New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Mtv app comcast not listed as provider

ANSWERED
New Poster

I downloaded and signed into the Xfinity Stream app. MTV is not listed as a network and doesn't show up when I search for it... help!

Accepted Solution

All,

We apologize for any inconvenience that you may be experiencing. Our agreement with Viacom has not changed and continues to provide Xfinity TV customers with access to Viacom programming at home or on the go via the Xfinity Stream app and web portal. While our agreement does not provide customers with access to Viacom’s programming on their owned apps and websites, until recently Viacom had been providing unauthorized access to users.

View answer in context
Service Expert

dwilli wrote:

I downloaded and signed into the Xfinity Stream app. MTV is not listed as a network and doesn't show up when I search for it... hel!

there are some earlier posts about this on this same thread. there is a web page that talks about available 3rd party sites. see this site - https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/online-tv-through-partner-sites - there are many music choice channels on their app and it is valid with a channel subscription that includes music choice. for music click the music tab (starts on videos).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Sorry but the Comcast expert said above on this thread that MTV can be streamed on the Xfinity Stream app, but it's not listed. 

I don't want music. I want to watch the network. 

Service Expert

dwilli wrote:

Sorry but the Comcast expert said above on this thread that MTV can be streamed on the Xfinity Stream app, but it's not listed. 

I tried to authenticate on the app, and roku MTV channel but Xfinity/Comcast is not listed. that follows the web page information  provided in the link in an earlier post.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

dwilli wrote:

I can stream mtv with the xfi stream app. Did you try to enter mtv in the app search? Do you get mtv using your cable box? If not, its not part of your tv package.

Service Expert

mvenanzi wrote:

dwilli wrote:

I can stream mtv with the xfi stream app. Did you try to enter mtv in the app search? Do you get mtv using your cable box? If not, its not part of your tv package.

I have it in my package but MTV doesn't list Xfinity/Comcast at all (smart devices & roku checked).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

dwilli wrote:

I have it in my package but MTV doesn't list Xfinity/Comcast at all (smart devices & roku checked).

Read carefully . . . Current question by dwilli is concerning using Xfinity Stream app not mtv app as OP was.

Service Expert

Re: Stream app does't show subscription to MTV on the Stream app

dwilli wrote:

I downloaded and signed into the Xfinity Stream app. MTV is not listed as a network and doesn't show up when I search for it... help!

I moved your post and replies to a separate thread as your post is unrelated to the original topic.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

dwilli wrote:

would you log in to the Xfinity My Account app, select TV and at the top there is a link for your package's channels. Does the channel number show up there that you watch on your home X1 equipment? if so, call 800-Comcast and select billing, ask the agent to do a deep account background refresh (can take up to an hour). let us know if it is working or not.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

It is not listed under my channels. I don't understand why it's not listed now... when I could watch MTV for all of 2017. I thought it was in my plan. 

Thanks. 

Service Expert

dwilli wrote:

It is not listed under my channels. I don't understand why it's not listed now... when I could watch MTV for all of 2017. I thought it was in my plan. 

Thanks. 

call 800-Comcast (I'd wait until 8am Tuesday for the holiday) and select billing. They can review what your package is supposed to have access to and may find there is a back end database problem that they can easily fix. I've not heard of accounts losing MTV before. would you let us know what they said and outcome?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Administrator
Administrator

All,

We apologize for any inconvenience that you may be experiencing. Our agreement with Viacom has not changed and continues to provide Xfinity TV customers with access to Viacom programming at home or on the go via the Xfinity Stream app and web portal. While our agreement does not provide customers with access to Viacom’s programming on their owned apps and websites, until recently Viacom had been providing unauthorized access to users.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
New Poster

why not just allow access what was the harm previously? I feel as if its much easier to stream on their website rather than yours.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation