4 different chat sessions before someone either would do your suggestion or knew what your suggestion has.  The good news is that it is working now.  They ran a system diagnostic and they say it does not detect any issues.

So now the question is why does this keep occuring?

2 minor suggestions/questions

1) can I just have support to log into my account and cause this event to happen so I can recover with contacting comcast?

2) Can the roku stream channel not cause me to redo everything everytime this occurs?

Service Expert

lostxp wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Ok had time to deal with comcast tonight.  bad news it took 4 different chat sessions before someone either would do your suggestion or knew what your suggestion has.  The good news is that it is working now.  They ran a system diagnostic and they say it does not detect any issues.

1) can I just have support to log into my account and cause this event to happen so I can recover with contacting comcast?

2) Can the roku stream channel not cause me to redo everything everytime this occurs?

you have to use a phone and call 800-Comcast (not chat) and select billing and ask the representative to do a deep background account refresh. call in the daytime (suggestion) at mid-day to get USA Comcast employees.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

lostxp wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

you have to use a phone and call 800-Comcast (not chat) and select billing and ask the representative to do a deep background account refresh. call in the daytime (suggestion) at mid-day to get USA Comcast employees.

Less than a week and I am back in the same state.  I will call and have them do a deep background refresh again.  I still have not received an answer as to way this keeps happening, it seems that once it is working Comcast forgets that this seems to be a recuring problem.

(this is where it would be nice if I could log in and do this action myself)

Service Expert

it really is unusual. I have again escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hello @lostxp. I can assist in troubleshooting the XFINITY Stream service not working on your ROKU. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

Hi I have the exact issue as my roku ultra has wired Ethernet connection to a router and then to a moto modem (Comcast compatible). The xfinity beta app was working a few weeks ago and today I am getting this same error message as this gentleman.  How do I email you with my account info so you can diagnose

thx

Service Expert

kawai888 wrote:

Hi I have the exact issue as my roku ultra has wired Ethernet connection to a router and then to a moto modem (Comcast compatible). The xfinity beta app was working a few weeks ago and today I am getting this same error message as this gentleman.  How do I email you with my account info so you can diagnose

thx

since you did not quote the reply you are referring, there is no way to know which error you are receiving. What error code are you seeing?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

It asked me to enter a code to validate. I did that and it showed a screen saying

this device can only access using your in home xfinity WiFi.

but I am on my xfinity home Comcast internet service (not hotspot)

error code is createdrmsession.403_102

a whole bunch of people reported this same issue back in may in this forum and it was supposedly fixed.

again I am using a Motorola modem but have been using this modem for last 3 years.  All my other xfininity service is fine in the house

Service Expert

kawai888 wrote:

It asked me to enter a code to validate. I did that and it showed a screen saying

this device can only access using your in home xfinity WiFi.

but I am on my xfinity home Comcast internet service (not hotspot)

error code is createdrmsession.403_102

a whole bunch of people reported this same issue back in may in this forum and it was supposedly fixed.

again I am using a Motorola modem but have been using this modem for last 3 years.  All my other xfininity service is fine in the house

use the My Account app on iOS or android and log in. touch the internet tab and see if any modem is listed there. touch the modem if it does and compare your actual MaC address on your modem and see if it is letter for letter accurate.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Hi went to my account app 

found the Motorola modem icon and clicked on it 

the next screen said it not connected and only give me the modem serial and model number

there is no MAC address shown

it also wouldn’t allow me to restart this device from the ui

my modem is working perfectly

New Poster

Btw my moto modem is sb5101u  and have been using it for 3 years

Service Expert

kawai888 wrote:

Btw my moto modem is sb5101u  and have been using it for 3 years

call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the rep to update your modem with your own modem information. The 'serial number' is the MAC ID in their system.Once that is done your my account app will show the serial number and then the devices will work in your home.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon