Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: MyHD is not working the picture comes on but it is the same no high def. and it is not as big. M

New Poster

Re: MyHD is not working the picture comes on but it is the same no high def. and it is not as big. M

I too am having problems with HD with the new Beta Streaming App on roku.

The picture is much smaller than the full screen,  maybe 60% and it's blurry.   It definately appears to be coming in at 480p or 480i.

However,  my DVR functions though. :-)

My only options for streaming is STARZ.    I'm currently attempting to watch 'The Good Dinosaur'  

My equipment consists of several different HD screens, with one being 4K,  Roku devices range from 4K,  Roku 3, Roku 2.  

Note, this is the first time I've every attempted to watch anything from xfinity.  Normally,   I view all TV content directly from Roku,  Crackle, Netflix, Hulu, others, etc.   They all come in perfectly crystal clear 1080p and some even at 4K.

Is there something that I need to adjust within my xfinity account online?   I'm wondering if there is a setting that determines the quality of my video stream.

Thanks,  I'll wait to hear back before I proceed.

Greg 

Official Employee

nnagreg wrote:

I too am having problems with HD with the new Beta Streaming App on roku.

The picture is much smaller than the full screen,  maybe 60% and it's blurry.   It definately appears to be coming in at 480p or 480i.

However,  my DVR functions though. :-)

My only options for streaming is STARZ.    I'm currently attempting to watch 'The Good Dinosaur'  

My equipment consists of several different HD screens, with one being 4K,  Roku devices range from 4K,  Roku 3, Roku 2.  

Note, this is the first time I've every attempted to watch anything from xfinity.  Normally,   I view all TV content directly from Roku,  Crackle, Netflix, Hulu, others, etc.   They all come in perfectly crystal clear 1080p and some even at 4K.

Is there something that I need to adjust within my xfinity account online?   I'm wondering if there is a setting that determines the quality of my video stream.

Thanks,  I'll wait to hear back before I proceed.

Greg 

Hi Greg,

Sorry you're having trouble.  A while back I had heard that there were quality issues with the Starz streams on the Roku app.  Can you try another programmer? If the other programmer is solid quality, then this would confirm it is specific to Starz.

-CocmastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation