Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Partial recordings

New Poster

Partial recordings

An issue has developed recently where when I download a show off the DVR to my mobile device a portion of the show is missing, mainly from the start of the show but, can be up to 50% of the show. When I watch on DVR, the whole show is there but, not all downloading.

Service Expert

Re: Partial recordings

bosox0805 wrote:

An issue has developed recently where when I download a show off the DVR to my mobile device a portion of the show is missing, mainly from the start of the show but, can be up to 50% of the show. When I watch on DVR, the whole show is there but, not all downloading.

There is a known issue impacting certain markets (Chicago, Detroit, and Twin Cities). It isn't an issue with the app - it is the Cloud DVR recordings, which are recorded separately from those on your physical DVR.  

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Question. How long is this known issue going to continue? It is now 2 weeks old. Is theee any remedy soon?
New Poster

Having exactly the same issue. Programs on multiple channels record perfectly on the DVR but when you try to play them via the app they show as only partially recorded. The only way to view them is then to delete the recording and watch on demand (along with all the ads!!). Useless!! If anyone has a solution, would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation