Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Consistent skips in recordings watched on website or in Xfinity TV App - But not on TV ( with DV

New Poster

Re: Consistent skips in recordings watched on website or in Xfinity TV App - But not on TV ( with DV

I have had the skipping issue start up on the iPad app over the past 3 weeks. I am in the Denver/Boulder Colorado area. Is there a fix for this issue yet? 

Seems  s to me that this "Cloud DVR" should actually work better than streaming, not worse.

Bronze Problem Solver

EddyHopper wrote:

I have had the skipping issue start up on the iPad app over the past 3 weeks. I am in the Denver/Boulder Colorado area. Is there a fix for this issue yet? 

Seems  s to me that this "Cloud DVR" should actually work better than streaming, not worse.

Streaming has been around a lot longer than cloud drv. More bugs have been worked out over the time, cloud dvr still has a way to go.

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

EddyHopper,  Are you seeing the same skips on the streaming website as well? Have you tried resyncing your DVR? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

No, it oinly happens on mobile dvr. how do i resync?

New Poster

Hi Ken,

I am experiencing the same issue listed in this & other threads (ie. Cloud recordings skip during playback).  This issue started 1-2 months ago & is becoming more frequent.  I attempted to contact support via chat but the person wanted to send a technicain to our home which didn't make a lot of sense as our local DVR recordings do not have issues.  The issue seems to be limited to the recordings that are made via the Xfinity Cloud DVR.  I have tried the "sync DVR" option on the physical DVR but that did not resolve the issue.  The issue occurs while streaming or playing downloaded cloud recordings, on my home wifi & outside my wifi, & via the website. It certainly seems like there is some issue with the actual recording that is stored on the Cloud DVR service. 

Can you assist me with resolving this or help me get in touch with support?

New Poster

What is the process to resend DVR?

Bronze Problem Solver

EddyHopper wrote:

What is the process to resend DVR?

To resync dvr - xfinity button>>gear>>device settings>>sync DVR

Service Expert
Moved:

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation