Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Playback issue 8001 stream tv HELP

New Poster

Playback issue 8001 stream tv HELP

I use the Stream TV app all the time downloading and watching TV shows on the go. The other night it started giving me playback issue 8001 were sorry something unexpected just happened please try again . Once this happens none of the shows that are recorded can be watched from my mobile device or downloaded and that's the end of the line there is no going back I can only be watch directly from the TV which is upsetting because I travel so I can't watch any shows on the go and I'm paying for cable for no reason please fix this ASAP please respond what is going on ???!!
IMG_2406.PNG
Problem Solver

Re: Playback issue 8001 stream tv HELP

Hello

I posted in an answer in a different thread earlier today that may be useful to you: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Problem-with-Watching-Recorded-Content-on-iPad-Pro-since-...

If, as your handle implies, you are in Boston, the problem described in the second bullet in that post is actually still going on. Teams are working on fixing the root cause of the issue; in the meantime, the workaround described in the first bullet may help. I'm sorry this is happening. :-(

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Playback issue 8001 stream tv HELP

Thank you very much it looks like the episodes that just recorded tonight I'm able to watch and download, but the episodes that were recordeded the past two days are still showing that error . hopefully at least since the new recordings from tonight are starting to be able to be viewed and downloaded that they fixed the problem and from now on I won't experience that issue anymore. I appreciate your time and response
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation