Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Not all channels available on Xfinity TV app while at home

New Poster

Not all channels available on Xfinity TV app while at home

On all devices (iPad, Laptop, phone), when I am on my home network, connected to the wifi from my Xfinity router, when I access the Xfinity TV app, I cannot access all tv channels that are part of my subscription.   Many channels are missing, mostly local channels but others as well.  This was working before but suddenly stopped working within the last week or so.   I called customer support but no one so far has been able to help.   Has anyone else had this problem and/or know of a resolution?

Service Expert

Re: Not all channels available on Xfinity TV app while at home

rgraca0 wrote:

On all devices (iPad, Laptop, phone), when I am on my home network, connected to the wifi from my Xfinity router, when I access the Xfinity TV app, I cannot access all tv channels that are part of my subscription.   Many channels are missing, mostly local channels but others as well.  This was working before but suddenly stopped working within the last week or so.   I called customer support but no one so far has been able to help.   Has anyone else had this problem and/or know of a resolution?

check your wireless network that you are connected to the next time it happens. I keep finding my devices hooking up to neighbor's xfinity wifi SSID

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Rusty, sometimes your advice is a little convoluted.  Channels don't go missing depending on which wifi network you connect to! I can see all my channels when at home, at the store, probably if I was on the International Space Station.  Just can't stream Live TV when when out of home. OP says they are missing channels, that is a totally different issue.

On a side note, if your device is constantly connecting to your neighbors Xfinity hotspot, then that is your problem. Just tell your device to forget the network and you won't have that problem again.

Rustyben wrote:

check your wireless network that you are connected to the next time it happens. I keep finding my devices hooking up to neighbor's xfinity wifi SSID

Service Expert

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Rusty, sometimes your advice is a little convoluted.  Channels don't go missing depending on which wifi network you connect to! I can see all my channels when at home, at the store, probably if I was on the International Space Station.  Just can't stream Live TV when when out of home. OP says they are missing channels, that is a totally different issue.

On a side note, if your device is constantly connecting to your neighbors Xfinity hotspot, then that is your problem. Just tell your device to forget the network and you won't have that problem again.

Rustyben wrote:

strange... you don't get the TVGO channels on xfinitywifi wireless? 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation