Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Playback issue 1004

Regular Visitor

Playback issue 1004

For the last two days I have been unable to watch the ABC To Go channel. This is so frustrating. I have cleared cookies and cache, Logged out and deleted and reinstalled the app with no luck. I keep getting the error message: Playback Issue 1004. A Disney playback error has occurred...
What else can I try?
Official Employee

Re: Playback issue 1004

Ros5 wrote:
For the last two days I have been unable to watch the ABC To Go channel. This is so frustrating. I have cleared cookies and cache, Logged out and deleted and reinstalled the app with no luck. I keep getting the error message: Playback Issue 1004. A Disney playback error has occurred...
What else can I try?

Have you recently disabled location services on your device?  The ABC broadcast network is only available via TV Go (out of home) in select markets where ABC owns the station (i.e. about 10 major cities).  The app needs to confirm your location when you initiate playback so it can deliver the proper station based on your physical location.

I'm not familiar with that specific error code but hopefully this helps.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your response. My location services is on and I'm trying to watch the ABC station in an area I have been able to watch it before.
Official Employee

Ros5 wrote:
Thank you for your response. My location services is on and I'm trying to watch the ABC station in an area I have been able to watch it before.

I'm stumped but will reach out to the technical team to see if there are any known issues. Thanks for following up and sorry you are having issues.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Trying to stream NBA finals on iPhone but getting this error message. Location services are on but still no go. Any tips?
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation