Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Can't active HBO GO on Apple TV

New Poster

I am getting a message on my iPad the Xfinity does not support HBO Go. My computer can goto HBO Go and sign in just fine. So my iPad Pro and my Apple TV can not use the Xfinity login for HBO Go.

New Poster

Maybe people should just drop Xfinity and goto Direct TV App. It supports all of the apps.

Administrator
Administrator

Have you tried going to http://www.hbogo.com/activate/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

OMG. Don't insult our intelligence. What the heck do you think we've all done a hundred times with no resolution. Support is useless, techs are useless but you sure don't mind charging us for sevices we can't access. Typical comcast employee...clueless

Bronze Problem Solver

Official Employee

Hello mvenanzi,

Until the support for HBO GO is completely removed I will still do my best troubleshoot the issue. 

You can try to activate your Apple TV on a computer by following the directions Here. Remember that you have the option to try different browsers and may find resolution if using this option.

In past experience with apps I found that logging out or deactivating the service then reactivating can fix most issues. On your Apple TV (if you already had HBO Go installed) open the app select settings > deactivate > deactivate now. For those that cannot access the app or have uninstalled already you can request a device deactivation by visiting Here. Once you have deactivated, please uninstall, reinstall, then attempt activation again.

Please lets us know if any of these options work for you.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastMichaelP wrote:

Hello mvenanzi,

Until the support for HBO GO is completely removed I will still do my best troubleshoot the issue. 

You can try to activate your Apple TV on a computer by following the directions Here. Remember that you have the option to try different browsers and may find resolution if using this option.

In past experience with apps I found that logging out or deactivating the service then reactivating can fix most issues. On your Apple TV (if you already had HBO Go installed) open the app select settings > deactivate > deactivate now. For those that cannot access the app or have uninstalled already you can request a device deactivation by visiting Here. Once you have deactivated, please uninstall, reinstall, then attempt activation again.

Please lets us know if any of these options work for you.

Ok but OP wrote that it worked fine on pc but not apple tv or ipad. If the apple tv and ipad have updated hbogo apps, xfinity will no longer be available as a provider

"Our streaming agreement with HBO was cancelled in April of this year. If you still have access you will soon lose it or if you update the HBOGO app Xfinity or Comcast will not be listed as a TV provider upon sign in. However we do have HBO NOW which will allow you to use the HBO app to stream content. "

source - http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/HBO-GO-is-not-working-with-xfinity-account/m-p/2974852#M9...

Official Employee

Thank you mvenanzi,

I apologize for any confusion caused as I was not speaking about using the app on a PC but completing the Apple TV activation from a PC. The link is an article I found on the HBO GO help site. Considering that people will receive the update at different times if someone reports that they can still see us in the provider listings I will do my due diligence to support the connection. If you are able to stream with HBO NOW then there is no need for my support on the issue.

Thank you again for all of your help in our online community.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation