Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Problem using Xfinity TV go app with Apple TV. Problem using Xfinity TV go app with Apple TV.

ANSWERED

Problem using Xfinity TV go app with Apple TV. Problem using Xfinity TV go app with Apple TV.

Can't get streaming videos from my iPad to a TV screen connected to Apple TV. Keep getting license issue 3338 (1000942). The message says this video stream is not playable under the current device conditions. Please disconnect any external devices including airplay and try again. Very frustrated since I've called the Xfinity helpline four times and never get someone who understands the problem.any help with this issue would be tremendously appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem using Xfinity TV go app with Apple TV. Problem using Xfinity TV go app with Apple TV.

@CHARLES_STEGALL_713

I apologize for the inconvenience, however at this time the Xfinity TV app does not allow video playback to external devices/displays due to contractual limitations. 

View answer in context
Service Expert

Re: Problem using Xfinity TV go app with Apple TV. Problem using Xfinity TV go app with Apple TV.

CHARLES_STEGALL_713 wrote:

Can't get streaming videos from my iPad to a TV screen connected to Apple TV. Keep getting license issue 3338 (1000942). The message says this video stream is not playable under the current device conditions. Please disconnect any external devices including airplay and try again. Very frustrated since I've called the Xfinity helpline four times and never get someone who understands the problem.any help with this issue would be tremendously appreciated.

the permissions allowed by the providers block your phone/tabletHDMI connection. You can still use a desk/laptop with HDMI.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Administrator
Administrator

@CHARLES_STEGALL_713

I apologize for the inconvenience, however at this time the Xfinity TV app does not allow video playback to external devices/displays due to contractual limitations. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
New Poster

It is amusing that every other company allows this feature to work. When you pay well over a hundred dollars every month and it goes up in price every so often and you have to call to find another "promotion" you think you could get some decent service. 

Service Expert
Moved:

New Poster

The reality is that Comcast doesn't want the viewing experience to go outside the individual.  By deliberately disallowing the connection, you won't eliminate your cable boxes.   Otherwise you would only need WIFI service and could stream everything.  It's all about the money, in the end.  Been personally looking at changing the game entirely since the FCC is worthless in protecting our consumer rights.  

New Poster

No that's not true. The only reason we're getting all this streaming content from the app is because we pay monthly for cable service. It's not as if ANYONE can use this app and watch all the movies and shows. You need to sign-in with your Comcast email and you must be a cable tv subscriber.
If you eliminate your cable boxes, then you lose the ability to stream with the app
New Poster

I would say that Xfinity needs to get on-board the air play train. There are just too many choices out there that DO offer airplay so to remain competitive, that options really needs to be offered.  

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation