online now

discussions

Playback Issue :: 8001

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 16 (1,627 Views)

Playback Issue :: 8001

Trying to playback the Super Bowl on my iPad that I have recorded on my X1 at home, and this is the error I keep getting. Everything else plays back fine, just not what what I really want to watch. 

15 REPLIES
Posted by
Administrator

Message 2 of 16 (1,552 Views)

Re: Playback Issue :: 8001

Hi Ksully1 -- Apologies for that playback issue. I've done an account data refresh for you. Can you see if that clears that error?

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 16 (1,318 Views)

I am getting this message for several of my recordings. How do i fix this?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 4 of 16 (1,298 Views)

I'm having this issue too trying to playback a recording from yesterday evening on my iPad, When Calls the Heart from the Hallmark channel. Please help. Thanks!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 16 (947 Views)

I am getting the same error when trying to watch shows I've recorded through the DVR and try to watch them on a device. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 6 of 16 (909 Views)

Im having the same issue with playback code 8001 on my ios devices- I have spend over and hour on the phonse with Comcast but no luck in resloving the issue.  I can playback on DVR but not using the new X1 stream TV app on my device.  I have reinstalled the app on my device.  Also had a new error code today - a show I recorded last night i was able to play but halfway thru it stopped and gave me another error code - after 15 of trying to resume or start it over it finally starting playing again

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 7 of 16 (858 Views)

It appears that after the latest Xfinity Stream app update, cloud recordings made before February 24 will not play and result in error 8001.  Comcast shows us once again their software developers are not savy enough to keep the interfaces in sync between all these applications they have created.  Sometimes I wonder if they test these changes at all before releasing them.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 8 of 16 (842 Views)

mikelap wrote:

It appears that after the latest Xfinity Stream app update, cloud recordings made before February 24 will not play and result in error 8001.  Comcast shows us once again their software developers are not savy enough to keep the interfaces in sync between all these applications they have created.  Sometimes I wonder if they test these changes at all before releasing them.

i did a test of a feb 18th SD recording and an HD movie recorded in october 2016 and both play just fine.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 9 of 16 (795 Views)

Rusty, the vast majority of my cloud recordings are giving me error code 8001 or error 102100.5. The problem is noted across several threads in Stream TV App forum and the Xfinity Stream website forum. This does not seem to be isolated. It has affected at least 5 people I know personally and there are many more on the support forums. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 10 of 16 (786 Views)

adam_WM wrote:

Rusty, the vast majority of my cloud recordings are giving me error code 8001 or error 102100.5. The problem is noted across several threads in Stream TV App forum and the Xfinity Stream website forum. This does not seem to be isolated. It has affected at least 5 people I know personally and there are many more on the support forums. 

The engineering team is currently investigating the 8001 issue which does appear to have spiked over the past days/weeks. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 11 of 16 (620 Views)

The issue persists... What is the ETA for resolution. This isn't why we pay a premium for service.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 12 of 16 (227 Views)

Hi, any update? I am having the 8001 problem for most of the DVR'd content in our account. The problem is occurring on both the Xfinity Stream TV app and the beta Roku Xfinity app... Programs DVR'd today seem to be okay, but almost all of the saved recordings can't be played back. Anything we can test to help move this along?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 13 of 16 (215 Views)

bdpiper wrote:

Hi, any update? I am having the 8001 problem for most of the DVR'd content in our account. The problem is occurring on both the Xfinity Stream TV app and the beta Roku Xfinity app... Programs DVR'd today seem to be okay, but almost all of the saved recordings can't be played back. Anything we can test to help move this along?

since the recordings were incomplete/corrupted they can't be played on the cloud DVR copy. You may watch via the DVR or delete the recording and watch using on-demand copy.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 14 of 16 (198 Views)

OK, turn on "newbie" light... So the DVR'ed content is stored locally on the X1 box and copied into the cloud version? I checked the DVR list on the X1 box and it is complete and seems to play okay. When I look at the DVR program list using the Stream TV or ROKU app, I see an abbreviated list and what is there doesn't play. If I understand what you are saying, the cloud versions have become corrupted, but I still should be able to watch the DVR'd copy on the X1 box. Can I delete the Cloud versions and not delete the local versions. I'm also assuming there is no way to reload into the cloud...

This is kind of a bummer, on-demand has stopped working for us this week, so it is a sad household today! Thanks for your help and patience...

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 15 of 16 (193 Views)

bdpiper wrote:

OK, turn on "newbie" light... So the DVR'ed content is stored locally on the X1 box and copied into the cloud version? I checked the DVR list on the X1 box and it is complete and seems to play okay. When I look at the DVR program list using the Stream TV or ROKU app, I see an abbreviated list and what is there doesn't play. If I understand what you are saying, the cloud versions have become corrupted, but I still should be able to watch the DVR'd copy on the X1 box. Can I delete the Cloud versions and not delete the local versions. I'm also assuming there is no way to reload into the cloud...

This is kind of a bummer, on-demand has stopped working for us this week, so it is a sad household today! Thanks for your help and patience...

fully separate systems. When you create a recording the cloud DVR records separately but at the same time as your home DVR.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 16 of 16 (7 Views)

Thanks, I started deleting the cloud based versions that are corrupt and trying a couple of scheduled recordings today as a test. Thanks for the help...