members

online now

discussions

Playback Error :: 106000

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

We're sorry, but we're unable to locate this video stream. Please try another channel or program.
Error 5

What is this? The channel is available live, but am getting this when I try to watch recordings. Tried on 2 separate devices & got the same thing.
Accepted Solution

Re: Playback Error :: 106000

Your answer is not correct!!

It's channel 835 LIFED Lifetime. It's the channel that Project Runway is on. So not Lifetime movies.

I have been messaging ComcastLoriHC for weeks & nothing has still been done about this.
View answer in context
Official Employee

Unfortunately 5 means FILE_NOT_FOUND. It looks like the two most recent recordings you got this error on were deleted by the scheduler, but I'm trying to understand why they'd still be visible to you in the app. Do you mind if I open a ticket on your behalf to investigate? 

LHC

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Please do open a ticket!! This was on more than one video. The ones I've found so far this happened to were Lifetime programs. When I found I was able to schedule recordings at later time and it happened again.

What do you mean by "deleted by the scheduler"?
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem today. The downloads that I have on my phone are not playing back. I can still watch live TV on my phone but none of the downloads work or now it won't let me record.
Frequent Visitor

Just now checked and the recordings are available from the DVR straight to the TV. So, it seems, the problem is with the app???
Frequent Visitor

Everything being recorded on Lifetime channel is getting these messages.
We're sorry, but we're unable to locate this video stream. Please try another channel or program.
Error 5
Why has this not been corrected since I 1st reported it? This is very frustrating as I record several shows on Lifetime.
Official Employee

Hi again

Wasn’t ignoring you—just following up behind the scenes. Is it Lifetime Movies that’s the problem? If so, there was indeed an issue with this stream that was corrected today. If new recordings on this channel from today onward still fail to play, please private message me with details about the recording (title, date & time recorded, channel name/number), and I’ll reopen the issue.

Have a nice weekend.

LHC

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

It's channel 835 LIFED Lifetime. It's the channel that Project Runway is on. So not Lifetime movies.

Just tried recording something & it is still not working!! Now were going on 2 weeks.
New Poster

I am getting the same error on my fox recordings, NBC and CBS   so it isn't specific to lifetime.

New Poster

I have been getting same 106000 playback error recording Project Runway on Channel 835. Is anyone at Xfinity working on this issue?

Service Expert

dzmacivor wrote:

I have been getting same 106000 playback error recording Project Runway on Channel 835. Is anyone at Xfinity working on this issue?

hi, see message #7 in this thread for assistance.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Frequent Visitor

I have been messaging ComcastLoriHC for weeks & nothing has still been done about this.
Frequent Visitor

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/5023195

New Poster

I would appreciate a response directly from ComcastLori. Same issue with all playbacks on channel  835. NOTHING to do with Lifetime Movies specifically. Today is Friday October 6 and the issue is still happening.

Service Expert

dzmacivor wrote:

I would appreciate a response directly from ComcastLori. Same issue with all playbacks on channel  835. NOTHING to do with Lifetime Movies specifically. Today is Friday October 6 and the issue is still happening.

hi, I referred you to that post so that you could see the directions to sent a private message to that Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

I am getting the error on live tv from a phone and a tablet...please advise
Official Employee

Hi 

I don't see any completed recordings from channel 835 on your account. If you are experiencing a problem other than playing back recordings on channel 835, please do provide details about what you're experiencing so we can open a ticket for that. If the problem is indeed playback of recordings, can you record something on channel 835 so I can give something to the video delivery team to investigate?

LHC

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

OK! Finally found the right team to fix the problem, and it should be sorted now. (Again, this is referring to issues with Lifetime HD, not general 106000 errors). All the folks wanting to record Project Runway and play back on mobile or web should be all set. :-) 

LHC

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I can't play anything on live TV either. I tried Fox on Sunday and missed the Packers game. Now I am trying telemundo to watch the Mexico vs Hondurad soccer game and am unable to do so. I aldo can't put anyother channel on live/broadcast tv. Playback error 106000 appears as well. Please help
New Poster

I am currently on vacation in the Caribbean. Unable to access live tv to go

New Poster

thanks lori. my lifetime playbacks are working now.

Contributor

I am having this problem also. Downloaded successfully but then get playback error when I try to watch. Using Android app
Official Employee

Hey harphacker

You likely have a different problem than others on this thread. (Unfortunately, the 106000 error code is super generic and can happen for a bunch of unrelated reasons.) Yours sounds like it might be a corrupted download. We found a case where if a download didn't complete in a single shot—that is, it might have paused while your device changed networks and then resumed—the resulting download could be missing some necessary data. This issue should be fixed in the next release of Stream (4.7.0). 106000 errors can still occur in many other circumstances, from streams being down to network errors, but this particular corrupted download case should be taken care of shortly.

LHC

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.