Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

On Demand, Ipad to TV help

Frequent Visitor

On Demand, Ipad to TV help

Last year I bought a dta so that we could mirror our Ipad to TV and worked pretty good however, showing what was on the ipad, but I had hoped that we could also mirror the On Demand from Xfinity.  Unfortunately, that wasnt the case and I was blocked from viewing the programming except from the Ipad. Having a vacation home in another state, it would have been cool to watch our saved programming on that tv, rather than to have to get a different cable provider in that area for just a few months. Has this changed?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: On Demand, Ipad to TV help

mrrick7474 wrote:

Last year I bought a dta so that we could mirror our Ipad to TV and worked pretty good however, showing what was on the ipad, but I had hoped that we could also mirror the On Demand from Xfinity.  Unfortunately, that wasnt the case and I was blocked from viewing the programming except from the Ipad. Having a vacation home in another state, it would have been cool to watch our saved programming on that tv, rather than to have to get a different cable provider in that area for just a few months. Has this changed?

Yes, comcast has blocked mobile devices from using external displays. PC's still work with external displays since they require them to be used.

Frequent Visitor

Ahhhh..

I am kind of a novice at this and I have basic knowledge so bear with me..

So can i connect an HDMI Cable from Computer to regular tv to watch saved DVR or On Demand programming while I am away from home? Or Wifi?

Bronze Problem Solver

mrrick7474 wrote:

Ahhhh..

So can i connect an HDMI Cable from Computer to regular tv to watch saved DVR or On Demand programming while I am away from home? Or Wifi?

If you'er not on your home network, you can only watch programs allowed "away from home", another new restriction.

Service Expert

mrrick7474 wrote:

Ahhhh..

some on-demand content is in-home restricted (by the creator/distributor). when away from home, set filter to available out of the home. all recordings are available. (remember streaming is in USA only).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Administrator
Administrator

mrrick7474,

What you are discussing is called tethering. Tethering is essentially streaming from your iPad to the TV directly. As of now, Comcast does not support any type of tethering.

I hope this answers your questions. If this changes in the future, we will be sure to post it here in the forum. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation