Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No sound

New Poster

No sound

The 09/09/17 Shahs of Sunset on xfinity stream does not have sound. Commercials have sound but the show does not. Other shows I watch have sound (except for the last episodes of The Diappearance of Natalie Holloway and The Real Housewives of Auckland. I watch on an iPad (for years) and this is the first time this has happened.

New Poster

Re: No sound

Mine is the same way. Any resolution on your end yet?

New Poster

Not yet Smiley Sad

New Poster

My shows also have no sound despite the commercials having sound. It seems like all newly uploaded Real Housewives episodes are among those without sound. Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.
Service Expert

algj wrote:

The 09/09/17 Shahs of Sunset on xfinity stream does not have sound. Commercials have sound but the show does not. Other shows I watch have sound (except for the last episodes of The Diappearance of Natalie Holloway and The Real Housewives of Auckland. I watch on an iPad (for years) and this is the first time this has happened.

on what device are you using the stream app? are you actually on the website instead?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi all

We have a ticket open with our content team about this. The most recent TV Go episodes of the shows algj mentions as well as a few others do not have any sound on any platform we've tried (iOS, Android, web, Roku), and the problem may be with how the episodes were delivered from the provider. Thanks for letting us know, and hopefully the content folks can get it sorted soon.

LHC

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

I have sound on my computer speakers, but it refuses to go through my bluetooth headphones...everything else on my macbook goes through my headphones and xfinitystream does not.  Even when I have the internal speakers disabled it comes on and the only way to turn volume down is the volume control on the app...not my Macbook controls...weird.

New Poster

Re: No sound (Mac OS, Firefox)

Something is up with this - Audio problem!  In the last couple days ONLY have I experienced audio streaming troubles to an External BLUETOOTH speaker via the Xfinity website.  This seems to be specfic with Firefox and the Mac OS -latest official revs.  This DID NOT start after any specific Add Ons or App updates even though I did a handful today in an attempt to resolve the NEW issue.  Perhaps there was some Xfinity, server app or other update from the source involved?  No problem with Android Stream TV and this same speaker.

Regular Visitor

the wierd thing for me is i can use chrome and get bt sound but not firefox

New Poster

Same is true for me too. Safari and Firefox seems broke in this regard. I actually installed the Flash "pepper" in hopes of fixing browsers yet risking breaking Chrome. Still working!
New Poster

Re: No sound certain shows

This has obviously not been resolved.  Recently started having this same issue with General Hospital; started about 1 1/2 weeks ago.  Every episode before that was fine, but since about 10/16/17, no sound.  Please let us know when this will be resolved.

Service Expert

ccahoon11 wrote:

This has obviously not been resolved.  Recently started having this same issue with General Hospital; started about 1 1/2 weeks ago.  Every episode before that was fine, but since about 10/16/17, no sound.  Please let us know when this will be resolved.

do you still have one of the episodes available? when playing back a recording with no audio tap the screen so the control icons appear on right side and touch SAP and select english.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote:

ccahoon11 wrote:

do you still have one of the episodes available? when playing back a recording with no audio tap the screen so the control icons appear on right side and touch SAP and select english.

General Hospital is a provider problem. When a General Hospital episode is first available on demand, there is no audio, some hours later the audio is present. This morning episope 142 had no audio, now it does.

See other thread:http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Why-can-t-I-get-volume-to-work-on-General-Hospit...