Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Periodic "Maximum Streams Reached" Intermittent Error

New Poster

Periodic "Maximum Streams Reached" Intermittent Error

I forget the exact message, but fairly often I get a "max streams reached" message when I try to watch am xfinity streaming channel on my roku, at home on my comcast network. For me I see it a lot on ESPN but it's happened elsewhere. I do not think there is a limit of streams I can watch at home but FYI when I see this I (only) have one other ROKU TV active. If I go to other channels and then go back to the one I got the error on, sometimes I need to do this a few times, I finally get the channel. 

I'm wanting to ditch my slig streaming for the xfinity service, and am waiting for this to be fixed. I assume this is the place to report bugs unless someone says otherwise. 

Thanks,

Dan

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Periodic "Maximum Streams Reached" Intermittent Error

DanMN wrote:

I forget the exact message, but fairly often I get a "max streams reached" message when I try to watch am xfinity streaming channel on my roku, at home on my comcast network. For me I see it a lot on ESPN but it's happened elsewhere. I do not think there is a limit of streams I can watch at home but FYI when I see this I (only) have one other ROKU TV active. If I go to other channels and then go back to the one I got the error on, sometimes I need to do this a few times, I finally get the channel. 

I'm wanting to ditch my slig streaming for the xfinity service, and am waiting for this to be fixed. I assume this is the place to report bugs unless someone says otherwise. 

Thanks,

Dan

When the problem happens, go here: https://tv.xfinity.com/settings/devices  and see if any other devices are streaming.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation