Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: DVR shows skipping content on stream app

New Poster

I am having the same issue - on almost every show that is recorded via the DVR I experience skipping through the entire program anywhere from a few seconds to a minute. I have uninstalled the app and installed again and no better. 

There are also some shows that will not play at all via the app but will on the home television.

Service Expert

Momof4js2001 wrote:

I am having the same issue - on almost every show that is recorded via the DVR I experience skipping through the entire program anywhere from a few seconds to a minute. I have uninstalled the app and installed again and no better. 

There are also some shows that will not play at all via the app but will on the home television.

Hi, I moved your post to a separate thread. Does your problem happen on both your home internet as well as other internet connections like cell data?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing the same problem as well. I have multiple recorded shows that I watch via the Xfinity TV app. Starting last week or so, the recorded shows are shorter than their actual time frame due to skipping throughout the show. This problem doesn't occur on my TV DVR, but only on my phone. Also, when I download the show it still skips. I've read numerous threads about this issue but have never seen a solution. Help is appreciated! 

Service Expert

bbyk wrote:

I'm experiencing the same problem as well. I have multiple recorded shows that I watch via the Xfinity TV app. Starting last week or so, the recorded shows are shorter than their actual time frame due to skipping throughout the show. This problem doesn't occur on my TV DVR, but only on my phone. Also, when I download the show it still skips. I've read numerous threads about this issue but have never seen a solution. Help is appreciated! 

Does your problem happen on both your home internet as well as other internet connections like cell data?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I've been on multiple internet connections such as my home internet and other internets when the recording is occurring, and the same problem still occurs...

Service Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hello @Momof4js2001. I can assist with troubleshooting the recorded shows that are skipping. I'll need access to your account to begin. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.