New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Pandora App

ANSWERED
New Poster

Pandora App

I am trying to figure out how to get Pandora on my TV I have an account and when I try to open it with my cable box I get error "1009".  Help would be great!  Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Re: Pandora App

I just did this we will see what happens!

View answer in context
New Poster

I have an account, how do I apply it to my X1 box?

Service Expert

Maybe this will help.  I don't have Pandora.

https://welcome.comcast.net/x1/prefs/apps

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I just did this we will see what happens!

New Poster

it finally works. We need to inform comcast that this link is not part of the instructions. Thanks

New Poster

I have a paid (commercial free) Pandora account and keep getting the 1009 error.  Tried this

solution by disconnecting and then reconnecting by paid account and it still does work.

Pandora tech support is useless. Any ideas?

Regular Visitor

So I am having a different problem.  I have been using the Pandora App since I got X1 about a year ago but now when I log in, it is signing me in as a different person.  Not anyone on my list but a completely randon email address.  I have gone into the App settings on the Xfinity website and disconnected and reconneted a few times and the website says I am connected with my email address but when it comes up on the tv it is someone I don't even know.

New Poster

Same issue here, Pandora connects to random peoples accounts instead of mine. There are now dozens of hip hop fans wondering why Sinatra is on their stations lists.

New Poster

Same issue connection to others accounts. Whats the fix?
Problem Solver

There could be be two routes to go with this one. First thing I would call x1 dept and have them reinitialize the boxes and restart entitlements. If this will not work there is a Comcast app dept, however I am unsure if they handle both phone and box apps. Somewhere a while back this was posted before. For some reason my mind is a blank in trying to remember the solution, if I do I will update you.

Another long shot would be to talk to the email dept maybe your email is not linked right?
New Poster

When using Pandora if I attempt to go through my Pandora channel list it causes the app as well as the system to freeze. The only way I can correct this is to hold down the power button. This is the only issue I have with the system. Is there some kind of fix for this or do I just except the fact that Pandora is not an option?
Problem Solver

I think you need to call in and talk to x1 on this . Assuming that all of your signals are in good order it should not do this.

Gold Problem Solver

I think the pizzaman is right. Call into X1. Make sure they give you a trouble ticket number. Trouble tickets are the usually the only thing that gets forwarded to the engineers for repair and it is the only thing Comcast tracks.

I want to add that Comcast's version of Pandora does not have a screen saver so I wouldn't use it even if it did work right. All three of my Blu-ray players have access to Pandora and all three have screen savers so I use those instead.

mike_sommers wrote:
When using Pandora if I attempt to go through my Pandora channel list it causes the app as well as the system to freeze. The only way I can correct this is to hold down the power button. This is the only issue I have with the system. Is there some kind of fix for this or do I just except the fact that Pandora is not an option?

Service Expert

mike_sommers wrote:

My pandora is fine (although I've asked many times to have mutlple users possible). I changed to the christmas traditional radio station to test and Nat Kinkg Cole is great. pandora uses the built in docsis modem that the DVR includes inside of its case. I'm guessing that that is a problem in your billing codes/entitlement seup. does 'photos' work for you (another internet app).

you can call the x1 support center at 877-896-8678 and see if they can diagnose signal levels etc to see why you are having a problem.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

All 3 of your boxes are too high and out of spec on the upstream and may be the reasons for your issues. If possible remove any unneeded splitters, if you can't, you should call in to get a no gain amp installed to get your equipment into specs and go from there.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

No extra splitters that I know of. I do not have the X1 modem installed I'm using a arris sb6121. The tech that installed the system said I might need the modem replaced. Yes photos explore works. I do not have the Facebook or Instagram set up at this point. Would a no gain amp correct this?
Official Employee

It might but having the amp would get all of your equipment in spec and keep you from having future signal related issues. Did the tech say why you might have to replace your modem?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

He said it's the X1 system required a special modem. I had just purchased the one I'm using so he said he would complete the install with it but if the equipment was found not to work right I would most likely need to replace it. I can't imagin that being the issue being that the rest of the system works perfect, but what do I know....
Official Employee

Don't worry about it, the modem you have is fine. The X1 platform has nothing to do with your modem.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I will call in and find out about the no gain amp. Thanks for your help.
Service Expert

mike_sommers wrote:
No extra splitters that I know of. I do not have the X1 modem installed I'm using a arris sb6121. The tech that installed the system said I might need the modem replaced. Yes photos explore works. I do not have the Facebook or Instagram set up at this point. Would a no gain amp correct this?

the x1 modem inside your x1 dvr (docsis 3) is all that x1 devices use. you can turn off/unplug/remove cable from your data modem and won't make a bit of difference to your tv equipment. The only tech contact for x1 knowledgeable personnel for comcast is the support center at 877-896-8678. re: the message you see on accessing pandora it is talking about the docsis 3 built into the DVR(s).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Just got off the phone with tech support. It's a known issue and supposed to be corrected in a software update next month. We shall see what happens. He said signals looked good.
New Poster

I was able to find the profile page (thanks to the info above) and logged into pandora.  I have the green check mark and manage connection box; but when i go back to my tv and click on the pandora app - i get teh same msg as before...says to log on to the xfinity profile page and set up pandora...what's up?

Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 14 in conversation